Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KY, UNC, MS, soon to be Duke...  I know many here have love for the Watfords & rightfully so but IF CAM really wants to slam the door on TOP Indiana talent leaving the state for BigTime programs this is a CANT miss opportunity!  Even if little Wat is slightly better (judgement call) you still prefer “BornHoosiers” to solidify the Borders are now closed mentality! SHOUT it out NOW that KY, NC, MS, DUKE are NO longer Welcome in this State!!!  I don’t want to see another 5 star Homegrown talent land in the hands of these 5 star hungry Wh*^%#, excuse my typo!  GET the...  OUT!

25 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

KY, UNC, MS, soon to be Duke...  I know many here have love for the Watfords & rightfully so but IF CAM really wants to slam the door on TOP Indiana talent leaving the state for BigTime programs this is a CANT miss opportunity!  Even if little Wat is slightly better (judgement call) you still prefer “BornHoosiers” to solidify the Borders are now closed mentality! SHOUT it out NOW that KY, NC, MS, DUKE are NO longer Welcome in this State!!!  I don’t want to see another 5 star Homegrown talent land in the hands of these 5 star hungry Wh*^%#, excuse my typo!  GET the...  OUT!

I welcome all of those programs in the state.  It will be nice to see IU beat top programs off the court as well.

Not seeing those programs in the State is the tell/tell sign the Borders are truely closed!  We won the battle against KS & Vandy but Coach K, Coach Izzo, Coach Cal & Coach Williams is like a Balogna sandwich vs a double angus cheddar bacon bbq burger off a charcoal grille.   A whole nother level!

Of course I love the whole inside out approach, keep in state kids etc. I have a bad feeling about this kid idk if it was the spat he had with his coach or what. Doesn’t feel right. He is getting a of attention though lately... maybe Archie told him we’re out?

C6CAED7D-C284-49E6-87AD-2278AE3FF1C2.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Max said:

Of course I love the whole inside out approach, keep in state kids etc. I have a bad feeling about this kid idk if it was the spat he had with his coach or what. Doesn’t feel right. He is getting a of attention though lately... maybe Archie told him we’re out?

C6CAED7D-C284-49E6-87AD-2278AE3FF1C2.jpeg

As someone said during the Romeo recruitment, "R-E-L-A-X". You can go through Keion's twitter feed and see him RT/like messages from IU, Mich St, and other fan bases. If you were in his shoes, I'm sure regardless of what team it is, you would show appreciation for those who show love for you. If it helps you calm your nerves about UK, they already have a top 30 small forward for 2019 (DJ Jefferies). I also just saw a tweet where Keion said, "I'm not a power forward". So unless Keion wants to be constantly competing with someone in his own recruiting class for a starting SF role, I doubt he goes to UK. 

In regards to his coach, Keion just said in his most recent interview that he is staying at North Side (something I'm pretty sure people mentioned Izzo didn't want him to do). That sounds positive for IU that Keion wants to stay home.

Be patient. Keion is having a breakout summer and catching the eyes of a lot of good programs. Even though he's getting all these offers, we and Mich St have been recruiting his the hardest. We also know that Archie is going to stick to recruiting the state first. We are in a very good position with him.

10 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

Just because they're ranked as a 5*, doesn't mean that I automatically want them.  I want the kids who are right fits for our program and style of play, regardless if they're from Indiana or not.  I want kids who are going to be good teammates, work hard and be accountable on and off the court.  If they have the high ranking to go along with that, then great, but the number of stars next to their name isn't the main determining factor for me.  I trust in CAM to identify the right type of kids and coach them up, regardless of how highly ranked they are.

11 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

BornHoosier you sound a bit like Hoosiertildeath. Alpha and Omega names as well. :cheers:

While being from Indiana should give us a recruiting advantage......it doesnt exactly make you an Indiana kid. CWat was an Indiana kid, Vic was an Indiana kid, Morgan is an Indiana kid. Tre Lyles was not an Indiana kid. If a kid has all of the talent in the world and is a self centered d-bag, I wouldnt want him on my team no matter where he's from. Now none of that is aimed at KBJ because I know VERY little about him.  But, if Watford is a better fit for us and he wants to play for IU, then I don't see how not getting KBJ hurts us that much in the future. 

3 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

While being from Indiana should give us a recruiting advantage......it doesnt exactly make you an Indiana kid. CWat was an kid, Vic was an Indiana kid, Morgan is an Indiana kid. Tre Lyles was not an Indiana kid. If a kid has all of the talent in the world and is a self centered d-bag, I wouldnt want him on my team no matter where he's from. Now none of that is aimed at KBJ because I know VERY little about him.  But, if Watford is a better fit for us and he wants to play for IU, then I don't see how not getting KBJ hurts us that much in the future. 

Very well said and I completely agree.  Gets me to thinking about Jim Thomas(Fla) and Joe Hillman(CA).  They weren't from this state, but they should have been!!!!!

Archived