Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

Someone should create a twitter account or handle under the name I Told You So. So we can check in with the parents and/or guardians after they steer a kid. Or better yet. Let's ask Charles Matthews why he ran from Lexington as quickly as he got there. Countless others as well. 

So many kids getting bad information. Look I think Keion is a very, very good talent....but if he thinks he's OAD? The main reason (besides pure talent) that  Romeo is NBA ready is his size/body. KB needs at least 2 years of college just to get his body ready. 

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not to beat a dead horse but UCLA beat writer the other day said Wilkes is projected in 2nd round only for this year's draft. Keep working on that brand KW. Food for thought Keion. 

Wilkes is a good example of what a load of BS recruiting is.  It isn't their fault, but kids and their families over analyze everything, and listen to what are in effect sales pitches.  The reality is much different.  All of these schools have great staffs and great facilities.  There are no bad opportunities, and you have no clue how things will end up anyway.  Did Wilkes see Alford getting fired?  Did Romeo see this season tanking?  Calipari could easily go to the NBA.  Coach K could suddenly retire.  Just go where you want to go man.  The player, and their work ethic, is going to dictate 95% of the outcome anyway.

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I'm not going to pretend I didn't want him.  I did, big time.  But, he's one player.  Let's hope we can get going on some other kids, including the McNeil kid from Dayton juco.

Looked at McNeil film and it looked good but all highlight reels look good. His shooting stats is impressive no matter what level you are playing and that is what we need,

Just sucks because I think we were truly in the lead before the debacle. I’m not sure he would have ever visited UK. I never thought it was a done deal , but reading that he was day in and day out, makes this sting 100 times worse for me. The chemistry between TJD, Franklin, and himself would have been special. 

1 minute ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Wilkes is a good example of what a load of BS recruiting is.  It isn't their fault, but kids and their families over analyze everything, and listen to what are in effect sales pitches.  The reality is much different.  All of these schools have great staffs and great facilities.  There are no bad opportunities, and you have no clue how things will end up anyway.  Did Wilkes see Alford getting fired?  Did Romeo see this season tanking?  Calipari could easily go to the NBA.  Coach K could suddenly retire.  Just go where you want to go man.  The player, and their work ethic, is going to dictate 95% of the outcome anyway.

I actually almost feel sorry for some of these recruits because form the time they started dribbling the ball they are being pulled all sorts of directions.  They have shoe companies and family and hanger ons telling them what they should and where to go so they don't seem to have much of a say any longer.  It just seems like these guys never have a chance to be just a kid and play because they love it instead of people seeing them as a meal ticket.  Of he goes to UK I hope it is because that is where he truly wants to go and not because ti is his ticket to the nBA.

3 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

The only thing I'll take issue with is the last sentence and I only take issue with it partly. Victor and OG are 2 of the hardest working guys we've had....but the platform of IU got them noticed. Not just the hard work. Oladipo doesn't get picked #2 in draft if he's doing his thing at Northern Upper Baltimore and OG doesn't get taken in first round of NBA coming off of ACL injury at Lake of the Ozarks U. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

The only thing I'll take issue with is the last sentence and I only take issue with it partly. Victor and OG are 2 of the hardest working guys we've had....but the platform of IU got them noticed. Not just the hard work. Oladipo doesn't get picked #2 in draft if he's doing his thing at Northern Upper Baltimore and OG doesn't get taken in first round of NBA coming off of ACL injury at Lake of the Ozarks U. 

I don't know because one of the top 5 draft prospects this year plays at Murray St.

Since this appears to be all but over,......Maybe tonight we finally play out of our minds because of DRASTIC CHANGES made by Archie and beat Purdue handily. I know it's a pipe dream, but unless Archie has officially been told it's over, he still has a chance to sell that "USED CAR"!....

Oh... IF, and I mean IF, we beat Purdue, maybe IU's USED CAR comparison can be upgraded and could appear more like a one owner, low miles. If we go the other way, lose and get hammered.....This USED CAR analogy will be extremely downgraded to high miles, several accident reports, totaled with a salvage title. Unfortunately I feel Keion is looking at us as the later version. He sees UK as a NEW CAR......UUUGGGHHH! 

13 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I'm not going to pretend I didn't want him.  I did, big time.  But, he's one player.  Let's hope we can get going on some other kids, including the McNeil kid from Dayton juco.

We just need players like the ones from IOWA, NEBRASKA, NORTHWESTERN, RUTGERS and more......You remember, They all helped beat the $#/T of us in BIG TEN play.The kind of low profile guys we never hear about, that will run through a brick wall for a coach and his team. 

1 minute ago, CoachSS said:

Interested to see what happens down the stretch.

I know I've thought it was ending in December. But, the tweet from the father and some of the things privately that have been discussed really make me think this is getting to be the end. 

Curious to hear more what the coaching staffs say and do. And ultimately what wins out in the end. 

Go Hoosiers. 

I know you’ve pretty much called it for UK but is there ANY chance he still comes IU?

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't know because one of the top 5 draft prospects this year plays at Murray St.

Yep. Knew that one be said. Should have qualified it. Would you say that is less or more likely you'll have a better chance to be discovered at Murray St or Duke, Carolina, Kentucky,etc....

4 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

I know I've thought it was ending in December. But, the tweet from the father and some of the things privately that have been discussed really make me think this is getting to be the end. 

Curious to hear more what the coaching staffs say and do. And ultimately what wins out in the end. 

Go Hoosiers. 

Keep us posted please....especially if you think there's any chance at all. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Go Hoosiers. 

You can't here publicly what they think about Brooks since he is not committed

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Knew that one be said. Should have qualified it. Would you say that is less or more likely you'll have a better chance to be discovered at Murray St or Duke, Carolina, Kentucky,etc....

If you can play they will find you any where, Rodman, Pippen, Oakley

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If you can play they will find you any where, Rodman, Pippen, Oakley

2018 Top 10. Duke, Arizona, Kentucky, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Michigan St, Nova, and Overseas. I'll get back to KB talk....no need to discuss less than 1% of 1% of players drafted over the last 30 years. 

I dont know if it's people not wanting to give in or they really know something that the so called experts dont but the people I trust are still pretty confident.   At the end it will be Keion that has he final say. According to this guy Sr. Will let Jr decide. Hearing ED is working hard on Dad and reminding them why they all liked IU to begin with. I will let all know if I hear something different but group has not changed their tune at this time 

Archived