Delphi and other cold cases.

rico

On 1/11/2019 at 11:04 AM, 5fouls said:

Cases like this tear me apart.  I can't begin to understand how someone can hurt a child.

I know, brings tears to my eyes.  I would have liked your post, but there really ain't one that is appropriate in this situation.

• 3 months later...

26 months and no arrest and now it's time for a new direction. Just my two cents but when an investigation goes on that long it seems to me either they were looking at wrong suspect or suspects the entire time.....or that the best suspect has been safely tucked away in prison somewhere and people didn't know he was the suspect. For the sake of the families, friends, and community I hope they get closure soon. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

26 months and no arrest and now it's time for a new direction. Just my two cents but when an investigation goes on that long it seems to me either they were looking at wrong suspect or suspects the entire time.....or that the best suspect has been safely tucked away in prison somewhere and people didn't know he was the suspect. For the sake of the families, friends, and community I hope they get closure soon. 

Well if they have any kind of DNA from this case and that person was in prison they should be able to find a match since if you go into prison they take your DNA.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well if they have any kind of DNA from this case and that person was in prison they should be able to find a match since if you go into prison they take your DNA.

Yep. Hope so! Has to be something along those lines because if someone hasn't talked yet they aren't talking so forensics has to be the answer to solve this one. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Hope so! Has to be something along those lines because if someone hasn't talked yet they aren't talking so forensics has to be the answer to solve this one. 

I watch a lot of those real crime shows on ID like 48 Hours or Dateline and sometimes it takes decades to solve these murder cases.  Today with all the advances with DNA they should be able to solve it if there were any DNA left at the scene. 

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I watch a lot of those real crime shows on ID like 48 Hours or Dateline and sometimes it takes decades to solve these murder cases.  Today with all the advances with DNA they should be able to solve it if there were any DNA left at the scene. 

DNA is fine if you got someone to match it to.  No different than finger prints.  But I watched one of those shows where they got the killer by the empty beer cans he left at the murder scene.  Quite a piece of police work.

19 minutes ago, rico said:

DNA is fine if you got someone to match it to.  No different than finger prints.  But I watched one of those shows where they got the killer by the empty beer cans he left at the murder scene.  Quite a piece of police work.

I was just saying if the person who did this is in prison they should have a good chance since they have to give their DNA when they go into prison.  Very rarely does a person only commit one of these crimes and then stops so more than likely he will get caught of another crime.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I was just saying if the person who did this is in prison they should have a good chance since they have to give their DNA when they go into prison.  Very rarely does a person only commit one of these crimes and then stops so more than likely he will get caught of another crime.

Oh, I understand that.  It would be like me committing a crime and leaving my finger prints...I have never committed a crime, however my prints are on file with the military.  I would be had in a heart beat.  In this case I would imagine they do have several DNA samples from multiple "suspects".  It is also my guess that at least one shouldn't have been there.  But I ain't Perry Mason.

29 minutes ago, rico said:

Oh, I understand that.  It would be like me committing a crime and leaving my finger prints...I have never committed a crime, however my prints are on file with the military.  I would be had in a heart beat.  In this case I would imagine they do have several DNA samples from multiple "suspects".  It is also my guess that at least one shouldn't have been there.  But I ain't Perry Mason.

They just setup the presser. Photos of girls and one that is covered. I'd imagine the one that is covered has to be a photo of someone or person of interest. 

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

They just setup the presser. Photos of girls and one that is covered. I'd imagine the one that is covered has to be a photo of someone or person of interest. 

They had that one photo that they found on one of the girls phone.  They also had a recording you could here from the suspect telling them to go down the hill.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Well, that was less than impressive.

To me calling the person out is a tactic that usually works. If they suggest they might have spoken with them or someone close to them and all of a sudden someone disappears or leaves their normal pattern (or area) it's usually a tell and an easy for police to follow. If the person of interest all of sudden changes their normal routine after 2 years they can start narrowing things down.

To me anything we can do to keep this case on peoples minds is a win. With the new sketch my guess is they've probably received 100's of it looks like this guy since Noon. Hopefully it works.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

To me calling the person out is a tactic that usually works. If they suggest they might have spoken with them or someone close to them and all of a sudden someone disappears or leaves their normal pattern (or area) it's usually a tell and an easy for police to follow. If the person of interest all of sudden changes their normal routine after 2 years they can start narrowing things down.

To me anything we can do to keep this case on peoples minds is a win. With the new sketch my guess is they've probably received 100's of it looks like this guy since Noon. Hopefully it works.

True.  Thanks for calming me down.

9 hours ago, rico said:

True.  Thanks for calming me down.

I was expecting some real breaking news. I love this strategy  and listening to the exact wording I do believe this person is not some drifter or a career criminal per se but someone that has a profession career and a family. Still such a tragic story and I hope and pray he is captured.