Indiana Maryland POST GAME

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

Ugh. 

Just got home from taking my son out for his birthday before he goes back to college so I missed the game.  We kept track of the game and the first time it was 25-11 and saw that they crept back slowly. So it seems like the only reason we lost was rebounding.  Just wondering what happen that let Maryland come back so easily/

Reality check. Maryland is a good team and tough to beat a good team on their home court. Unless you are a top ten team you probably do not beat Maryland at home. We are still top 25 team. Get healthy and more experienced and we can still be very good by end of year. 

Well I’m not usually the most positive guy on here but even with our last two close games on the road,  I’m impressed with some of our better guys. I think we get healthy and Romeo can shoot from the outside and becomes a little more selfish, we going to win some games.

that bing said, our rebounding will have to improve!

15 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I'd rather we just got blown out.  Lose to Nebraska and I predict we miss the dance.

Why would you rather get blown out because that shows you are not good enough to compete.  If we got blown out you would be the first one on here complaining how we were not prepared to play.

Tough loss!

We're still the walking wounded and lose by 3 at Maryland.  Healthy we would/should have won.  Loss simply due to injuries and short bench.  RP, McBob,and DD still playing rusty and/or injured. Fitz simply cannot play in this system.  Not quick nor strong enough for defense and no offense.  Would like to see DA and Moore get his minutes rest of season.  RL made some key mistakes on D late in shot clock uncharacteristically.  We will continue to improve if we could just get healthy.

Biggest disappointments:

Fitz-Simply may not have the skill needed for this level play 

DG-Has skill but IQ not.  I fear he is just fool's gold

D lost intensity--VERY DISAPPOINTING

NO BENCH

Biggest Improvement:

Cudos to JS on his continued improvement

On to Nebraska.  Hope for better result.  Go IU!

in a game like this, you have to look at coaching but honestly during the breaks Archie was saying the right things, besides all the injuries and illnesses this game changed when Juwan got his second in the first half and Justin got his third in the second. we really have no bench at this point

13 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

Sorry.  Started this 7 sconds early.  People are complaining about Green or Fitzner but who else aer we going to play?

How about Damezi and Moore?? I love all our kids and their effort...just McRoberts and Fitz are clearly not B1G caliber players and shouldn’t be playing. I don’t care if they are seniors. And Green is either great or horrible...so hard to keep him out there. You have to play him in spurts and not expose us to long stretches where he gets shot happy. Sad but upper class man failed us tonight...Romeo, Al, and Smith played well!

Injuries have killed any chance to have a deep bench. We have to get Romeo more involved for longer periods of time. He can't wait until it's to late to take over the game. I think once we get healthy we go on a run and win 6 or 7 in a row . I think this is on coaching staff as much as players. 

9 minutes ago, Shooter said:

Phenomenal defense in that first half. Obviously not the case in the second half. Rebounding was a disaster, Smith's foul trouble hurt, surprised we didn't see more Davis or Moore alongside of Morgan instead of Fitzner. I like a lot of things about Devonte Green but I would be thrilled to never see him shoot another floater.

Positive takeaway - when Romeo makes threes, he is basically unguardable.

Just heard Archie talk about Smith and his foul trouble really hurt because with him on the floor we were a +22

17 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I'd rather we just got blown out.  Lose to Nebraska and I predict we miss the dance.

Man at every turn you take such an overly pessimistic view. That would put us at 12-5 and 3-3 in the best conference in the county this year. Pencils down, we would still be in the tourney if the season ended with Nebraska putting aside any room for improvement.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just got home from taking my son out for his birthday before he goes back to college so I missed the game.  We kept track of the game and the first time it was 25-11 and saw that they crept back slowly. So it seems like the only reason we lost was rebounding.  Just wondering what happen that let Maryland come back so easily/

2nd Chance points and they had a stretch we went 0-9 and they hit like 6 straight shots half being 3s. Too many times guys like Fitz and Green taking horrible shots. Justin in foul trouble and I’m going to say it now....he is our best defender and it showed tonight we looked terrible without him on thevfloor.

15 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

He was actually a ghost in the second half until it was too late. 

I'm really curious as to what the reason is when Romeo disappears for long stretches.  Is it him being passive, or is it Archie wanting him to be a decoy.  The way this game turned out, if Romeo would have turned on the turbocharger 3-4 minutes earlier, we would have likely won.

Archived