Toughen Up Buttercup

10 hours ago, zerawkid said:

I disagree slightly with the premise...this team needs to toughen up the first ten minutes of each game. Outside of that, I think they’re about as tough as they come.

I'm with you. I do not agree with the talk of lack of "toughness," really. This is a team that just went on a long winning streak with multiple games decided by a basket or two and down to the final plays, and they battled for the W's over and over again.

This team has TONS of toughness. Morgan is as tough as they come. You don't have to bite someone's leg a la Fife to be tough (no disrespect to Fife, one of my favorite players). We don't have emotional guys, we don't seem to have a Sheehey, but guys like Morgan and Rob are clearly tough, they're just quiet.

We have lacked discipline out of the gate, as CAM's comments reflect, and Morgan and Romeo have not demanded the ball and taken control of the game early, as CAM wants them to, but that's really not a lack of toughness. I think it's fair to say we need them to be more aggressive and to demand the ball early, but you can't just ignore what these guys, and this team, have done over the course of this entire season to say they lack toughness. (I'd love to see someone walk up to Morgan, or Romeo, and tell them they lack toughness.)

Archived