Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

9 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

If we lose Brooks to UK Archie is done I promise you.  Book it.  It will just be a matter of time.  Thankfully so will Fred Glass.

I don’t believe so. Archie will get more time. I just don’t know if it’s going to matter in the end. Outcome might be the same.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

I don’t believe so. Archie will get more time. I just don’t know if it’s going to matter in the end. Outcome might be the same.

He's not being fired this year.  It is inevitable though barring a miracle.  He had top 25 talent this season and only needed to dance.  He blew it.

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

He's not being fired this year.  It is inevitable though barring a miracle.  He had top 25 talent this season and only needed to dance.  He blew it.

I still want to know what coachss meant with his tweet about the leadership at IU and how he is sad and pissed. It really makes me wonder what is going on. 

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

What is inevitable that he’s not gonna make it? My gosh I was one of the most cut throat anti Crean guys calling for his head for two straight years and never was thrilled with him initially and I still wasn’t all over him in year two. Lord

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Top 25 talent?  What world do you live in?  Most pundits had us picked in the bottom half of the BIG.  What just because we had Romeo?

18 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

If we lose Brooks to UK Archie is done I promise you.  Book it.  It will just be a matter of time.  Thankfully so will Fred Glass.

Correct, it is the beginning of the end.  Recruiting will become very difficult, ask Tom Crean and Mike Davis.

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Exactly.  That's why I have not given up on this one. Lots of emotions now. This week will be huge for CAM and ED to remind KBwhy we have been in the drivers seat for months

I have a feeling they’ll make hard decisions on cancers in the program and recruits will know about it and it’ll give them a chance to calm concerns. 

For the people that think recruiting is as simple as u win u get recruits u lose you don’t, you haven’t followed recruiting long.

its all about what you sell and how u sell it

41 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

Top 25 talent?  What world do you live in?  Most pundits had us picked in the bottom half of the BIG.  What just because we had Romeo?

By all means, please find me a pundit who picked Indiana for the bottom half of the Big Ten. The unofficial media poll, run by Brendan Quinn of The Athletic, had Indiana third. As did Alex Bozich at ITH and Drew Davis at 247. Myron Medcalf at ESPN had us fourth, so did Andy Katz at NCAA.com. Matt Norlander at CBS ranked all 355 Division I teams and placed Indiana 23rd, third among Big Ten teams. So who has us pegged for the bottom half of the conference?

If Keion is an alpha dog with a nasty streak as reported,  why wouldn't he relish the chance to play a huge role in a quick turnaround if we can get the culture right?  There will be some nice foundational pieces in place, and an injection of young intensity would be a great addition to some quieter experienced players. 

As far as UK, he better know who is going to be there, and what his role would be. With Romeo, you can see Archie will run plays for a true freshman. Even with top 10 kids, Cal has shown a willingness lately to allow kids to disappear during the season. Tyler Herro will be their vocal leader next year, along with PJ Washington if he returns instead of going to the D league. Their fans don't even know the names of half their players anymore,  and surely can't recall them even 2 or 3 years after their gone. To each their own though.

3 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

As much as I would like Brooks - it’s not going to make a difference in the long run...emotions are running high. This will open the door for a Harland Beverly or a couple really good grad transfers - just no Fitzners - please

We can try to deny it, but missing on Brooks would be a setback. 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

If Keion is an alpha dog with a nasty streak as reported,  why wouldn't he relish the chance to play a huge role in a quick turnaround if we can get the culture right?  There will be some nice foundational pieces in place, and an injection of young intensity would be a great addition to some quieter experienced players. 

As far as UK, he better know who is going to be there, and what his role would be. With Romeo, you can see Archie will run plays for a true freshman. Even with top 10 kids, Cal has shown a willingness lately to allow kids to disappear during the season. Tyler Herro will be their vocal leader next year, along with PJ Washington if he returns instead of going to the D league. Their fans don't even know the names of half their players anymore,  and surely can't recall them even 2 or 3 years after their gone. To each their own though.

This is why I think there’s still a chance. From all we’ve heard my gut says he’s scared into UK and away from IU. If his fears can be relieved he’ll be back to at least open to us.

6 hours ago, StLHoosier said:

I agree with you to a point, but there is this thing called work ethic.  The coaches can take you through drills and show you things all they want, but it’s up to the player to actually hone their craft.  This is especially true at the collegiate level, when there are restrictions on how much time the kids can practice with coaches.  With the way some of the kids display themselves on national television with their nonchalant attitude and laziness, you can’t tell me they’re in the gym putting up 500 shots a day or working on dribbling, etc.  Victor Oladipo made himself into a better/professional basketball player.  I believe CAM is going to turn things upside down and find the kids who will come in  and work their butts off.  TJD and AF have those types of attitudes from what I’ve seen/heard.  Anyone else he adds will have a similar attitude, I hope.

Exactly because the players have assess to Cook Hall 24/7 so if they want to get better they have to work on their own and not just during practice.

Archived