Indiana Maryland POST GAME

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just heard Archie talk about Smith and his foul trouble really hurt because with him on the floor we were a +22

A lot of that is Archie's fault for who he's putting in the game as a substitute.

That said, If Justin would have scored those 59 points I predicted, we would have won. :coffee:

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Crazy how our biggest weaknesses have been fixed and yet we lost both games.

Well when you are without some players and trying to bring other injured players back it really hurts the team.  If you are only playing 7 guys your defense will falters at times because of being tired.

Just now, 5fouls said:

A lot of that is Archie's fault for who he's putting in the game as a substitute.

That said, If Justin would have scored those 59 points I predicted, we would have won. :coffee:

Archie said he shouldn't have even tried to play Davis and it was a mistake to play him at all.  That was the reason he said he didn't play him in the second half.

10 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

in a game like this, you have to look at coaching but honestly during the breaks Archie was saying the right things, besides all the injuries and illnesses this game changed when Juwan got his second in the first half and Justin got his third in the second. we really have no bench at this point

Yep...what would this team be with healthy Race and Jerome and Robert and Davis?

I think we have enough data on Green & Fitzner to know that this is what they are.  Fitz is a senior, so there's no reason for him to play and hope he improves - I have to think Moore and Forrester (when healthy) need to get his minutes.  As Rob gets back in shape, that will (hopefully) reduce Green's "impact", but he is still going to get minutes.

Smith has slowly, but surely, begun to be a consistent contributor.  I think Al will too over the rest of the season.

26 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

Sorry.  Started this 7 sconds early.  People are complaining about Green or Fitzner but who else aer we going to play?

For Fitzner... anybody. But realistically, Moore. There is no way he play any worse. Fitzner literally brought nothing. I believe he was a -24. There’s just no reason he sees that much PT

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well when you are without some players and trying to bring other injured players back it really hurts the team.  If you are only playing 7 guys your defense will falters at times because of being tired.

Foul trouble killed us both games. Both teams made runs when key guys went out. I agree we’ve had some terrible matchups out there.

1 minute ago, Zville Hoosier said:

For Fitzner... anybody. But realistically, Moore. There is no way he play any worse. Fitzner literally brought nothing. I believe he was a -24. There’s just no reason he sees that much PT

This.  Moore couldn’t do much worse, and he would gain experience and hopefully some confidence.  I can’t imagine what thoughts go through his head riding the pine all game watching Fitz getting so much PG

Justin was +22. IF He plays more, we win. His defense has really improved. IF We don’t have such a complete meltdown on the 16-0 run. We win. Team was amazing on turnovers and free throws. 1st half Defense was incredible. Romeo started playing like the guy we have seen here in New Albany for 4 years.

i watched the whole game. I am still trying to figure out exactly how we lost. There is so much improvement, but yet we lose. IF this team can get a break with the injuries, and play ONE consistent game, we will be where we need to be.

I have seen a lot of talk about guard play, but I see the glaring weakness of this team as being guarding a big. Zion, Gafford, and now Fernando. Basically, no matter how tough Juwan is, he shouldn’t be guarding a center. And has done so out of necessity.We have been playing a very good forward on these bigs, and although he has been holding his own, teams know to pound it inside. DeRon has bad legs. Fitzner is not a Center, and plays like he never was. Forrester hurt. Clifton not there yet. Roster hole since that Fisher kid transferred down low, imho, with Davis’ injury issues. To quote the much maligned Mike Davis, “help is on the way.” ( TJD)

I can see this team phasing together. This can still be a special team. Just a very frustrating game. If I was 10 years younger, I could see me going Dennis Green or some old school Jim Mora. This was a meltdown kind of a game. Frustrated, but ready to move on. Go IU!!

To me it is such a shame that we haven't seen this team at full strength this year and probably won't the whole season. What makes it so disappointing is that we will probably lose our only two scoring threats after this year so we won't get to see how this team would have done if completely healthy.

Just now, IU Scott said:

To me it is such a same that we haven't seen this team at full strength this year and probably won't the whole season. What makes it so disappointing is that we will probably lose our only two scoring threats after this year so we won't get to see how this team would have done if completely healthy.

Yeah. Honestly Jerome Hunter was going to be that consistent 3rd scorer...he is that one guy that kills us to lose. It would have tightened up the guard rotations with Romeo seeing some time at the two like tonight and could have slid over to the 4 for Justin when he got into foul trouble. Means lot less Fitz and Mcrob...and for us to keep a tighter leash on Green.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I wish a member of the press had the balls to ask Archie why Moore wasn't given a chance considering Davis was gimpy and we were getting abused inside.

I thought I read somewhere on twitter or maybe another board that Moore was sick tonight.  That is the only reason I can think he did not play, esecially with Archie saying earlier in the week that he may get more minutes this game.

1 minute ago, bstall76 said:

I thought I read somewhere on twitter or maybe another board that Moore was sick tonight.  That is the only reason I can think he did not play, esecially with Archie saying earlier in the week that he may get more minutes this game.

I hope so because honestly, if not, it’s a complete head scratcher

Archived