Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

At current writing, no reason to think this won’t have the same outcome as some have thought for a long, long time. 

Does the talk of CAM being on the hot seat by the fans come into play. The word I am hearing is they do not want to be part of a coaching change and really would hate to see Ed leave

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Does the talk of CAM being on the hot seat by the fans come into play. The word I am hearing is they do not want to be part of a coaching change and really would hate to see Ed leave

Im sure it does. Ive said before, hes committing to the coaches not the university.   Our record means nothing to these recruits,  if the coach will be there in two years absolutely does

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think he's only on the hot seat in the mind of a few fans. He has a 7 year contract. He's going to get at least 4-5 years in which time any sort of hot seat talk will be long gone. We have the right guy. 

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Hope I word thos well. The current committed and our targets do not have concern about our staff and their ability.  Their concern is with our fanbase causing enough of w stir to incite a potential change.

Don't want to be one that told you so but told you so about fans being a detriment.

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Don't want to be one that told you so but told you so about fans being a detriment.

Why because question things. No one is above criticism.  I call it how I see it. I feel CAM is the right guy but I am not gonna sugarcoat my thoughts to be sure we dont upset a recruit. At the end of the day the head coach is the catain of the ship. Our ship has hit an iceberg and regardless of whom is the fault he is in charge. I dont bad mouth him or his ability but I do the product the he puts on the floor. If that hurts recruiting then I am sorry that just means we were not where we thought we were. I am not going to say things are great and lie when its apparent they are not.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Why because question things. No one is above criticism.  I call it how I see it. I feel CAM is the right guy but I am not gonna sugarcoat my thoughts to be sure we dont upset a recruit. At the end of the day the head coach is the catain of the ship. Our ship has hit an iceberg and regardless of whom is the fault he is in charge. I dont bad mouth him or his ability but I do the product the he puts on the floor. If that hurts recruiting then I am sorry that just means we were not where we thought we were. I am not going to say things are great and lie when its apparent they are not.

The concern is how Indiana fans vent their frustration. Tweeting recruits/teenagers? Bad mouthing players on Facebook and Twitter, talking about pulling scholarships and kicking players off teams? Put yourself in the players shoes... 18 years old with grown men blowing up your timeline being critical of you. Any parent would have concern. 

I am not suggesting you do this Billingsley, but I have seen it from many outspoken members of our fan base. Being passionately frustrated by this teams lack of play is understandable. Tweeting recruits and players in the heat of the moment is absolutely NOT. 

Hope KBJ chooses the Hoosiers!

1 minute ago, DocHoosier said:

The concern is how Indiana fans vent their frustration. Tweeting recruits/teenagers? Bad mouthing players on Facebook and Twitter, talking about pulling scholarships and kicking players off teams? Put yourself in the players shoes... 18 years old with grown men blowing up your timeline being critical of you. Any parent would have concern. 

I am not suggesting you do this Billingsley, but I have seen it from many outspoken members of our fan base. Being passionately frustrated by this teams lack of play is understandable. Tweeting recruits and players in the heat of the moment is absolutely NOT. 

Very well said and this current stretch has definitely shown the negative side of our passion as a fan base. Players and coaches may deserve criticism but they do not deserve most of the things that do get thrown around.  I 100% support any athlete that decides to come play for the school that I love. I do not bash players personally or talk about transfer I feel that is crossing the line. As a team I will say we don't play hard or with heart etc..  I do agree with those that do the things you mentioned.  

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Record earnings in the dept. last year, maybe not so much.

There is much more to being an AD than earnings and coaching hires. Who knows how well the other things within the athletics department are being done and maybe that is why Glass could be on the hot seat. 

29 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Can’t question a coach in year 2.  It’s a big no no here.

24 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

Exactly

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

There is talk among the fans with no doubt and that is what I am referring to.  Go all the way back to our coaching search and read who was on my short list and we got him. Regardless of who the coach is or isn't I want to see us win games now. 

The biggest issue I see is there are to many IU “fans” that criticize CAM and call for a change that don’t understand basketball. The basketball IQ has drastically dropped in this fan base since RMK was fired. I personally think a lot of that has to do with all the out of state influence that has happened within IU in recent years so there are a lot of “fans” that think a coaching change needs to be done again when in reality that will just set the program back even farther than it already is.

25 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

I don’t think any of us here do that.  I agree it’s ridiculous to lash out at a teenager over a silly game.  I think most on here are respectful even when there are disagreements.

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Can’t question a coach in year 2.  It’s a big no no here.

It has nothing to do with questioning things or being upset how the team is playing.  it is the way some in the fan base make it personal towards the coach or players on all social media outlets.

Archived