Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

Wow,things are falling apart as we speak....coachss Twitter points towards dumpter fire

He drops vague hints on twitter and then he’s been absent from here and peegs all day. I love the info he gets and shares but it would be nice if he could elaborate a little.

17 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

We can try to deny it, but missing on Brooks would be a setback. 

It depends of he is looking to be one and done and if that is what he is concentrating on then it won't be that big of a deal in the long run.  Seeing him last year I was not impressed with him at all but what I have seen this year he has really turned his game around.  I would love for him to come here but I think he sees UK getting him to the NBA in one year and that is probably what he is looking for.  For me I would rather see players come here who wants to be be here long term and I really don't car ef they are 5 star players.  I would rather see players develop over years and see your team improve over the years.  I think it would be more enjoyable if we built our team like UW or UVA knowing you will have quality players for  years.

Next years team will have 6+ new faces.   

If hunter were healthy, IU would be starting 3 freshman.   This is a program in transition.  Look at Beilein, Wright, Barnes, Pearl, and Bennett’s first few years.   It takes time.  Tough conference too.  

Archie has success because he built a program at Dayton - relied on upperclassmen.  

This teams upperclassmen bring little - Morgan is a shell of himself right now and fatigued in January.  Smith, Greene, And Durham are average.  Moore doesn’t even play.   

Archie willnget another good class. Get Hunter back.  He’s building a program and will do so for the long term. This sucks as a fan, but as evidenced elsewhere - it just takes time. 

CTC would consistently oversign and give 4 yr schollies to Gelon, Priller, and April. Then he had to run off Roth bc of schollie mismanagement.  Not to mention some very questionable (perhaps false) academic fraud on Patterson bc CTC oversigned.      No thanks.    

Give this time and see you at the top of the   Mountain. 

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

No it wasn't because it was two years removed and more than half did not ever play for RMK.  It is odd you blame all of this on Archie yet most of the players playing are Crean guys but it does not meet your agenda

Well actually Jager, Green, Davis, Morgan, McRoberts, and Taylor are the only guys on the team that ever played for Crean. 3 of which are walk-ons. Yes Durham, Moore, and Smith signed to play for Crean and it was rumored that CAM was forced to keep them but here is my thing with that. I'm sure CAM still had to convince them that they could work in his system. If he didn't want them he could have literally just told them that they would never have a primary role when explaining his system and there really isn't anything Glass could do about it if the players then wanted to decommit from IU. CAM still convinced them to stay and they did. So sorry but those are still kind of his guys.

Archived