Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, IUwins0708 said:

No way it’s the irrational fans that caused this. It’s more of the product on the floor and how Romeo is used.

Lol. How many days ago was it that he was "IU's" again? So the Minnesota game got him to flip? I'll trust the guys that said the Brooks family was getting tired of IU fans on social media.

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

We can try to deny it, but missing on Brooks would be a setback. 

It would be a MASSIVE setback. Everything up until this weekend indicated IU. Close to home, could play with his best friend Trayce, a father that was coached by a member of the staff, could be the hometown hero, etc. All we had to do was not give this kid every reason under the sun to consider other programs. Now, we're about to lose a kid we invested all our time in to a coach/school that had 7-8 other recruits they wanted over him and already have two kids in the recruiting class that play the same position as him. 

The sad thing is with all the talent around UK, this kid might honestly never see the floor and that to him was more enticing than going to IU.

If that isn't a gigantic setback to the reputation and abilities of this staff/program, I don't know what is.

4 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Lol. How many days ago was it that he was "IU's" again? So the Minnesota game got him to flip? I'll trust the guys that said the Brooks family was getting tired of IU fans on social media.

Can’t buy the fan angle if it’s UK because their fans were on social media telling him they didn’t want him

8 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

It would be a MASSIVE setback. Everything up until this weekend indicated IU. Close to home, could play with his best friend Trayce, a father that was coached by a member of the staff, could be the hometown hero, etc. All we had to do was not give this kid every reason under the sun to consider other programs. Now, we're about to lose a kid we invested all our time in to a coach/school that had 7-8 other recruits they wanted over him and already have two kids in the recruiting class that play the same position as him. 

The sad thing is with all the talent around UK, this kid might honestly never see the floor and that to him was more enticing than going to IU.

If that isn't a gigantic setback to the reputation and abilities of this staff/program, I don't know what is.

This.  100x this.  If something isn’t working, you change the approach.  It’s not just a basketball thing...it’s applicable to everything and to every field.  If you fail to change from what’s not working, then you lose clients/recruits.  The fact is that we have not changed gameplans on the offensive end despite our shooting woes is a direct indication on CAM and his ability to adapt.  Recruits see it, other coaches see it, and we should see it as well.  For as much as I think Dackich is a blowhard, he was right about Romeo and our offensive scheme during the Minn game.  It seems that the staff just doesn’t know how to free up a slasher or work a high/low 1-2 game.  Too much standing for an offense that looks to be 4 out, 1 in.

10 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

The borders are starting to crack open...maybe CAM needs to declare a state of emergency 

5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yep.  100%.  From the 1st visit they never wanted him.  Etc.  But they win and have a real coach.

Archie and Cal are very similar - they come from the same coaching tree - ARCHIE’s father, and CAL would be the first to tell you.

this is an example of a clueless spewing on the internet 

Just now, hoopsta007 said:

Can’t buy the fan angle if it’s UK because their fans were on social media telling him they didn’t want him

Me neither or the family needs to take sometime to think about other fanbases...

Last year a Kansas fan stalked Udoka Azubuike on campus to teach him how to improve his free throws. UK fans sent death threats to refs after they lost to UNC in the tourney. UCLA had people purchasing ads on those small planes that said "FIRE ALFORD" well before this seasons collapse.

Can also guarantee you that if UNC/MSU/UK were having even HALF the season we are, they would not hold back criticizing the players & staff

5 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Yes they are. Give it time. Emotions are running high - we don’t want to run off a coach that can actually coach. A lot of this play has to do with culture. Let him establish his culture 

Just because you come from the same coaching tree doesn't mean anything.

Go Hoosiers! We are more then one coach and one recruit! A bunch of you have been fans for A LONG TIME and there have been ups and downs but we still root for them and pull for them. Lose a few hairs in the process and a lot of beers thrown back but we bleed cream and crimson and all will be well. I think Archie is the right guy give it time but either way we will still root for a IU and the kids in the jersey’s no matter who they are!! GO HOOSIERS

15 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Have you heard any of the stuff that has gone on at IU in the last 24 hours. Is it anything that goes along with CoachSS's tweet earlier? 

No but what his tweet says has to be fairly accurate as far as the whole program being in shambles.  Didn’t need his tweet for that though, product on the floor is abysmal. 

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

No but what his tweet says has to be fairly accurate as far as the whole program being in shambles.  Didn’t need his tweet for that though, product on the floor is abysmal. 

True but it was the first time that someone had actually mentioned the IU leadership. I thought it was interesting that he was personally sad and pissed about the situation. He also said it was his final update so I felt like something crazy had to have happened. 

Archived