Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I just wish I knew who the IU people are that are making the trip

There was a guy on one of the old sites who posted a lot and actually lived in Hawaii. IIRC he was a chef. I think he might have been related to HTD here, as he didn’t know a capital letter or exclamation point he didn’t like.

Unfortunately, I think he passed away and never made it to HSN.

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

There was a guy on one of the old sites who posted a lot and actually lived in Hawaii. IIRC he was a chef. I think he might have been related to HTD here, as he didn’t know a capital letter or exclamation point he didn’t like.

Unfortunately, I think he passed away and never made it to HSN.

He was a great guy. Wasn’t a part of his name Craig?

4 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

gotcha, I assumed it was a tourney.  I saw a pic that Keion posted today on Instagram, however I just assumed it was from a vacation earlier this year.  Guess I assumed wrong. 

Assuming IU fans travel all the way to Honolulu and Keion sees that, that's the heart, passion and desire IU fans have for top prospects from High Schools in Indiana.  No better way to represent your state than with INDIANA across the chest. 

My college roommate and still very good friend to this day is from Honolulu. I told him after seeing this to be on the lookout. IU's reach is deep!

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

He was a really good man. We spoke on a regular basis and I lost his number and a year or so later Mile informed us of Craigs passing 

Yes. It was about a year ago since I learned about his passing.

A little history. When IU was to play in Chicago, John Decker and The Fourth Estate, wanted to travel to Chicago to cover the game for Hoosier Nation.  At that time Craig and I were just members. And HN was constantly getting attacked by Illinois "people".  John asked both myself and Craig if we would not mind watching over the board while he and TFE were away in Chicago.  Craig and I both said yes, to limited moderator powers, thinking it would be just for that night. Instead, we became permanent moderators.

Later on, John asked us who he could add as another moderator, as TFE seemed to have fallen off. We suggested a young fella, with red hair, who loved to play baseball (we will call him JBob for short, and I am sure some of you old timers will remember him !!!!!!!! LOL).   John made him a moderator.  This guy followed us to the original Hoosier Sports Nation (HSN 1.0) as a moderator.  And after not hearing from him for a long time.... one day, as I say just about a year or so ago..... I got a P.M. from him telling me that Craig had passed away.

I too had many conversations over the phone with Craig.  Sad to know he is no longer with us.

My apologies to the current mod team, for going off topic. 

11 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

A little history. When IU was to play in Chicago, John Decker and The Fourth Estate, wanted to travel to Chicago to cover the game for Hoosier Nation.  At that time Craig and I were just members. And HN was constantly getting attacked by Illinois "people".  John asked both myself and Craig if we would not mind watching over the board while he and TFE were away in Chicago.  Craig and I both said yes, to limited moderator powers, thinking it would be just for that night. Instead, we became permanent moderators.

Later on, John asked us who he could add as another moderator, as TFE seemed to have fallen off. We suggested a young fella, with red hair, who loved to play baseball (we will call him JBob for short, and I am sure some of you old timers will remember him !!!!!!!! LOL).   John made him a moderator.  This guy followed us to the original Hoosier Sports Nation (HSN 1.0) as a moderator.  And after not hearing from him for a long time.... one day, as I say just about a year or so ago..... I got a P.M. from him telling me that Craig had passed away.

I too had many conversations over the phone with Craig.  Sad to know he is no longer with us.

Thanks for sharing . I will keep it off topic a little bit more as well. Craig would text or call about once a month to check on Ayden. At no time did he ever mention what was going on with him.  My phone was destroyed and I lost contact with him. What a testament to the man that he would reach out to someone he only knew from a message board.  He is sorely missed 

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I remember all that very well.  Those were the good ol’ days so to speak.  

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

I remember all that very well.  Those were the good ol’ days so to speak.  

Absolutely. Those are my fondest memories of message boards. I had THOUSANDS of posts in that window of time and have greatly backed off. We had awesome debates and discussions. I was always the goofball hyper active poster in game threads. 😂 

I've been around forever, and have followed this site since its first version, I've always posted infrequently, but want to chime in that Craig always seemed like a great guy and was always all in for the Hoosiers. I think all that tropical sun was good for the spirit because he did seem to usually be positive and optimistic.  

Archived