Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Indykev said:

What position does this kid play, no time to look. How many will UK take if this kid re-classes

This is what drives me crazy. Keion Sr has to know his kid won't get 20 minutes max per game. Cal is hosting 2 big time (top 5-10 range) guys for Auburn game. Even if he has questions about Archie there's absolutely no way Cal is going to play him more. 

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

This is nothing other than me reading quotes and thinking out loud basically.  Don’t get you hopes up too much. 😃

Recruits have to see:

-There is talent returning on this team.

-A Sophomore Rob P could be huge

-There are unknowns in Race, Anderson, Hunter, Jake......all could have leaps over the summer.

-Not going to underestimate a Sophomore Rob P.

-Kids already coming in +

14 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

This is what drives me crazy. Keion Sr has to know his kid won't get 20 minutes max per game. Cal is hosting 2 big time (top 5-10 range) guys for Auburn game. Even if he has questions about Archie there's absolutely no way Cal is going to play him more. 

I agree.  In this case if KBJ is really hoping to be a one and done, or at least getting to the NBA ASAP, going to a loaded and still shopping team is counter to those goals unless he or his father are confident he's going to vault past the other recruits and returning players on the depth chart (big gamble).

15 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

37 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I agree.  In this case if KBJ is really hoping to be a one and done, or at least getting to the NBA ASAP, going to a loaded and still shopping team is counter to those goals unless he or his father are confident he's going to vault past the other recruits and returning players on the depth chart (big gamble).

Just to play devil's advocate, KBJ seems like the type of kid who would bet on himself to outplay the other kids, regardless of where he goes.  The UK recruits may be ranked in the 5-15 range, but he's not too far behind.  The kid is a gamer, and there's nobody better to gamble on than yourself.  He has the confidence to go in there and earn more minutes than the kids who were ranked higher than him.  This is one of the reason's that I want him at IU so much.  He plays with a fire and confidence that is sorely lacking on this current team. 

Archived