Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

2 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Psychoanalysis from an incredibly biased fan perspective. Yikes. Let's point out that neither Rob nor Armaan committed on the spot, so the same flawed psychoanalysis could be applied to them. They clearly entertained thoughts of playing elsewhere.

We have heard in the past NUMEROUS players who came to IU who said they knew all along they were coming but wanted to enjoy the process. We’ve also heard that kids we thought were locks all along weren’t and used the full process. For us to think we can tell what’s going on in their heads is dumb...sorry it’s a based on literally nothing.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, dgambill said:

Agreed. I honestly believe he wants to see how the roster shakes out before committing. Say Romeo comes back...that would mean Keion would be taking a back seat in the offense and focus...that is not likely to happen but if it did I could understand that Keion may want to go somewhere where he can showcase his talents and see more of the ball. I think once Romeo declares Keion announces. Just my opinion.

Ah, another Justin Smith 

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

Agreed. I honestly believe he wants to see how the roster shakes out before committing. Say Romeo comes back...that would mean Keion would be taking a back seat in the offense and focus...that is not likely to happen but if it did I could understand that Keion may want to go somewhere where he can showcase his talents and see more of the ball. I think once Romeo declares Keion announces. Just my opinion.

Also, if Romeo stays, someone has to get Millered to open a spot for Brooks. Maybe Keon doesn't want to be "that guy" that makes that necessary. 

I agree to an extent. However, I’d say he’s more interested in possible transfers, not Romeo... because he may not like what he hears from the combine(probably not, but..) scouts and decides to return. 

About a year ago, there was some smoke where TJD and KBJ actually mentioned how they’d love to play with Romeo. I know that isn’t likely, but stranger things have happened. 

I agree to an extent. However, I’d say he’s more interested in possible transfers, not Romeo... because he may not like what he hears from the combine(probably not, but..) scouts and decides to return. 

About a year ago, there was some smoke where TJD and KBJ actually mentioned how they’d love to play with Romeo. I know that isn’t likely, but stranger things have happened. 

57 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I am really curious as to how Archie sells a kid on IU based on the results of this season.  Is he open and honest about what changes are going to take place to ensure this year was an anomoly?  

It's probably pretty easy. You show him highlights of all the open shots we get, and you show him the 34 minutes a game that need to be filled when Romeo leaves.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I am really curious as to how Archie sells a kid on IU based on the results of this season.  Is he open and honest about what changes are going to take place to ensure this year was an anomoly?  

We weren't really any better last season and he sold Romeo.  Hopefully the losses we're seeing stem mostly from a couple of bad apples and Archie is planning to deal with them as soon as the season ends.  

2 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Come on now. This is all we're going to get? 

3 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

Me too!! I can't stand the constant and frequent checking for good news!

3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

We're finally due for some good news?  I sure hope so.  We can't take anymore punishment.

I don’t think this means good news guys

I am still very confident but CAM being able to keep our current team together and functioning well is being discussed as a red flag. Make no mistake Ole Roy's and Tommy are really selling that story. Leaks about team fighting and dislike are being taken with serious thought. Not sure if any of that changes things but...

Archived