Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

I believe this includes the same video that A-hohl posted above...

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/video-indiana-competing-with-the-best-for-keion-brooks-jr/

There is a lot of competition for Brooks, but I feel like we are in good shape for several reasons.

- He has said that he places importance on playing in-state

- He has said that he would like to play with TJD

- The family is close with Ed Schilling

- He is going back to Hoosier Hysteria.  He went there last year and the family had high praise.

I'm still saying IU lean here but it won't be easy.  The one thing that gives me pause is that I don't think he would go to IU if Trendon committed first.  Those are some serious first world problems to have.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UK definitely doesn't lead for Brooks.  If anyone does it would be IU.  But not sure there is a leader here.  I do think if/when we land TJD it helps.  In the end I think we end up with Watford, Brooks and TJD honestly.  Add a point guard and I would guess that is our class.

1 hour ago, bryan200088 said:

UK definitely doesn't lead for Brooks.  If anyone does it would be IU.  But not sure there is a leader here.  I do think if/when we land TJD it helps.  In the end I think we end up with Watford, Brooks and TJD honestly.  Add a point guard and I would guess that is our class.

3 five stars in one class. Ahh just Archie doing Archie things right? Funny how he has changed IU basketball in such short of time. 

3 hours ago, A-hOhL said:

It sounds like Kentucky may be a front runner with this kid, but who knows.  

May 12th Interview

BUT, I also think this upcoming Hoosier Hysteria (mentioned above as a potential official visit date) will be one of the top 5 HHs in IUBB history regarding excitement, attendance, and overall hype.  It may be just enough to seal the deal. 

UK is filling up 3 5 stars already with 2 or 3 more ready  to pull the trigger.

1 hour ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

D46F1ED3-169C-499B-A9C1-365E62EB2AD9.jpeg

I am trying to figure  out if this is off topic or not. With all the recent discussion as to admins taking threads off topic, or not.    Regardless.... I find it funny. LOL   Thanks Paulie.

21 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Yes he’s pigeon toed, but he’s far from slow.  He has quick feet and hands.  He’s a freak athlete as well. 

Saw a tape over the weekend where it looked like his head was looking down at the rim before he dunked. Not to get off topic but I see Keion being a version of bigger/stronger good Troy when he hits the campus. Freak athlete and from what I've watched....not a bad shot either. I'll take 5 of him please and one Jordy Hulls to keep everyone happy. 

15 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Saw a tape over the weekend where it looked like his head was looking down at the rim before he dunked. Not to get off topic but I see Keion being a version of bigger/stronger good Troy when he hits the campus. Freak athlete and from what I've watched....not a bad shot either. I'll take 5 of him please and one Jordy Hulls to keep everyone happy. 

And 1 McBob and 2 Colin Hartman :)  Sorry i couldn't help it.  But honestly, i would like a McBob every year

Tape reveals a dominant playmaker regardless if two toes, this piggy went to the market or no toes.  The borders are not closed if KBJ leaves the State as he is a freak talent!  Pts per GM is not the only way to be dominant & in CAM system, we need a KBJ type havoc wreaking, rebound warrior, paint dominant “IN HOUSE” Player!

He's now ranked as a top ten player on Rivals.  UNC is trying to get in there.  The state of Indiana never ceases to amaze in how many stud players we develop.  We aren't California or Texas or Illinois in size, yet look every year what we produce.  

How awesome would it be to see a team with all these in-state guys running out on the floor in candy stripes?

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

He's now ranked as a top ten player on Rivals.  UNC is trying to get in there.  The state of Indiana never ceases to amaze in how many stud players we develop.  We aren't California or Texas or Illinois in size, yet look every year what we produce.  

How awesome would it be to see a team with all these in-state guys running out on the floor in candy stripes?

Yeah but Kentucky produces...

oh never mind 

In my opinion, Brooks is the highest priority in this class. He does everything really well and I love his motor. 

I want TJD and Watford as well, but Brooks over Watford for me. I think that it’s imperative to keep the Indiana kids home. 

33 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

In my opinion, Brooks is the highest priority in this class. He does everything really well and I love his motor. 

I want TJD and Watford as well, but Brooks over Watford for me. I think that it’s imperative to keep the Indiana kids home. 

TJD is the must get IMO.  We are set at Brooks position with Smith and Hunter already.  I also think TJD is a 2 year guy.  Brooks could be one and done. 

4 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

TJD is the must get IMO.  We are set at Brooks position with Smith and Hunter already.  I also think TJD is a 2 year guy.  Brooks could be one and done. 

Fair enough, but I see Smith having a big year this year and being put on some draft boards. I know that we won’t know for sure until the season unfolds, but just my two cents.

2 hours ago, Danomatic said:

I agree 100 percent. I think kion is the best player out of Those 3 and he is from Indiana plus the northern part to. Need to keep establishing ourselves up there.  

2 hours ago, Danomatic said:

My top 3 recruits in order for 2019

TJD

Brooks

Carton

Archived