Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

18 minutes ago, hoosierBGH said:

I think you can scratch number three off the list, we're not going to get every recruit that we want. I think we are going to have a chance in most recruiting battles and are going to win a lot of them. 

I also think there is a strong possibility that we land Romeo and Garland, especially now that Jerry Meyer has reluctantly changed his CB predictions to IU for both. 

That was a slight exaguration on my part for 3 but aren’t we batting a 1.000?! 3/3 with creans kids plus Race, Rob, Jerome, jake, damezi makes it 8/8! And adding two 5 stars as a sweetener with Romeo + Garland to go 10/10 is  crazy talk...yet here we are. Add in Trace too?  Brooks as well? Surely I’ve a right to be skeptical here!

I posted that before Meyers switch btw and I’ve done a complete 180 since. Wayyy to much smoke at this point. With Vandy (apparently) dropping out I’ll be flabbergasted if we don’t land Garland. I just can’t see Romeo turning down IU either...again I’d be flabbergasted. I’m not saying he’s obligated to come here but in a way I kind of am. With the focal point being on Indiana kids, landing them, Archie’s rep as a quality coach, the assistants....and you’re the crown jewel of it all while being one of the best that the state has ever seen...that’s a lot of people to let down if you don’t stay home.

(btw I know that we didn’t literally land every target. but the ones we pressed we landed)

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think 

53 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

That was a slight exaguration on my part for 3 but aren’t we batting a 1.000?! 3/3 with creans kids plus Race, Rob, Jerome, jake, damezi makes it 8/8! And adding two 5 stars as a sweetener with Romeo + Garland to go 10/10 is  crazy talk...yet here we are. Add in Trace too?  Brooks as well? Surely I’ve a right to be skeptical here!

I posted that before Meyers switch btw and I’ve done a complete 180 since. Wayyy to much smoke at this point. With Vandy (apparently) dropping out I’ll be flabbergasted if we don’t land Garland. I just can’t see Romeo turning down IU either...again I’d be flabbergasted. I’m not saying he’s obligated to come here but in a way I kind of am. With the focal point being on Indiana kids, landing them, Archie’s rep as a quality coach, the assistants....and you’re the crown jewel of it all while being one of the best that the state has ever seen...that’s a lot of people to let down if you don’t stay home.

(btw I know that we didn’t literally land every target. but the ones we pressed we landed)

I don't think Vandy is dropping out but I like our chances.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

1st game Brooks scored 28 points, had 16 rebounds and four blocks as the Legends beat Indianapolis Tech 73-69. 

2nd game 21 points, 13 rebounds as North Side beat Blackhawk Christian 67-41.

As a Fort Wayne native, I gotta say that the “Legends” is such a lame new team name for North Side.

17 minutes ago, Sagamore said:

Gotta agree with you on the lame name.  A more appropriate name is maybe North Side River Otters since the school is on a river.

The name sounds more like an AAU team or an over-the-hill all star team name. Also a bit lofty for a bunch of high school kids. Even if the basketball team was legendary (which I have no idea of their history), all the teams in that school have to carry the "Legends" badge into every contest. Some of those teams my be legendarily bad.

2 hours ago, INDenizen said:

The name sounds more like an AAU team or an over-the-hill all star team name. Also a bit lofty for a bunch of high school kids. Even if the basketball team was legendary (which I have no idea of their history), all the teams in that school have to carry the "Legends" badge into every contest. Some of those teams my be legendarily bad.

The PC police determined that "Redskins" their nickname of almost 90 years, was no longer appropriate.

The school put it up to a vote by the students, and "Legends" won. 

I agree...horrible nickname.

This talk about FW North Side got me thinking back to 1985.  I wonder what the legendary coach By Hey would say about the nickname change.  I didn't know it back then, but I was playing for one HoF coach and playing against another.  They will still be the Redskins to me, PC police be damned.

1 hour ago, rico said:

This talk about FW North Side got me thinking back to 1985.  I wonder what the legendary coach By Hey would say about the nickname change.  I didn't know it back then, but I was playing for one HoF coach and playing against another.  They will still be the Redskins to me, PC police be damned.

Rico where did you go to school?

Ok, I actually went there and don't mind it. It's also a reference to our yearbook, which was called the Legend. I was hoping for River Rats, because that was our other "nickname" not River Otters. But the students actually choose the new name. It is what is. Some take this stuff a little too seriously. 

6 hours ago, rico said:

By Hey was a great guy and a great coach!  I wanted to vomit when I heard what the Pusilanimous PC Police had done to North Side.  I haven't gone to any games since the name change.  Cannot support what they did.  I will never call them anything but the North Side Redskins.  

2 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

By Hey was a great guy and a great coach!  I wanted to vomit when I heard what the Pusilanimous PC Police had done to North Side.  I haven't gone to any games since the name change.  Cannot support what they did.  I will never call them anything but the North Side Redskins.  

By was a legend.......that is why we scheduled North Side.  My coach had the utmost respect for him and loved playing against him.  As did I.  Always loved going to that "Hockey Rink" of a gym you guys had over there.  Just a shame to take away their nickname.  When I heard the name "Redskins" as a young boy.....Washington didn't come to mind.  It was Fort Wayne North Side.  

7 hours ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

The PC police determined that "Redskins" their nickname of almost 90 years, was no longer appropriate.

The school put it up to a vote by the students, and "Legends" won. 

I agree...horrible nickname.

Thanks for the history lesson. Much appreciated. I didn't realize it was one of the PC name changes. Oh well, Legends it is. At least it is something original. I roll my eyes when a school picks something that is trite or way-overused. When I went through high school we had a consolidation of 3 schools and the students got to vote on the new nickname as well. 

2 hours ago, FWIUFan said:

So you aren't going to games because they changed their nickname? You're missing out. Last year would of been fun. And they should be really good again this year. I miss the old gym more than anything. It was nicknamed the "Snakepit" by Red Auerbach when the Fort Wayne Pistons played there. Anyway, it would be great to have a "Redskin" on the Hoosiers. Eshaunte "Bear" Jones was the last to orally commit to IU from North Side in 2007. He ended up going to Oregon St., then Nebraska etc. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived