Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

5 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

+ 1 for me. I’d happily swap out Carton for Kira but that’s about right.

Agree.

I am liking how recruiting is playing out.  Seems like there is only plan A.  As in when plan A falls through, there is little to no falloff enacting the "backup" plan.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

Agree.

I am liking how recruiting is playing out.  Seems like there is only plan A.  As in when plan A falls through, there is little to no falloff enacting the "backup" plan.

Amen brother. It’s extremely refreshing. We haven’t hit a single snag in two off seasons and they’ll inevitable come but if we can pull 19 off clean then lookout...

2 hours ago, 5 championships said:

I agree 100 percent. I think kion is the best player out of Those 3 and he is from Indiana plus the northern part to. Need to keep establishing ourselves up there.  

Nobody establishes any thing in my neck of the woods.  

On 5/19/2018 at 1:38 PM, dbmhoosier said:

TJD is the must get IMO.  We are set at Brooks position with Smith and Hunter already.  I also think TJD is a 2 year guy.  Brooks could be one and done. 

Landing Brooks is about keeping a 5 star player in state and telling KY, NC, MS, Duke, KS or any other high profile school the borders are officially closed.  The vision this IU Staff is seeking will turn cloudy if they let Brooks get away.  It’s ok to chase outside talent as a backup plan but make these in state kids priority #1.

I wouldn’t go that far.  Archie’s doing everything he can, and well.  In the end, this is not the Kremlin or Beijing. We can’t make Keion do anything.  Love the kid, and hope we get him.

Beyond that, as someone who is old enough to recognize IU has recruited with anyone for the first twenty years I was a fan, we take a backseat to nobody of the basketball is set up right.  Our fan base is psycho (endearingly).  Lawrence, Chapel Hill, no inferiority complex.  We have anything we need to get what we need for Glass’ vision of competing for championships.  

What we can do is make the kid feel like priority # 1, which I hope is happening and I’m not just talking about the Staff but HN too.  I know most of you think it does not matter how many pages a recruit gets via a message board but you can’t tell me RL didn’t feel the love w/ his mega thread here at HSN 3.0!  If we want Brooks, do our part & let him know!!!!  TJD/Brooks needs to be TOP priority.

His recruitment to this date has me mystified.  I can’t put my finger on why HN & this Staff hasn’t recognized KBJ as THE most important piece for 2019.  Offers from NC, MS, KY and KS vs AL for one and a handful of big ten teams for the other.  Maybe CAM realizes KBJ will be a tough get and is not putting all eggs in his basket but I feel we can’t afford not to.  

15 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

His recruitment to this date has me mystified.  I can’t put my finger on why HN & this Staff hasn’t recognized KBJ as THE most important piece for 2019.  Offers from NC, MS, KY and KS vs AL for one and a handful of big ten teams for the other.  Maybe CAM realizes KBJ will be a tough get and is not putting all eggs in his basket but I feel we can’t afford not to.  

Is the implication here that you don’t think we are recruiting him hard enough? 

29 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Do you know something we dont know about how the staff is recruiting him?

35 minutes ago, BornHoosier said:

Weren’t you the one saying we should be pursuing TJD as priority 1?

54 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Is the implication here that you don’t think we are recruiting him hard enough? 

YES, it is my opinion that we’re doing our due diligence but not going above and beyond.  From what I researched and read, I feel the order of importance for this staff is TJD, TW and KBJ and can’t help but express what a mistake this would be.  KBJ should be #1 followed by TJD and after that don’t care.  Look back at the history of this states talent and imagine if we kept our own?

49 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Weren’t you the one saying we should be pursuing TJD as priority 1?

You are correct, living in Northern IN I lean on many of your thoughts, opinions and insight on the Southern instate kids abilities.  I still think TJD is a must get but smart enough to see who is coming for KBJ to realize he may be the crown jewel of this class.  If 18 yr olds can shake up their recruitment, why can’t us Born Hoosiers do the same!

43 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

More than fine with me! I need entertainment between sets! Especially on leg days 😒

51 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

I think he wants us to give recruits 300 page mega-threads for each recruit he wants.

KBJ - 17

TJD - 23

TW - 17

283/277 pages until commitments, better get going HSN 3.0!

On 5/19/2018 at 5:53 PM, rico said:

Nobody establishes any thing in my neck of the woods.  

Little worried about Damezi from my woods.  Some say he played with selfish players that didnt help his #’s but at some point you got to take over if your a high profile recruit and he never did.  Semi’s scored like 6 pts but for an IU commit that raises eyebrows with the talent we’re bringing in.

Trust the process, until we have reason to believe Archie doesn't know what he's doing. We're pushing for Keion and will land him if IU is where he wants to be. Recruiting more than one talented player is not a bad thing, it's just reality 

Plus my post just pushed us to the 18th page, meaning our odds of landing Keion just bumped up. You're welcome 😏

8 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

YES, it is my opinion that we’re doing our due diligence but not going above and beyond.  From what I researched and read, I feel the order of importance for this staff is TJD, TW and KBJ and can’t help but express what a mistake this would be.  KBJ should be #1 followed by TJD and after that don’t care.  Look back at the history of this states talent and imagine if we kept our own?

How do you know how hard the coaching staff is recruiting any player.  Unless you are on the coaching staff or a member of the Brooks family you have no idea how hard we are going after him.

55 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I will agree that I think Brooks is the crown jewel of this class. He may not have had the storied career of Romeo, but I believe he could very well end up that type of talent. 

Agree all day. If we went back and looked during the season at some comments on here (after his dust up with his head coach who is now gone) I think many have changed their tune. Few of us have been high on Keion since the beginning. 

With that said. Brooks, TJD, Watford or whoever all have the chance the be first. One of them will be the leaders of the pack. 

Archived