Indiana Maryland POST GAME

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

He was actually a ghost in the second half until it was too late. 

The lack of competitiveness, mental toughness, whatever you want to call it, during the first 10 minutes or so of the second half was alarming.  I thought this group was mentally tougher than that.  That was pure self destruction.  

4 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

Some of these guys not named Juwan or Romeo need to really improve or we are a 12 loss fringe tourney team with early exit.  

This...someone HAS to get on board. We can’t expect 2 guys to carry us every game. Fitzner is the weakest player on the team and is clueless. He should not be playing in the big10

Here's where I am. So frustrating to have that big of a lead and not have the ability to close. Guess IU is a program where we constantly make excuses as to why we don't win. Maybe it's the kids. Maybe it's the parents. Maybe the whole operation. Here's what I know. 14 point leads vs 5th place teams are never losses. Pathetic. 

Phenomenal defense in that first half. Obviously not the case in the second half. Rebounding was a disaster, Smith's foul trouble hurt, surprised we didn't see more Davis or Moore alongside of Morgan instead of Fitzner. I like a lot of things about Devonte Green but I would be thrilled to never see him shoot another floater.

Positive takeaway - when Romeo makes threes, he is basically unguardable.

2 minutes ago, Milehi Fan said:

SSDD.  How does Fitz get so much playing time?  Someone please explain what he brings to the team.  Height?

In theory he brings floor spacing and lets Juwan play down low where he's most effective. But his performance in that Marquette game feels like a long time ago, he's been a net negative for a while now.

Archived