Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

2 hours ago, 68Hoosier said:

Just talked to a friend who has been connected on past information.  He is telling me that we should being hearing good news this week.  Can anyone else confirm this?  He did not say Brooks just that we will have good news on the recruiting front.  Coach / Mile have you heard anything similar?  

I was told a few days ago to expect something.  Kind of innocuous. However... trusted source promised to get back to me, when he knew for sure.  As of Monday, Dec. 10..... I have not heard more. 

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I was told a few days ago to expect something.  Kind of innocuous. However... trusted source promised to get back to me, when he knew for sure.  As of Monday, Dec. 10..... I have not heard more. 

Thanks Mile.  Was this specifically on Brooks or just in general.  My guy wont tell me or say Brooks specifically just that we will have good news.  I only assume Brooks as this is the big name still out there for us.  

46 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Like the old saying, 'where there's a smoke, ...'. As all of our insiders shared positive tidbits the last few weeks, wouldn't we hear some good news by end of December? 

41 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

Thanks Mile.  Was this specifically on Brooks or just in general.  My guy wont tell me or say Brooks specifically just that we will have good news.  I only assume Brooks as this is the big name still out there for us.  

I for 1 am not getting specifics.  I believe it to be KB, but you never know. 

50 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

No names given.  Could be up to two.  Again, was told to keep an eye on my inbox, once he knew for sure. 

Stealing a kid's thunder, I am sure is on the minds of many who don't want to do that. 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

No names given.  Could be up to two.  Again, was told to keep an eye on my inbox, once he knew for sure. 

Stealing a kid's thunder, I am sure is on the minds of many who don't want to do that. 

Understood.  I don't want to do that and I am sure my friend is being told the same thing.  He is connected pretty close to the team so I am guessing he has to follow some guidelines so I don't push him.   Aside from that, do you have any speculation on the second name? 

51 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I do. However it is purely speculation on my part. So would rather not even say, until I hear something of substance.

2019 or 2020 because if one is KB then we are already over 1 scholarship but that would probably work out since Romeo probably will be gone after one year.

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I highly doubt Lander commits anytime soon.  There's just no reason to.  Plus UM is rumored to be a heavy favorite.

Heavy favorite is a stretch. I've been told he's wide open, and is going to sit back and take it all in stride.

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Maybe not a heavy favorite but I'd be shocked if he committed anytime soon.  There's no upside for him to.

The one thing I thought of is the advantage of ending the process.  While it seems most of these kids enjoy the process, I'm not sure I would, personally...the constant questions, phone calls, text messages, random strangers stalking you on Twitter...

I can see where some kids would tire of the process pretty quickly.  Those kids would certainly be candidates for early commitments just to end the process and get back to some sense of regularity.  That being said, it seems like the vast majority of these kids love the attention and enjoy stringing out the process.  I guess I'm just an oddball in that respect.

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

The one thing I thought of is the advantage of ending the process.  While it seems most of these kids enjoy the process, I'm not sure I would, personally...the constant questions, phone calls, text messages, random strangers stalking you on Twitter...

I can see where some kids would tire of the process pretty quickly.  Those kids would certainly be candidates for early commitments just to end the process and get back to some sense of regularity.  That being said, it seems like the vast majority of these kids love the attention and enjoy stringing out the process.  I guess I'm just an oddball in that respect.

For the elite recruits who have a better chance to make it to next level....it's on the job training that starts early in life i.e. how to deal with fans, public,etc....I don't see a ton of upside for the elite guys committing early. Mainly because of the coaches who leave. 

Archived