Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

10 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

@IU_Realist

I think you are very out of bounds.

If I am following, you are saying I talk about IU basketball because I like attention?  

You are also insinuating you know a lot about the people I speak with and the people I know. 

Is this fair of you to speak with such certainty about someone or something you don’t know? 

Oh I am Good on where I am coming from. 

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

@IU_Realist

I think you are very out of bounds.

If I am following, you are saying I talk about IU basketball because I like attention?  

You are also insinuating you know a lot about the people I speak with and the people I know. 

Is this fair of you to speak with such certainty about someone or something you don’t know? 

Coach I and many others love hearing your inside info that you pass on to us. I trust what you bring to this board if others have a problem with your posts they should not read them. As its been stated many times on this board these are young men trying to make a choice that will affect them for the rest of their lives. Recruiting can change in a moment.Thank you for what you are willing to share with us. Do not stop! 

Listen to RabJohn on the way home on 1260am and he said he has written for 4 months that it was never the heavy lean toward IU as some had said it was.  He said the last 4 months it has really been a 3 team battle between IU, UK and MSU so this weekend really did not change a thing because UK was always a huge threat to get Brooks.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Listen to RabJohn on the way home on 1260am and he said he has written for 4 months that it was never the heavy lean toward IU as some had said it was.  He said the last 4 months it has really been a 3 team battle between IU, UK and MSU so this weekend really did not change a thing because UK was always a huge threat to get Brooks.

Yep, it is always easier to say that it is too close to call.  That way you are never "wrong."  That guy followed Romeo around the country for 2 years and still never made a prediction.  

2 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Yep, it is always easier to say that it is too close to call.  That way you are never "wrong."  That guy followed Romeo around the country for 2 years and still never made a prediction.  

Yep. It's like a rival coming to the board the day before and saying this game makes me nervous. That way you can point to post if your team loses. 

3 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Other than Keldon Johnson this year, who is going to get paid in the NBA from UK?  Maybe Ashtan Hagans if he finishes strong and they make a big run. Otherwise,  who else? I think PJ Washington will turn pro based on pride, and the fact he can't really improve his current 2nd round status.  Nick Richards? Ah, no mon.  EJ Montgomery?  Welcome to Kazakhstan. 

I have to watch more UK basketball than any IU fan ever should because of my UK grad wife.  They've really turned around their season since Quade Green left. Reid Travis is the magic piece they were missing. Perfect person to match up defensively with Grant Williams. But this notion that Cal gets guys to the NBA that wouldn't be drafted from any major school is just not accurate.  Top 10 recruits (Keldon Johnson), sure. They get ranked and drafted based on NBA potential.  

After this year, Archie could tell a kid and his family, "I get 100% of 5 star recruits drafted in the lottery/top 10", depending on where Romeo is drafted.  Cal can't say that anymore. If I were a recruit, or had a son ranked outside of the top 10-15, no way I go to UK if I want to be OAD. If you take a year or 2 to develop, and have the usual growing pains,  you WILL be recruited over.  

Once coach K decided he wanted to jump back into the recruiting arms race, that was it for Cal and Kentucky's OAD model. 2nd place in that race is not where you want to be.  If not for a rare stud grad transfer, and a sophomore that begrudgingly returned due to draft status, they would be a NIT team again this year.

Sorry for the rant. Our struggles and UK's success makes for added frustration in what looked like a promising season at the start of the New Year. Add in the fact I'm from Fort Wayne,  and would really love to have Keion on the team. Who knows, maybe it all still comes together.

I have lived in Kentucky for the past 15 years unfortunately. I see every game...and Washington is a first rd pick along with Johnson. I will say I expect a lot of this team to come back as this was possibly the worst recruiting class Cal has had since he has been there do to some big misses that ended up at other schools like Zion. Whatever you say about Cal he has the street cred with these kids. Reality or not recruits believe Cal will help them get to where they want to go...and most importantly he has unlimited amount of alumni that together have contracts totaling lifetime totals of over a billion dollars. Using those guys and the enormous amount of connections he has established with nba scouts and coaching staffs he has a unique ability to give feed back and information to these kids to give them the best chance if they do the work to get to the nba. Not all succeed because well they didnt work for it...they thought it would happen automatically...Cal will tell you they will work harder and be pushed and stressed and play against the greatest in college on their own team every day in practice. Anyways it doesn’t matter if I think he is a used car salesman or you don’t believe it the kids do...and that is an overwhelming fact. Keion was likely sold that this weekend...look how far this team has come from day 1 to now. You and I know Keion will have the same opportunities at IU and have the chance to be a leader on our team it is now going to be uphill for Archie to win him back it seems.

Archived