Peter Jurkin , & Other Former IU players news UPDATES !!

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

It may be a human reaction to feel like Grant did, but to go to the press about it is trashy. Find any other kids, all of whom had more room for feeling slighted, that said anything negative on their way out? Its unheard of. 

My disengenious comment wasn't about standing up for kids from the Region; it was the comment about how he wore the Candy Stripes and that means you care. You have no problem knocking guys who were complete class acts at IU but chose to go to the NBA so it cant be just about wearing the Candy Stripes.

Apples and oranges. To me there is a big difference between a kid who told reporters and IU, who came to him that he wanted to remain a Hoosier, but got cut anyway.  As opposed to those who left early, of their own volition. I don't view wanting to stay a Hoosier as in Grant's case as not caring.  Actually just the opposite.  There are literally hundreds of kids, each and every year, that transfer schools, without being cut. That was not the case for Grant.In fact, after doing another search all I found were interviews of Grant, where it was like a broken record.... all he wanted to do was work hard to get better. 

Here's just one :

Grant Gelon previews Indiana basketball season 

One reason, I love Eric Gordan, is that he could have left early.  But stayed.  That's caring for the Candy Stripes as well as Grant telling the IU staff he wanted to stay as well, as far as I am concerned. 

One other thing about Hoosiers leaving early for the NBA.  Once they leave, I tend not to talk about them.  WIth the exception, of Noah.  Who I thought was a selfish player, constantly driving into double and triple teams, forcing balls up, and never looking for the open man.  Plus the fact that he gave up on the team, even before the season ended, in order not  to harm his draft chances, should he have gotten a major injury .  I admit... to trashing Noah.  And I have no qualms about it.  He was at IU for himself, not for IU, unlike Gordon.  You've never heard me say anything about Cody.  Though at times , I have mentioned Cody, after he left.... but always positively as to when he wore the Candy Stripes.

OAD's are another story.  Many of the kids we had that left early were not considered locked OAD's when they first came to IU.  Romeo is probably one guy who leaves IU early, even if he makes it to his Sophomore year, who won't bother me, if he does leave early.  In fact, I would be appreciative if he makes it through a Sophomore season.

Hey.... in the end.  It's all good. I have my thoughts.  You have yours.  It's great that we have this forum in which to express our thoughts. 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Gelon wanted to be part of the Hoosier family then I’m sure he could’ve been a basketball manager. The fact of the matter is, he should never have been offered, and him being offered is a product of how bad times were in the state of Indiana with regard to recruiting and Tom Crean. 

13 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

If Gelon wanted to be part of the Hoosier family then I’m sure he could’ve been a basketball manager. The fact of the matter is, he should never have been offered, and him being offered is a product of how bad times were in the state of Indiana with regard to recruiting and Tom Crean. 

I think Grant wanted to be a part of the family, as a player, rather than a manager.  And why he chose to transfer, after getting cut. So he could play. I know we have had managers go from managing to playing in the past. However, strictly from a pride aspect, I would think it would be difficult to go from playing to managing.  I do agree, his being offered was a signal as to where the program was heading at the time.  Combine the status of recruiting, with the records, and the Academic Scores trending down, annually for three seasons, gave Mr. Glass enough ammunition to fire Crean. And that's what we are aware of. Wonder if there was more.   Program was not heading in an upward trajectory. 

8 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I think Grant wanted to be a part of the family, as a player, rather than a manager.  And why he chose to transfer, after getting cut. So he could play. I know we have had managers go from managing to playing in the past. However, strictly from a pride aspect, I would think it would be difficult to go from playing to managing.  I do agree, his being offered was a signal as to where the program was heading at the time.  Combine the status of recruiting, with the records, and the Academic Scores trending down, annually for three seasons, gave Mr. Glass enough ammunition to fire Crean. And that's what we are aware of. Wonder if there was more.   Program was not heading in an upward trajectory. 

There was more. Our APR score for the ‘16-17 season recently came out and it was lower for the 3rd staight year. I can’t remember what the exact score was, but I believe it was in the low 900s, which - there is no sugar coating it-  abysmal.

8 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

There was more. Our APR score for the ‘16-17 season recently came out and it was lower for the 3rd staight year. I can’t remember what the exact score was, but I believe it was in the low 900s, which - there is no sugar coating it-  abysmal.

APR score for Crean's last year was 920.  You are correct.  Not good at all.

29 minutes ago, hoosier10 said:

So you don’t like Eric Gordon?  Sorry, but your posts can be confusing to us lesser minds.

What he is saying and more of us think this way is that we like Gordan but we would not put them in the same category as players like Alford and Cheaney who stayed 4 years.

37 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What he is saying and more of us think this way is that we like Gordan but we would not put them in the same category as players like Alford and Cheaney who stayed 4 years.

Thank you interpreter Scott, but further down the post I was referring to Mile says Noah,  “was at IU for himself, not for IU, unlike Gordon.”   He then responds to my post that it was sarcasm in regards to Gordon, so it seems that he doesn’t like Gordon.  Seems like the claim of sarcasm was a cop out for screwing up facts. Who knows though, Mile’s posts are sometimes like interpreting another language.  I think he’s deep into that mile high cash crop- no judgment, I love the stuff🔥🔥.

Also, I swear it’s Gordon not Gordan.  If you can’t spell a former Hoosier’s name right, your opinion of him or where you rank his legacy means nothing to me.

42 minutes ago, hoosier10 said:

Thank you interpreter Scott, but further down the post I was referring to Mile says Noah,  “was at IU for himself, not for IU, unlike Gordon.”   He then responds to my post that it was sarcasm in regards to Gordon, so it seems that he doesn’t like Gordon.  Seems like the claim of sarcasm was a cop out for screwing up facts. Who knows though, Mile’s posts are sometimes like interpreting another language.  I think he’s deep into that mile high cash crop- no judgment, I love the stuff🔥🔥.

Also, I swear it’s Gordon not Gordan.  If you can’t spell a former Hoosier’s name right, your opinion of him or where you rank his legacy means nothing to me.

But, can you spell Haris Mujezinovic?

Archived