milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, KDB said:

Keion said Kentucky Commit Tyrese Maxey will text him stuff like:

"Blue is better than red."

I wonder why he says red. :D

Keion also said that the IU visit was crazy, and was something he has never experienced before.

Identifying colors before he's even taken classes at Kentucky? Tyrese sounds like Dean's list student at Kentucky.

23 hours ago, KDB said:

Keion said Kentucky Commit Tyrese Maxey will text him stuff like:

"Blue is better than red."

I wonder why he says red. :D

Keion also said that the IU visit was crazy, and was something he has never experienced before.

IU is Bloods. The others are Crips. Red is always better. 

40 minutes ago, Muckraker said:

IU has zero scholarships available at the moment. Brooks cannot sign an LOI until the spring signing period. Why would it make sense for him to verbally commit, now, when there is no guarantee there will even be an opening for him?

Romeo is not staying at IU for two seasons. 

39 minutes ago, Muckraker said:

IU has zero scholarships available at the moment. Brooks cannot sign an LOI until the spring signing period. Why would it make sense for him to verbally commit, now, when there is no guarantee there will even be an opening for him?

There will be an opening regardless if he commits now and signs his NLI in the spring or waits until the spring period. When a 5 ️ wants to play for a team, a spot will open somehow, someway. 

Just now, IU_Realist said:

Romeo is not staying at IU for two seasons. 

Romeo could return for a 2nd season(no insider info here just a gut feeling). If Brooks chooses IU, and Romeo thinks they can win a banner he will return for one more year. A national title is very important to him, more so than it is to others. 

There’s no reason to rush for Brooks. Let him enjoy the process There will be room for both Brooks, and Watford — for that matter, if Romeo chooses to stay another year. As someone mentioned, you make room for 5 stars. If Brooks commits and Romeo stays (which you never know) I expect us to be top 5 next year. Imagine a starting lineup of;

Phinisee

Langford

brooks

Smith

TJD

As I stated way earlier in this thread, I am friends with a guy who works with KJB’s dad. Way back on p. 20 or whatever, I said that he wasn’t in any hurry to commit. Move ahead to present, and that dynamic hasn’t changed. 

He also said that the announcement down to 6 was a joke. He said that it is 3, and that one just lost their coach. Didn’t stipulate, but think it’s us and UNC.

33 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

As I stated way earlier in this thread, I am friends with a guy who works with KJB’s dad. Way back on p. 20 or whatever, I said that he wasn’t in any hurry to commit. Move ahead to present, and that dynamic hasn’t changed. 

He also said that the announcement down to 6 was a joke. He said that it is 3, and that one just lost their coach. Didn’t stipulate, but think it’s us and UNC.

I'm deducing it was UCLA????

4 hours ago, Hoosier987 said:

There’s no reason to rush for Brooks. Let him enjoy the process There will be room for both Brooks, and Watford — for that matter, if Romeo chooses to stay another year. As someone mentioned, you make room for 5 stars. If Brooks commits and Romeo stays (which you never know) I expect us to be top 5 next year. Imagine a starting lineup of;

Phinisee

Langford

brooks

Smith

TJD

Yes we can’t get ahead of ourselves but the goal would clearly be National Title

9 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Romeo could return for a 2nd season(no insider info here just a gut feeling). If Brooks chooses IU, and Romeo thinks they can win a banner he will return for one more year. A national title is very important to him, more so than it is to others. 

Romeo will not return for a second season no matter what.  

16 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

Romeo will not return for a second season no matter what.  

If Romeo continues to struggle with his shot further than say 12 feet from the rim and 3 point shooting, he will struggle in the NBA for a bit. He’s still able to get by a good chunk of defenders in college, but in the NBA not a chance like he is today.

Archived