Nebraska Pregame Thread

rbkl

After two back to back losses for the first time this season, Indiana looks to get back in the W column at home on Monday night.

Both teams 12-4 on the season and Kenpom predicts a slight edge for Indiana. IU has a 57% chance to win and the predicted score is 73-71. 

• Nebraska has a great starting five, but they are arguably not as deep as even a depleted Indiana team
  • Hope to get Rob Phinisee back to regular form
  • Win is critical as Indiana goes back on the road with games at Purdue and at Northwestern on the docket
  • Cornhuskers have the second most efficient offense in the conference, so Indiana's defense will be tested once again

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When: Monday, 1/14 at 6:30pm ET on FSI

Vegas: IU -1

ESPN: #28 IU vs #14 Nebraska. 57% chance of IU victory with an expected margin of IU +2

KenPom: #24 IU vs #15 Nebraska. 57% chance of IU victory with an expected score of IU 73, Nebraska 71

IU Scouting Report

image.png.4b997fc742ed704a2cf708bb2aa0df68.png

image.png.c43b81a14b57d5046b15c83c75d3d7d8.png

Nebraska Scouting Report

image.png.5b3f8b57c05927db976c16e30868985b.png

image.png.cf9bd3054a420845b66b3b2e38cffa68.png

For the first time this year, our offense is rated higher than our defense. However, Nebraska has a much better rated offense and just a slightly lesser rated defense. We are the better shooting team both from 2 and from 3. Our turnovers have gotten better, inside the top 200, but Nebraska takes care of the ball, ranked 13th in the country. They also shoot free throws better. Crashing the defensive glass is going to be key for IU. Have to limit second chances. Nebraska isn't a great offensive rebounding team, so that should be to our advantage.

Defensively, Nebraska is 8th in the country in field goal percentage allowed. Their advantage comes from 2p defense, which really shouldn't be a problem for us to work around. Both teams are pretty good at forcing turnovers, so we'll need to continue to take care of the ball like we have the past two games. Nebraska's biggest weakness on D is giving up second chances. Smith and Morgan will need to be seeking out offensive rebounds.

James Palmer Jr is their key guy, averaging 20 ppg. They have 3 other guys averaging double figures so they are pretty well-rounded. We will need to limit their sharpshooter, Glynn Watson Jr, who is shooting 42% from three. They also have four other guys shooting above 34% from behind the arc. This is a pretty good offensive team, the defense will have its work cut out for them.

31 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Pegram has a story up, evidently CAM is saying or has said once again that Moore and Forrester may be seeing some minutes.  

The drum beat must be loud enough.  Oh and McBob hasn't scored in his last 146 mins . 

I have heard him say that on the radio pregame show multiple times over the last number of weeks. I will believe him when I see it. 

24 minutes ago, FWIUFan said:

Why CAM is tentative regarding playing Anderson/Forrester/Moore given the lack of production from Fitz and McBob is enigmatic to me to say the least. 

Maybe Nebraska is the turning point in CAM's attitude.

I got my degree from IU.  But I must confess the word..... enigmatic.... was a mystery to me.

Enigmatic.

Enigmatic | Define Enigmatic 

Archived