Nebraska Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This was one of the most disgraceful and embarrassing performances from an IU team that I can remember. I have tried to stay positive but right now there is nothing to be positive about.  We might have to realize that this might be what Indiana basketball has come to and it will never get back to being an elite program.  It has sunk so low that we are now 4-6-  against Nebraska since they have became a member of the big ten.

I still think it was a huge mistake in not hiring Gregg Marshall because he would have brought a toughness and a hard nose style of basketball that Indiana fans love.  right now this team is so soft and have no heart or enthusiasm for the game.  They don't seem to be enjoying playing the game and don't ever show any excitement.

Gregg Marshall, who has a team at 7-8 after losing 4 straight? 

I really think we could have been a top 10 team this year without the injuries. As it is, we have no quality depth. Hard Hat nailed it- no size, shooting. Hunter would have gave us shooting and size. Fitzner is not the answer so I hope we can see more of Moore to at least get him some experience for next year.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

I will say this.  Juwan had an off night. So many close in shots did not go his way.  And I am not going to hold it against him.  Blank, happens. 

This team needs a "players only" meeting and find a way to restart this season. It sure can't hurt....the Colts did it after going 1-5....

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This was one of the most disgraceful and embarrassing performances from an IU team that I can remember. I have tried to stay positive but right now there is nothing to be positive about.  We might have to realize that this might be what Indiana basketball has come to and it will never get back to being an elite program.  It has sunk so low that we are now 4-6-  against Nebraska since they have became a member of the big ten.

I still think it was a huge mistake in not hiring Gregg Marshall because he would have brought a toughness and a hard nose style of basketball that Indiana fans love.  right now this team is so soft and have no heart or enthusiasm for the game.  They don't seem to be enjoying playing the game and don't ever show any excitement.

Actually the biggest mistake in the recent history of IU basketball was holding onto Crean 2 seasons too long and not going all in on Brad Stevens when we had the chance.  

3 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

Actually the biggest mistake in the recent history of IU basketball was holding onto Crean 2 seasons too long and not going all in on Brad Stevens when we had the chance.  

Brad Stevens has lost two games in a row to bottom feeding teams.  :coffee:

As much as I don’t want to admit it, we’re  just not a good team.  There were so many times tonight when JS and McBob had open three’s and just didn’t take them.  The epitome of tonight’s game happened in the first half when JS threw a poor pass, got it stolen, and three of our guys jogged back, while NU missed the layup but hit a putback slam.

The times we play McBob,  Fitzner and Green together absolutely kill us.  We lack any sort of outside shooting threat.  I’m all for Moore and Anderson playing at this point in time.  Something has to change.

Archived