Keion Brooks Jr. Commits to UK

milehiiu

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, IU_Realist said:

I think most think/know he is coming to IU.  It would be hilarious to see him go elsewhere though just from how declarative his commitment is to be from some people.  

I’m calling b.s. on this post, and perhaps you, as a poster in this community. I’m sorry, but I think any of us can justly question your legitimacy as a fan of the Hoosiers if you would ever find it even mildly amusing that a recruit like Brooks would go to another program.

If you’re truly not trolling us, ask yourself two questions:

1. What motivates posts like the one quoted above?

2. What do you hope to accomplish?

19 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

I’m calling b.s. on this post, and perhaps you, as a poster in this community. I’m sorry, but I think any of us can justly question your legitimacy as a fan of the Hoosiers if you would ever find it even mildly amusing that a recruit like Brooks would go to another program.

I can answer that:

1) impatience/envy

2)make somebody else look bad

• KDB changed the title to Keion Brooks Jr.
1 hour ago, zerawkid said:

Dear god....I stated nothing but a fact. We have been hearing Brooks to IU in a week or two for god knows how long.  It wasn’t directed at CoachSS or whatever.  It was directed at the narrative that he will commit soon for going on like four months now.  Maybe he needs to quit being sensitive.  

This is an old N-S article from 2017, but it offers a good perspective.

http://www.news-sentinel.com/sports/2017/11/23/keion-brooks-jr-s-parents-feel-a-different-type-of-recruiting-pressure/

Brooks Sr. took the advice of those who had been through the recruiting trail to have a plan and to make the most of the outrageous attention. He has advised his son to take advantage of the recruiting interactions with coaches. Ask them for advice. Ask them for pointers. Even though he’ll choose one college as his destination, he can improve his game during the decision process.

That ends once you commit.

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

This is an old N-S article from 2017, but it offers a good perspective.

http://www.news-sentinel.com/sports/2017/11/23/keion-brooks-jr-s-parents-feel-a-different-type-of-recruiting-pressure/

Brooks Sr. took the advice of those who had been through the recruiting trail to have a plan and to make the most of the outrageous attention. He has advised his son to take advantage of the recruiting interactions with coaches. Ask them for advice. Ask them for pointers. Even though he’ll choose one college as his destination, he can improve his game during the decision process.

That ends once you commit.

So they are using as much of this time to get feedback on how best to improve his game and get better. Good info!!! Great post. That said he has no more official visits so it’s pretty much time to choose.

6 hours ago, IU_Realist said:

Dear god....I stated nothing but a fact. We have been hearing Brooks to IU in a week or two for god knows how long.  It wasn’t directed at CoachSS or whatever.  It was directed at the narrative that he will commit soon for going on like four months now.  Maybe he needs to quit being sensitive.  

I think you’re hedging. Your post was doing more than “stating a fact,” it had an edge to it. An angle. If you’re going to state facts in the future try to be a bit more academic. The inherent vitriol in the mere thought that it would somehow be a good thing if a highly regarded recruit spurned us just because it would show some members of this community wrong is WAY beyond stating a fact, man.

36 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

I think you’re hedging. Your post was doing more than “stating a fact,” it had an edge to it. An angle. If you’re going to state facts in the future try to be a bit more academic. The inherent vitriol in the mere thought that it would somehow be a good thing if a highly regarded recruit spurned us just because it would show some members of this community wrong is WAY beyond stating a fact, man.

I think there are all types of posters on this board. I would say most honestly want IU to be successful again and root for our Hoosiers. That said there are people that just love stirring the pot or getting a reaction. So they get just as much satisfaction of having a hot take or being right as watching the Hoosiers be successful. Myself...as much as I am open minded and try to be objective I also like to think I know what I'm talking about or right most of the time. However, I would gladly be proven wrong if it meant IU won, or a player improves etc than not. That said....I think there are a select few who would rather be proven right or get a reaction even if it meant IU(or the kids) had to lose or be unsuccessful to prove their point. I don't think we have a lot of those people...and I am not saying they aren't IU fans..but they are fans of themselves first or to a greater degree than IU.

9 hours ago, IU_Realist said:

I have continually told folks here, through a co-worker of K’s dad, that this was not going to be a quick decision. I stated that 40 pages ago and have repeated it several times since. You have not followed the thread closely or you would never have claimed that the commitment was imminent. 

If you have a legitimate beef, fine, but have your facts straight first 

23 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I have continually told folks here, through a co-worker of K’s dad, that this was not going to be a quick decision. I stated that 40 pages ago and have repeated it several times since. You have not followed the thread closely or you would never have claimed that the commitment was imminent. 

As far as the info I have received from multiple people the decision was made a long time ago and 1 person I trust said the coaching staff has been notified. KB camp was told even if TW committed there is a spot for Keion

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

As far as the info I have received from multiple people the decision was made a long time ago and 1 person I trust said the coaching staff has been notified. KB camp was told even if TW committed there is a spot for Keion

The decision may or may not have been made. The announcement will come in its own time 

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The decision may or may not have been made. The announcement will come in its own time 

In other words folks, STAY TUNED.......

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Correct.  There is no pressure or urgency he can still enjoy the process and know he has a spot. 

KB and TWAT 😀can take as much time as they need.  There have spots here.

What is the backup plan for KB?  There is none because we know where he is going.  CAM is too good to not have a next guy ready just in case. UNC and MSU and UK have not stopped recruiting that position for a reason

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Correct.  There is no pressure or urgency he can still enjoy the process and know he has a spot. 

KB and TWAT 😀can take as much time as they need.  There have spots here.

What is the backup plan for KB?  There is none because we know where he is going.  CAM is too good to not have a next guy ready just in case. UNC and MSU and UK have not stopped recruiting that position for a reason

That’s a good argument

52 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Did you post it? Maybe not.  Has it been posted? Several times.  

Archived