Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, HoosierJax said:

In this day and age a commitment from a sophomore seems highly unlikely to me.

I am not saying or even seriously thinking KL is close to that point. What I do feel confident is that we are right there in the mix for him. I also feel very strongly that KB commits to IU thos week.  EM is going to be a Hoosier and there is a very very big fish that we are closing in on. Who is it, no idea but we are on a real recruiting roll. With this staff the sky is the limit and the ceiling is the roof😀

43 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am not saying or even seriously thinking KL is close to that point. What I do feel confident is that we are right there in the mix for him. I also feel very strongly that KB commits to IU thos week.  EM is going to be a Hoosier and there is a very very big fish that we are closing in on. Who is it, no idea but we are on a real recruiting roll. With this staff the sky is the limit and the ceiling is the roof😀

Archie likes to fish? Only a matter of time before he hands recruiting over to his assistants. 😀

59 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Interesting.   Do you see EM reclassifying or remaining in 2020 class?  Big fish..... 😁 .  I like the sound of that.  

3 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

Interesting.   Do you see EM reclassifying or remaining in 2020 class?  Big fish..... 😁 .  I like the sound of that.  

Good question, my take is if RL stays for next year, would not be surprised either way, 2020. If RL goes pro 2019 is a realistic possibility.  IDK if its likely but it is in discussion from what I am hearing. I just get a lot of buzz and try to piece things that I collect together, no idea who the Big Fish is. My most trustworthy intel comes from a guy that likes to be cloak and dagger and keep me guessing, its part of the game I guess. He has given me the inside scope when AF announced although no name, he has been providing very descriptive details on the TJD and KB recruitment. never does he give me a name As long as keeps giving me the info and does not mind me posting I will (he does lurk on this board)😀

I am not connected nor do I receive any first hand info. CoachSS and IUWINS have legit intel mine is more take all the sources and try and put together a puzzle and so far it has been a pretty good method. I am ready for the backlash as soon as I miss but until then....

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Good question, my take is if RL stays for next year, would not be surprised either way, 2020. If RL goes pro 2019 is a realistic possibility.  IDK if its likely but it is in discussion from what I am hearing. I just get a lot of buzz and try to piece things that I collect together, no idea who the Big Fish is. My most trustworthy intel comes from a guy that likes to be cloak and dagger and keep me guessing, its part of the game I guess. He has given me the inside scope when AF announced although no name, he has been providing very descriptive details on the TJD and KB recruitment. never does he give me a name As long as keeps giving me the info and does not mind me posting I will (he does lurk on this board)😀

I am not connected nor do I receive any first hand info. CoachSS and IUWINS have legit intel mine is more take all the sources and try and put together a puzzle and so far it has been a pretty good method. I am ready for the backlash as soon as I miss but until then....

I'm in the same boat I think.  My information is coming from someone close to the team on a daily basis.  Can't be more specific as he does not want that to get out.  Anyway he will not tell me names but said we will have good news this week.  I assume Brooks but do not know for sure.  No mention of a big fish from him yet.

As always appreciate the intel. With this much buzz coming from multiple places seems like we are ready for some good news again. I'll just reiterate what Archie and this staff have accomplished this quickly in recruiting is unreal. And that's just what they've done to date. Some of our brethren to the North or even West would love to have a top 50 player in every class. The idea of 3 5 stars and what 6 4 stars this quickly? Now talking to a kid about reclassifying??

Total control already. And it seems every plan has contingencies in place if kids leave early for pros, transfer, injuries,etc...that's what I like the most I think. Every position has solid backup plans. It's not let's go for Trey Lyles and if that doesn't work we get Jurkin. No offense to Jurkin. 

14 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

I'm in the same boat I think.  My information is coming from someone close to the team on a daily basis.  Can't be more specific as he does not want that to get out.  Anyway he will not tell me names but said we will have good news this week.  I assume Brooks but do not know for sure.  No mention of a big fish from him yet.

Wouldn't Brooks be the big fish or are we talking someone besides Brooks.  The only other big fish we have been mentioned with pretty much has taken us off of their list.  I know Brooks and TJD have been in Stewart's ear but I see that as a very long shot.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Wouldn't Brooks be the big fish or are we talking someone besides Brooks.  The only other big fish we have been mentioned with pretty much has taken us off of their list.  I know Brooks and TJD have been in Stewart's ear but I see that as a very long shot.

I have no inside information on a big fish.  Billingsley was the first I had hard of this.  I did hear there may be another this year but he did not say it was a big fish.  I do think Brooks is a big fish for us but the way I read the thread from above was that a big fish may be someone higher up on the list than him.  :snack:

31 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

Thanks for sharing.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Lots of rumors circulating. I haven’t heard anything concrete, but that can change in a moments notice. I’d say at this point in time, Stewart is a reach, but ya never know.... might be someone we haven’t considered close for awhile. 🤷🏻‍♂️

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

No idea thats why just for S and G's I threw out KL for example. We have known KB is ours for some time.  This is someone else maybe not a 19. If this guy says it I have at this point no reason not to believe it 

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Wow...great to hear..what about the Furst kid...any news on him.

Archived