Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!

KDB

IU @ Maryland Game Thread

Good close in last minute. 3 and a stop to not squander our first half gains. Let’s start strong in the second and put this away.

It might be good that they put a little run on us, maybe it will bring some urgency during halftime.  We have been a second half team, will be very interesting to see if we can put a whole game together and repeat the intensity to start the second half.

• Like 2

Stop that penetration from Cowan and we will be ok. Fitz just can’t get there to help. He can’t be on the floor if Fernando is. He is too slow to help and recover...keeps our guards out of position to close on those 3s for too long. I would let Davis guard him straight up and only double with fleet of foot Justin or have a guard crash down.

• Like 1

I don't know what Justin's dad was complaining about.....Justin has played almost the entire half and has shot the ball for 6 pts, but not enough......Im sure you all saw Archie cheerimg him on and also telling him to shoot the ball!

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Stop that penetration from Cowan and we will be ok. Fitz just can’t get there to help. He can’t be on the floor if Fernando is. He is too slow to help and recover...keeps our guards out of position to close on those 3s for too long. I would let Davis guard him straight up and only double with fleet of foot Justin or have a guard crash down.

Green’s D, never been a fan. Beat time after time to the bucket. 

Edited by kyhoosier29

Normally don't suggest but we have to protect Morgan in the first 5-7 minutes of 2nd. Can't let him get a cheap 3rd. 

Just now, Drroogh said:

Think Archie wins the half time adjustments, but Maryland was starting to execute

I don’t think Maryland will carry the momentum into the start of the second half. Their little spurt came with Juwan on the bench.