Delphi and other cold cases.

rico

17 hours ago, cthomas said:

I've always wondered if maybe the initial people at the crime scene did something that contaminated the evidence making it more difficult to process. I hope not, but I think it was just people searching that found the bodies.

There has been speculation that the scene may have been contaminated or even possible the killer was part of the search party. @RoadToZionprovided a good link to a reddit forum where there is much information about the case, and is worth checking out.

There was a special on channel HLN (204 on DirectTV) last night on the five year anniversary of the murders and they also rebroadcast their original 2 part series "Down the Hill" from a couple years back in case anyone is interested (I'm guessing they will reair these). I have never seen the shows despite hearing about them. I recorded them to watch sometime this week. If anyone is interested in viewing the shows, I think HLN can be streamed with other TV subscribers/streaming services as well.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, rico said:

Just a head's up gang. If you read the full transcript there's some stuff in there that gets a little bad I've been told. I can't read stuff like that but I'm glad Rico is keeping this story going too. The family and entire community need some closure on this. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rico said:

This seems to point the finger at Keegan Klines father as a suspect. Not a complete surprise after reading through a lot of the Reddit info about him.

Police really need to get this case solved, it has been over 5 years, and those girls deserve justice.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

This seems to point the finger at Keegan Klines father as a suspect. Not a complete surprise after reading through a lot of the Reddit info about him.

Police really need to get this case solved, it has been over 5 years, and those girls deserve justice.

I did not read through it all but do they know where his father is.? 

16 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I did not read through it all but do they know where his father is.? 

He lived with his father in Peru at the time of the murders. Their house was one of the houses that was searched like a week after the murders I believe. His dad lives in Kokomo now if I am not mistaken. He works or worked at Chrysler...again if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

He lived with his father in Peru at the time of the murders. Their house was one of the houses that was searched like a week after the murders I believe. His dad lives in Kokomo now if I am not mistaken. He works or worked at Chrysler...again if I remember correctly.

I am kicking around in my head why let this out unless you want him to run or panic and do something stupid . Maybe in case others know things the father has done. I think the  State Police have dome DNA or something that we obviously don't know .

Thank you. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am kicking around in my head why let this out unless you want him to run or panic and do something stupid . Maybe in case others know things the father has done. I think the  State Police have dome DNA or something that we obviously don't know .

Thank you. 

My wife taught at a nearby school for several years, and we lived not too far from where this happened, so I have followed this case somewhat close.

Someone on the Reddit site a couple months back claimed that they lived in/near Kokomo and drove by the house and there were police watching the house. No idea if that is true or not.

But I agree, the police have been VERY tight lipped about releasing or letting anything slipping out about the investigation, so this seems like it might be significant. I just hope they get the right guy soon.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

I’m all for bringing back public hanging whenever they are finally arrested. 

People who do this to kids are absolutely sick. 

I will disagree with the hanging. Whenever they arrest who did this, they will have a living hell time in prison. Other inmates will make his life miserable and he will be wishing for death.

I knew lots of people who worked for Indiana State maximum security prison in Michigan City, they will not have an easy time in there.

But yes, whoever did this is a sick bastard.

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I will disagree on this. Whenever they arrest who did this, they will have a living hell time in prison. Other inmates will make his life miserable and he will be wishing for death.

I knew lots of people who worked for Indiana State maximum security prison in Michigan City, they will not have a easy time in there.

That’s fair. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, rico said:

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/crime/delphi-girls-murdered/court-docs-fbi-agent-believes-trophies-taken-from-delphi-murder-victims-bodies-staged-ronald-logan-abby-williams-libby-german-kegan-kline/531-6a8483fd-06af-4797-a9b1-9a5cc827b5d3

Was getting ready to post this.  Here is an article on WTHR out of Indy.  I realize blue is a common color for jackets.  But, is this Logan guy wearing the same jacket in the TV interview as was seen on the bridge photo?

b7b92070-24ec-47f4-827e-1ccadc1c64ee_1140x641.jpg

d7c55bdd-f876-4d23-a88d-a36a031aabd3_1140x641.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 5fouls said:

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/crime/delphi-girls-murdered/court-docs-fbi-agent-believes-trophies-taken-from-delphi-murder-victims-bodies-staged-ronald-logan-abby-williams-libby-german-kegan-kline/531-6a8483fd-06af-4797-a9b1-9a5cc827b5d3

Was getting ready to post this.  Here is an article on WTHR out of Indy.  I realize blue is a common color for jackets.  But, is this Logan guy wearing the same jacket in the TV interview as was seen on the bridge photo?

b7b92070-24ec-47f4-827e-1ccadc1c64ee_1140x641.jpg

d7c55bdd-f876-4d23-a88d-a36a031aabd3_1140x641.jpg

Owned the property.  Blue jacket. Same build. Murders happened 1400 feet from his home. Had a relative lie for an alibi. Ex girlfriend said he had threatened to kill her. Location of murders wasn't an easy location to park a car and just randomly run into these girls.  But never was considered a suspect????  Tell me what am I missing here

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, JW75 said:

Owned the property.  Blue jacket. Same build. Murders happened 1400 feet from his home. Had a relative lie for an alibi. Ex girlfriend said he had threatened to kill her. Location of murders wasn't an easy location to park a car and just randomly run into these girls.  But never was considered a suspect????  Tell me what am I missing here

Part of me does not want it to be him since he is dead and can't receive the type of punishment the sick bastard that killed these girls deserves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JW75 said:

Hopefully this doesn't come across the wrong way because I'm very pro-police....but I'm with you. What are we waiting on? I understand wanting to make sure all the I's/T's,etc....making sure evidence and how it was collected can all be admissible in court,etc....but man. This guy seems to check all the boxes which leads me to think there has to be  someone else or something else we just don't know yet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hopefully this doesn't come across the wrong way because I'm very pro-police....but I'm with you. What are we waiting on? I understand wanting to make sure all the I's/T's,etc....making sure evidence and how it was collected can all be admissible in court,etc....but man. This guy seems to check all the boxes which leads me to think there has to be  someone else or something else we just don't know yet.

