IU @ Maryland Game Thread

KDB

2 minutes ago, rico said:

McBob and Fitz serve no purpose.

The way we want to play defense we just can’t deploy them much...especially Fitz. It’s why I think we have seen the recruiting go the way we have...Franklin over Newman and maybe not offering a guy like  Leal who may not have the foot speed to cover the way Archie wants. I think it’s fair to say Archie values defense and length and athleticism over ahooting....probably figuring the shooting will come in time. That said I would much rather play Damezi right now over Mcrob...guess he just trusts the senior to not make a mistake over the frosh but honestly doesn’t do a whole lot more.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Think Archie wins the half time adjustments, but Maryland was starting to execute

Yes...look for them to have a cutter when we double...we won’t keep getting away with that. You send a cutter then the guy that’s man is helping down rotates and replaces the cutter. Wide open jumper all night.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The way we want to play defense we just can’t deploy them much...especially Fitz. It’s why I think we have seen the recruiting go the way we have...Franklin over Newman and maybe not offering a guy like  Leal who may not have the foot speed to cover the way Archie wants. I think it’s fair to say Archie values defense and length and athleticism over ahooting....probably figuring the shooting will come in time. That said I would much rather play Damezi right now over Mcrob...guess he just trusts the senior to not make a mistake over the frosh but honestly doesn’t do a whole lot more.

Meh, they both are offensively challenged.  Clif and Damezi should be getting minutes.  And where is Jake?

Archived