Indiana Maryland POST GAME

20 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Injuries can be an excuse but not every year.  They were maybe last season with Deron out and Hartman gimped and this season with Jerome and Race out.  But it won't be a valid excuse next season no matter what.  It's like Tom Crean consistently getting blasted in the Sweet 16.  Sooner or later it's more than just bad luck.

Wrong. Crean had control over how he had his team play. No way to control injuries.

Not even close to being the same 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Injuries can be an excuse but not every year.  They were maybe last season with Deron out and Hartman gimped and this season with Jerome and Race out.  But it won't be a valid excuse next season no matter what.  It's like Tom Crean consistently getting blasted in the Sweet 16.  Sooner or later it's more than just bad luck.

Right, the problem is it’s an excuse every single year.  Last year it was DeRon and Hartman.  The year before that it was OG.  

You are never going to have an entirely healthy roster for a full season.  This season, three of our starting five haven’t missed a game.  Phinisee and Durham haven’t missed a meaningful game.  The only meaningful game we’ve lost without Green and McBob was the Arkansas game.  Basically, we’ve lost two freshmen depth pieces, and DeRon hasn’t been able to be effective.  That does not justify a disappointing season.

53 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

That is crazy because every season is different and next year if we are without 5 players for most of the year then that would not be an excuse but a fact.

5 minutes ago, MSHoosier said:

Here is what I don't understand. Why is it better for a senior ( i.e. McRob and Fitzner) to play and make mistakes rather than a sophomore. It seems to me that the sophomore  at least has the chance to get better and contribute in the future.

Not sure on McRob. With Fitzner, the best I can determine... we were getting man handled inside. Maybe CAM thought an older guy would have more strength to hold up vs a 19-20 year old. 

Just guessing though 

54 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not sure on McRob. With Fitzner, the best I can determine... we were getting man handled inside. Maybe CAM thought an older guy would have more strength to hold up vs a 19-20 year old. 

Just guessing though 

But that assumes that Fitzner has the strength to bang underneath. Even a casual observer can see now why he lost his starting role at St Mary’s. It can’t be any worse to let the young guys get experience 

3 minutes ago, iufaninand said:

But that assumes that Fitzner has the strength to bang underneath. Even a casual observer can see now why he lost his starting role at St Mary’s. It can’t be any worse to let the young guys get experience 

Understand what you are saying, but then, does that lead to the criticism that CAM  is conceding?

21 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Right, the problem is it’s an excuse every single year.  Last year it was DeRon and Hartman.  The year before that it was OG.  

You are never going to have an entirely healthy roster for a full season.  This season, three of our starting five haven’t missed a game.  Phinisee and Durham haven’t missed a meaningful game.  The only meaningful game we’ve lost without Green and McBob was the Arkansas game.  Basically, we’ve lost two freshmen depth pieces, and DeRon hasn’t been able to be effective.  That does not justify a disappointing season.

I don't know, I think the loss of this guy from every game is probably a pretty big loss.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EdwardKoton15/status/1084272553605165056?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1084272553605165056&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Findiana.rivals.com%2Fnews%2Fhoosier-daily-january-13-2

Now I know we have not seen him play at IU but he was our second highest rated recruit.  Looks like he can shoot.  That would have helped to open the court up a bit.  

The potential for a better scoring Justin Smith maybe?

Archived