Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I can remember us getting spurned a couple of instances when many thought that Theo Pinson and Kyrie Irving were expected to pick IU and they went on to select other schools. At this point I’m not expecting it, but how cool would it be for him to spurn UK and their fans! 😏

Remember those well but on the other hand we had Robert Johnson picked us when the experts were picking UNC.

No idea who Brooks is going to pick, and this isn't a sour grapes type of thing, as I really hope he picks IU, but with that said if Brooks is focused on 1 and done then IU could potentially be better off with the McNeil JUCO kid (who is nowhere near any type of lock, as he has a ton of schools after him). I've admittedly only seen a couple minute highlight clip of McNeil, but if that is close to what a school can expect from that kid, then he seems like the type of kid that can step in a fill an immediate role right off the bat, plus he'd have 3 years of eligibility. 

The grand slam would be landing both. 

49 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I dont know if it's people not wanting to give in or they really know something that the so called experts dont but the people I trust are still pretty confident.   At the end it will be Keion that has he final say. According to this guy Sr. Will let Jr decide. Hearing ED is working hard on Dad and reminding them why they all liked IU to begin with. I will let all know if I hear something different but group has not changed their tune at this time 

You'd have to think Ed would play a huge role with senior. From reading an old article in the News Sentinel,  the Brooks were clueless to the recruiting process,  as most parents would be. Having YOUR former coach there would have to give quite a bit of comfort that you are getting the truth. He also knows how his son will be developed and treated. Pretty amazing situation for the Brooks family actually. 

14 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

You'd have to think Ed would play a huge role with senior. From reading an old article in the News Sentinel,  the Brooks were clueless to the recruiting process,  as most parents would be. Having YOUR former coach there would have to give quite a bit of comfort that you are getting the truth. He also knows how his son will be developed and treated. Pretty amazing situation for the Brooks family actually. 

Plus a pretty good history of player development 

5 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

I must have missed something, when did you call Brooks to UK...I've been under the impression that you thought he was close to committing to IU on a few occasions  

He tweeted that things aren't looking good now recently.  Someone may have posted it on here earlier.

Archived