Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Cool. Thanks any ideas on timeframe of out of state recruit?

I am not so sure it is an out of state recruit in question.  We are in vere very good shape with 5 or 6 guys. None of them want to be odd man out. 1 spot is all but filled.  The second i believe is almost as close a sure thing. That leaves 1 spot in the fall for 3 or 4 guys that might really want tobe here.

I think a couple schools are going to win our consolation prizes. 

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am not so sure it is an out of state recruit in question.  We are in vere very good shape with 5 or 6 guys. None of them want to be odd man out. 1 spot is all but filled.  The second i believe is almost as close a sure thing. That leaves 1 spot in the fall for 3 or 4 guys that might really want tobe here.

I think a couple schools are going to win our consolation prizes. 

This is going to sound pretty arrogant. What a refreshing approach where we (seemingly) get to pick who/how/why we fill out our class.

Regarding last sentence...I'm sure there will be a couple of schools who might get a verbal in the very near future who think they've out recruited IU and our staff...only to realize later on we couldn't take everyone. Great time indeed to be a Hoosier! 

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This is going to sound pretty arrogant. What a refreshing approach where we (seemingly) get to pick who/how/why we fill out our class.

Regarding last sentence...I'm sure there will be a couple of schools who might get a verbal in the very near future who think they've out recruited IU and our staff...only to realize later on we couldn't take everyone. Great time indeed to be a Hoosier! 

Exactly!! If a certain couple of in state guards knew they could play right away. They would already be on board. CAM will get the guys out of rhe region if that is who he wants. 

There are some combo/shooting guards that for some reason are not so sure Romeo is a one and done. Talent wise no doubt. 😁

No only are the borders closing high profile people are taking notice of what is happening in Bloomington

With IU's tradition, abundant resources and organizational support, and incredible fanbase, I always believed it would only take one good coach to turn things around in hurry. We finally have one after 17 years of misery and agony. Well, gotta say we had some great moments here and there, but those were too few and far between.

Go Hoosiers!!

I'm a little confused as to where Keion will fit in here. He obviously wants to play more on the perimeter but that does not (yet) to seem to match his skill set. Depending on who will be here and how guys develop could influence where playing time is available. I hope players are content to be eased in to the lineup, earn their minutes and be patient enough to wait for their opportunities. I'm confident Archie has it handles, these are just new issues for us fans to get used to.

49 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He wouldn't influence Brooks decision since they don't play the same position.

It could be that any commitment, regardless of position, could influence Brooks' (or any other recruits) decision.  Maybe they don't want to get left out, because there are only a limited number of spots available.

52 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He wouldn't influence Brooks decision since they don't play the same position.

has nothing to do with position. KB does not want to be #4. He wants a spot locked up. To be #4 a few things have to happen. Only 1 of the recruits will have a spot saved for him because he is a lock!!! 

5 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

I'm confused, why are we so sure somebody is going to commit soon?

Certain things are falling into place and certain players want to be sure they have a spot. I don't think anyone is saying a particular recruit is going to announce soon but all the indicators are pointing in that direction.

Archived