Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I think they are guessing more with Keion than they do typically.

I agree. I think he is a bit of a puzzle because I think he would like to come to IU but he may see more playing time right away at MSU and UNC and freedom at UK. I’d say we are still in the lead but it’s more like 40-IU and 20-20-20 between MSU, UK, and UNC.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I agree. I think he is a bit of a puzzle because I think he would like to come to IU but he may see more playing time right away at MSU and UNC and freedom at UK. I’d say we are still in the lead but it’s more like 40-IU and 20-20-20 between MSU, UK, and UNC.

I’m still not buying the playing time thing. If he’s more talented and a better player, he will start at IU and get plenty of playing time. It’s just that simple. 

47 minutes ago, Danomatic said:

I’m still not buying the playing time thing. If he’s more talented and a better player, he will start at IU and get plenty of playing time. It’s just that simple. 

Especially considering I think this is a year a lot of Kentucky players come back for year two unlike other years and Izzo typically doesn’t get a ton of one and dones so a lot of his players will be back too!!!!

23 hours ago, Danomatic said:

MSU and North Carolina both have holes at the SF position next year. MSU has some good guards and a lot of PF/C but look to have a 3 guard lineup. NC will be losing basically all it’s foward scoring with 2 senior forwards and Little is one and done. Like I said....clear starting playing time. IU should return Hunter and maybe Smith..and Anderson who can play some 3. To me there is a clear fit for Keion here but not exactly a clear starting position...I can’t say right now he will be good enough to start over Anderson and Hunter and Smith who will be a year and two more seasoned.

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

MSU and North Carolina both have holes at the SF position next year. MSU has some good guards and a lot of PF/C but look to have a 3 guard lineup. NC will be losing basically all it’s foward scoring with 2 senior forwards and Little is one and done. Like I said....clear starting playing time. IU should return Hunter and maybe Smith..and Anderson who can play some 3. To me there is a clear fit for Keion here but not exactly a clear starting position...I can’t say right now he will be good enough to start over Anderson and Hunter and Smith who will be a year and two more seasoned.

Aaron Henry is looking pretty good and he is a small forward but I could be a little partial since I work with his father.

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Aaron Henry is looking pretty good and he is a small forward but I could be a little partial since I work with his father.

I’m pulling for him being an Indiana kid but I can’t imagine Keion not starting over him given all the things Keion does well offensively. I was thinking of him...but I can’t imagine him standing in the way of Keion...especially given who would be ahead of him here at IU. All I’m saying is we have stronger competition at the 3 then either of the other two imo and that’s not a bad reflection of our roster but simply how deep we are. 

I missed the Hall signing. I might say it’s down to us and UNC. Brooks would have to climb over a bunch of guys at UK. The only thing that scares me about UK is Cal is a smooth operator.

On the subject of Keion and our strength/conditioning program. Does anyone know if recruits who commit early get access to our facilities strength coach individual advice right away? Or do they wait until they first report in June following senior year of high school? 

Reason I ask is Keion mentioned weight program specifically. If he said yes now....could he have access to our Clif and his program/expertise now as opposed to waiting until June? I bring it up because weight/conditioning is so important to hit the ground running as a freshman. On one side you can see RP has the size/strength and is obviously hitting the ground running. On the other side...Davis missed that first summer and honestly I feel like he's never caught up (Sorry Mile!).

Just was curious how all of that worked.

Archived