Delphi and other cold cases.

rico

Defense attorneys provide alternate theory that Richard Allen is innocent and that it was a white supremacist Odinism ritualistic killing. This case is so crazy...something out of a movie. I feel so bad for these girls and the families.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/09/18/odinism-claim-delphi-indiana-murder-update/70895146007/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Defense attorneys provide alternate theory that Richard Allen is innocent and that it was a white supremacist Odinism ritualistic killing. This case is so crazy...something out of a movie. I feel so bad for these girls and the families.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/09/18/odinism-claim-delphi-indiana-murder-update/70895146007/

I read the filing and it was beyond disturbing. Local law enforcement apparently misrepresented some witness statements or flat out changed some of the details. And, seemed to have done a very poor job processing the crime scene. My take away was that this is going to be anything but a slam drunk conviction of Richard Allen. Also, whoever the person or persons who killed those young girls was a very sick, sadistic person(s).

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I have my doubts they have the right person. Not defending the guy. But there is so little evidence I feel they are digging at straws to get a conviction. 

I'm no expert but I think they should look closer to home. Statistically crimes like this are committed by close friends or family.

Edited by mrflynn03

16 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I have my doubts they have the right person. Not defending the guy. But there is so little evidence I feel they are digging at straws to get a conviction. 

I'm no expert but I think they should look closer to home. Statistically crimes like this are committed by close friends or family.

I think he likely did it by placing himself at the scene and time when it occurred, but I believe that the Carroll County police and to a lesser extent the state police have bungled this case badly. I am also not a fan of the prosecuting attorney.

I just hope that justice prevails.

• Like 2

There seems to be evidence that the crime scene wasn't properly secured and / or contaminated. It was also reported that pieces of potential evidence were not collected until some time after discovery of the bodies. I'm also really disturbed that the sheriff refused search dogs and drones with heat imaging technology in the early hours of the search. The whole investigation reeks of gross incompetence to me. I want someone held accountable for this horrible crime, but I want to to be the right person or persons.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Here is what I have found to be the best Reddit forum about this case if anyone wants to dive a little deeper….

https://www.reddit.com/r/DelphiDocs/

That is a rabbit hole if there ever was one. Lots of information about some really shady characters in the area who may or may not have been involved in the murders. Almost too much to make sense of after a while.

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

That is a rabbit hole if there ever was one. Lots of information about some really shady characters in the area who may or may not have been involved in the murders. Almost too much to make sense of after a while.

Definitely.  I like that forum because there is a retired judge and a practicing defense attorney (or 2) who have really informative posts with lots of legalities that most non-lawyers may not know. I live not too far from Carroll County, so I have followed this case closely.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of messy stuff here. Between the evidence leak, the guy in Fishers killing himself over that, a judge with an agenda, and now the original attorneys being kicked off....I'd be surprised if this thing goes next October.

Not to mention some of the crime scene evidence not being let's call it preserved the correct way....just a shame. Problem is the case is so high profile that anything less than a DP would be viewed as a failure on those in the DA's office up there as a failure.

Just a shame for the families.

• 3 months later...