I would wonder too if there could be someone else since the scene seemed "staged" as they say.  I evidently never saw the Logan interview with the tv station but to me he appears to almost have the same clothing on as the cell phone video. Doesn't make sense to me that he was never considered a "suspect". 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I might not be remembering correctly, but I believe this guy had an alibi but lied about it because he was violating his parole. I don't think he is the killer.

I skimmed through the article too and may not remember correctly either but I was thinking he had asked a relative to tell investigators that he was picked up by the relative and they were at an aquarium or something similar to that at the same time of the killings but his  cellphone pings proved that wrong, plus the relative said he thought it was odd for Logan to asked him to lie for him as he never had before.  

16 minutes ago, JW75 said:

I skimmed through the article too and may not remember correctly either but I was thinking he had asked a relative to tell investigators that he was picked up by the relative and they were at an aquarium or something similar to that at the same time of the killings but his  cellphone pings proved that wrong, plus the relative said he thought it was odd for Logan to asked him to lie for him as he never had before.  

If I remember the reddit stuff correctly, he was drinking/driving and on probation. I think he was sent back to jail after they found this out. I think he was the prime suspect early on, but they seemed to switch gears in investigation.

The cell phone pings are interesting, as I don't recall ever reading about that in connection with him before. I always felt he was trying to cover up his drinking/driving so he wouldn't get sent back to jail. I thought they searched his property thoroughly and didn't find evidence connecting him.

I just hope they can find out for sure who did it to give at least some closure for family members.

Edited by FritzIam4IU

4 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

If I remember the reddit stuff correctly, he was drinking/driving and on probation. I think he was sent back to jail after they found this out. I think he was the prime suspect early on, but they seemed to switch gears in investigation.

The cell phone pings are interesting, as I don't recall ever reading about that in connection with him before. I always felt he was trying to cover up his drinking/driving so he wouldn't get sent back to jail. I thought they searched his property thoroughly and didn't find evidence connecting him.

Yes, he did not have his license to drive. One of the reasons I believe he wanted to have the relative cover for him not being home.  Also, pretty sure the cellphone pings were actually somewhat accurate enough to have him in the general vicinity of where the girls bodies were found and definitely outside of his house.  I know I didn't dream that, lol, had to read it somewhere.  I don't want to "assume" guilt on anybody and obviously don't have any evidence but this seems like such an odd, remote area  for a "meetup" of just some random killer on social media to kill 2 girls. Somebody knew this area.

9 minutes ago, JW75 said:

Yes, he did not have his license to drive. One of the reasons I believe he wanted to have the relative cover for him not being home.  Also, pretty sure the cellphone pings were actually somewhat accurate enough to have him in the general vicinity of where the girls bodies were found and definitely outside of his house.  I know I didn't dream that, lol, had to read it somewhere.  I don't want to "assume" guilt on anybody and obviously don't have any evidence but this seems like such an odd, remote area  for a "meetup" of just some random killer on social media to kill 2 girls. Somebody knew this area.

I am still thinking the killer is tied to the social media angle. I don't think it is the younger Kline that has been arrested with the pedo stuff on his computer, but I think someone with a connection to him (dark web?) and his dropbox. The monon bridge was a popular spot for the young people of the area, and his property bordered it. I don't think the girls went there to meet someone, but I wouldn't be shocked if the killer knew they were going to be there that day. They had a sleepover the night before, and possibly told others/posted about going out the next day. 

I think I read Ron Logan owned 47 acres, lots of it wooded, so it wouldn't be unheard of for someone else with knowledge of the area taking them there without him knowing. I read plenty about him having some unsavory friends/acquaintances, so perhaps someone he knew did it and was familiar with the area.

In rural Indiana, I am not sure how accurate the cell phone towers are to pinpoint exact locations. I am not an expert by any means, but I thought they could only give approximate locations, especially in rural areas where there aren't nearly as many towers? How would the towers know if his phone was in his house and on the trails/edge of his property?

I am just skeptical that he did it. I do think he was the primary suspect early on and was probably investigated thoroughly.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I am still thinking the killer is tied to the social media angle. I don't think it is the younger Kline that has been arrested with the pedo stuff on his computer, but I think someone with a connection to him (dark web?) and his dropbox. The monon bridge was a popular spot for the young people of the area, and his property bordered it. I don't think the girls went there to meet someone, but I wouldn't be shocked if the killer knew they were going to be there that day. They had a sleepover the night before, and possibly told others/posted about going out the next day. 

I think I read Ron Logan owned 47 acres, lots of it wooded, so it wouldn't be unheard of for someone else with knowledge of the area taking them there without him knowing. I read plenty about him having some unsavory friends/acquaintances, so perhaps someone he knew did it and was familiar with the area.

In rural Indiana, I am not sure how accurate the cell phone towers are to pinpoint exact locations. I am not an expert by any means, but I thought they could only give approximate locations, especially in rural areas where there aren't nearly as many towers? How would the towers know if his phone was in his house and on the trails/edge of his property?

I am just skeptical that he did it. I do think he was the primary suspect early on and was probably investigated thoroughly.

Ya, I'm no expert on any of this, I always thought the "ping" would get you in a general area and then maybe gps could narrow it down more.  Honestly no clue.  And if he did have shady friends then yes they would know his area well too. Just his build and comparison to video and the close proximity to his house, 1400 feet they say, on 47 acres is very questionable and I'm sure he was looked into deeply.