Could you do it?

After the Bears lost Sunday, their placekicker was skewered on social media by a bunch of armchair kickers.

In a genius marketing ploy, a Chicago microbrewery is setting up a goal post in front of their building and giving anyone who signs up a chance to kick a 43 yard field goal--the length of the kick that Cody Parkey missed. Make the kick and win a year's worth of free beer.

Could you make that kick? Would you even try? Do you think you could attempt it and not tear/pull/injure something? Or would you go all Sebastian Janikowski and feign injury once you see your kick isn't going to make it?

Who on here thinks that they are still a good enough athlete that with minimal practice they could make this kick?

The interesting thing, for anyone who watched the game.  He easily hit the field goal, the first time.  But time was called, just as he kicked it.  Time out was granted.  And I felt he would make the field goal again.... only to hit the goal posts twice..... once the upright, and then the crossbar. 

Answer your question.... even in my younger days, I could not make the field goal, much less hit the goal posts twice. 

12 hours ago, milehiiu said:

The interesting thing, for anyone who watched the game.  He easily hit the field goal, the first time.  But time was called, just as he kicked it.  Time out was granted.  And I felt he would make the field goal again.... only to hit the goal posts twice..... once the upright, and then the crossbar. 

Answer your question.... even in my younger days, I could not make the field goal, much less hit the goal posts twice. 

I'd have a better chance with my wedge hitting the goal posts. In fact I would say I'd hit posts more in 20 shots than hitting a fg from 43. There was a time in high school where I felt pretty good from about 25-30 pretty consistently. 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'd have a better chance with my wedge hitting the goal posts. In fact I would say I'd hit posts more in 20 shots than hitting a fg from 43. There was a time in high school where I felt pretty good from about 25-30 pretty consistently. 

I was a running back.....I couldn't do it then and sure as hell can't do it now.

Update on this.

Evidently Goose Island ran up against state law as it is illegal in Illinois to give away free beer. They have now changed the prize for making this to flight, hotel and tickets to the 2019 NFL game of your choice. And, if you make the 43 yard kick, they will give you a chance to kick a 65 yarder, tying the all-time record. Do that...no one will... and win two tickets for next year’s Super Bowl.

Supposed to be cold and snowy in Chicago tomorrow. I don’t think that they will be awarding many/ any winners.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:37 PM, Steubenhoosier said:

After the Bears lost Sunday, their placekicker was skewered on social media by a bunch of armchair kickers.

In a genius marketing ploy, a Chicago microbrewery is setting up a goal post in front of their building and giving anyone who signs up a chance to kick a 43 yard field goal--the length of the kick that Cody Parkey missed. Make the kick and win a year's worth of free beer.

Could you make that kick? Would you even try? Do you think you could attempt it and not tear/pull/injure something? Or would you go all Sebastian Janikowski and feign injury once you see your kick isn't going to make it?

Who on here thinks that they are still a good enough athlete that with minimal practice they could make this kick?

No way I could make it. When the Super bowl was in Indy I went to the fan jam or whatever they called it and tried to kick a 30 yard FG and missed badly.

Well thanks Steubby.  I went out to get the mail, someone had threw a beer can in my yard.  I came up with the bright idea to kick it to the other side of the road through a couple of fence posts.  I kicked the can, slipped and fell, and it made it to the middle of the road.  Now my ass hurts and the little lady ain't too happy with me.  Seriously my ass hurts, and to quote the woman..."Damn Rico, you are 51...WTF were you thinking?"  I told her I was practicing!  Wasn't good enough for her.  Geez, I can't even kick a beer can over 10 feet.  There was a reason I was a running back.

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So. 101 kickers tried it.

0 kickers made it.

Goose Island owes no one anything.

Maybe it’s not as easy as it looks 

Dang, I would have thought some former College or HS kicker could have done it!!!!!  Or were there rules against that?

Archived