Delphi and other cold cases.

rico

5 minutes ago, mjeze106 said:

That new sketch is so detailed and so different than the other that I think they actually may know who the killer is but need more tips to make the arrest.

Just a thought...

Well, Delphi is not a big town.  Would like to think anybody that fits the description is being rounded up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I was expecting some real breaking news. I love this strategy  and listening to the exact wording I do believe this person is not some drifter or a career criminal per se but someone that has a profession career and a family. Still such a tragic story and I hope and pray he is captured.

Exactly. The strategy is perfect. Now it's up the person to make a mistake....because they always do. Usually it's arrogance on getting away with it for so long. They'll slip up and tactics like the presser yesterday are usually used to do just that. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Exactly. The strategy is perfect. Now it's up the person to make a mistake....because they always do. Usually it's arrogance on getting away with it for so long. They'll slip up and tactics like the presser yesterday are usually used to do just that. 

My wife and I watched it live yesterday and as soon as the Superintendent began to talk I told my wife this guy is good and I feel they will catch the killer. There was something else on the phone that I feel has given them some very good evidence but not enough I think they have a few suspects life you said that every move will be watched. Now its a matter of time. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rico said:

The FBI has voice analysis, right?

Yep. And if people are interested watch the Unabomber case on Netflix I believe. It dives into the forensics for language or writing styles. It's ultimately how they tracked him down because of words he used because the editor of the Chicago Tribune used them back in the 50's and 60's. Might be boring to some....but absolutely fascinating to me. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

My question is that where did the new sketch come from since it was so different than the first one.

No clue but I can tell you this. When I went from 235 with longer hair to 154 and shorter hair in one year I looked like two different people. Just a theory but if the criminal is as smart as he thinks he is....maybe weight loss, change of hair, appearance....is his way of thinking he's smarter.

One big fear I have is that this person could be very, very close to the investigation. Not saying anyone involved in case but when someone gets away with it for this long it means they more times than not have a very good understanding of how cases work, mistakes not to make,etc....

16 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. And if people are interested watch the Unabomber case on Netflix I believe. It dives into the forensics for language or writing styles. It's ultimately how they tracked him down because of words he used because the editor of the Chicago Tribune used them back in the 50's and 60's. Might be boring to some....but absolutely fascinating to me. 

"eat your cake and have it to" was the phrase that nailed the Unabomber

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Along with iirc 4-5 other words that were misspelled and phrases used time and time again by him. Fascinating stuff. 

I really enjoyed that show and I have not had 2 hours to sit down at 1 time and watch it but I just started Zodiac, Movie from 2007 I believe.  Hollywood makes it pretty to convict someone.  The guy that solved the Unabomber case is credited with the first case solved by the FBI using linguistics. 

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I really enjoyed that show and I have not had 2 hours to sit down at 1 time and watch it but I just started Zodiac, Movie from 2007 I believe.  Hollywood makes it pretty to convict someone.  The guy that solved the Unabomber case is credited with the first case solved by the FBI using linguistics. 

I am very interested in the case of the Zodiac Killer

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Have you watched the new series Very Scary People? I watched the one on Manson, Zodiac and Jim Jones so far. I think there is 1 on the most famous woman serial killer Aileen Wournos that was pretty good

No but I have watched a lot of shows on all of those killers.  I usually just watch actual crime shows and not TV series or movies about them.  The one movie about a serial killer I really like was to catch a killer and that was about John Wayne Gasey.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

No but I have watched a lot of shows on all of those killers.  I usually just watch actual crime shows and not TV series or movies about them.  The one movie about a serial killer I really like was to catch a killer and that was about John Wayne Gasey.

I highly recommend the series Very Scary People. Well done with lots of material. 

What has upset me is that when I changed my subscription with Xfinity it too away one of my favorite channels and that is the ID channel.  they said that Xfinity has lost that channel unless you are grandfathered in but with me switching something it took it off of my subscription.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What has upset me is that when I changed my subscription with Xfinity it too away one of my favorite channels and that is the ID channel.  they said that Xfinity has lost that channel unless you are grandfathered in but with me switching something it took it off of my subscription.

It is on HLN 

7 minutes ago, rico said:

I have always wondered if the Hindenburg was sabotage.  The sinking of the Lusitania raises my eyebrow.  The Lindberger baby was a sham.  Oh, so many conspiracy theories.

I used to teach a class called Topics in US History and 1 semester we examined some of the great conspiracy theories. Another year we did the JFK assassination for the entire semester and ended with a thesis presentation with evidence of who the killer was.  Its amazing how much kids will put into something especially if they feel it goes against what the book says. 

19 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I used to teach a class called Topics in US History and 1 semester we examined some of the great conspiracy theories. Another year we did the JFK assassination for the entire semester and ended with a thesis presentation with evidence of who the killer was.  Its amazing how much kids will put into something especially if they feel it goes against what the book says. 

To quote Mr. Prezbo from The Wire "trick them into thinking they aren't learning and they do". 

Regarding Delphi case they had a few former FBI types on local news last night and all agreed the strategy in play here is the right one. Gets people discussing again and given the passion of presser....it might force the suspect into making a mistake he hasn't made in 26 months.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

To quote Mr. Prezbo from The Wire "trick them into thinking they aren't learning and they do". 

Regarding Delphi case they had a few former FBI types on local news last night and all agreed the strategy in play here is the right one. Gets people discussing again and given the passion of presser....it might force the suspect into making a mistake he hasn't made in 26 months.

I expected to hear lots of tips coming forward most will yield nothing but like you said it's back in the forefront.  Over 1000 calls so far.

Late professor famous for the Last Lecture, Randy Pausch called them head fakes. Make the believe they are doing something fun when actually learning a difficult subject. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I expected to hear lots of tips coming forward most will yield nothing but like you said it's back in the forefront.  Over 1000 calls so far.

Late professor famous for the Last Lecture, Randy Pausch called them head fakes. Make the believe they are doing something fun when actually learning a difficult subject. 

There was a game back in the day we played called Acquire. We played in 8th or 9th grade when studying business, leveraged buyouts, finance,etc....we played that board game vs each other to learn. Great way to learn.

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

There was a game back in the day we played called Acquire. We played in 8th or 9th grade when studying business, leveraged buyouts, finance,etc....we played that board game vs each other to learn. Great way to learn.

I did something similar with a board game we created for the great depression. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...