Nebraska Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Normally teams that have not been descimated by injury after injury as has IU this year, start coming into their own, by this time of year.  Coaches have had the opportunity to figure out rotations, etc.  Arch has not had that luxury.  You all saw tonight that he is still working on it, while other coaches like Miles, have had the luxury to figure it out.

Arch has done a great job with guys out.  Now... it's time to give him a break, as he tries to figure out how to work the injured back into a viable rotation.

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

I know defense is important but how well can Archie continue to recruit if we start losing with an offense as bad as this one? All the teams that do well in the tournament can score points. Why can’t our guys get open?

I've started a thread to discuss our offensive system and philosophy.   I think 2 people responded and it flared off.  No one can answer the question because 1.5 seasons in we still can't tell where this is going.  

Totally embarrassing.  We’ve seen some defensive improvement since Archie got here, but the offense is so atrocious that I’m starting to wonder whether the coaching change has been a net positive as far as in-game coaching goes.  Not sure this offensive system will ever work in the big leagues.  Obviously Archie has done a much better job recruiting, but honestly, I think Crean would be winning more with this roster.

We’re wasting a generational talent on a bubble team... and like 5fouls alluded to, we’re probably going to be worse next year.  That’s hard to swallow.  Wonder if Archie called Tim Miles “Daddy” in the handshake line?

4 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

I've started a thread to discuss our offensive system and philosophy.   I think 2 people responded and it flared off.  No one can answer the question because 1.5 seasons in we still can't tell where this is going.  

We are 2 years away from knowing. We have no shooters.

I am as ticked as anybody.  However, it seems like there's a lot of overreacting going on right now. Let this play out over the next few games.  One things for sure, with Romeo, I definitely thought we'd be in a better place.  Two more games and we'll know where this team is at.  My first impression at this point and time is an overall soft team, both physically and mentally.

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Normally teams that have not been descimated by injury after injury as has IU this year, start coming into their own, by this time of year.  Coaches have had the opportunity to figure out rotations, etc.  Arch has not had that luxury.  You all saw tonight that he is still working on it, while other coaches like Miles, have had the luxury to figure it out.

Arch has done a great job with guys out.  Now... it's time to give him a break, as he tries to figure out how to work the injured back into a viable rotation.

While I respect you a ton, I could not disagree more with this post

2 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I was thinking this tonight.  I said to my wife time to ditch the Crean recruits and play the ones Archie brought in.  Most of the ones that drive me crazy Archie did not recruit.  

.......I know, right, ....iuthruandthru?

Many of our complaining fans (who are wielding pitchforks and torches) should REALLY take notice of the Crean recruited players vs. Miller recruited players. I feel you will quickly be suprised as to how many "Crean recruited" players, currently on this team, who are the majority of our frustrations. Granted, Archie is the head coach, but sometimes non-recruited players never buy in....

16 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I really think we could have been a top 10 team this year without the injuries. As it is, we have no quality depth. Hard Hat nailed it- no size, shooting. Hunter would have gave us shooting and size. Fitzner is not the answer so I hope we can see more of Moore to at least get him some experience for next year.

Have to agree, this season is completely different without the unprecedented illnesses of Hunter! 

2 minutes ago, HoosierWATT said:

I am as ticked as anybody.  However, it seems like there's a lot of overreacting going on right now. Let this play out over the next few games.  One things for sure, with Romeo, I definitely thought we'd be in a better place.  Two more games and we'll know where this team is at.  My first impression at this point and time is an overall soft team, both physically and mentally.

welcome to the forum.

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

If he hasn’t figured out Fitz shouldn’t be playing then god help us

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Many of our complaining fans (who are wielding pitchforks and torches) should REALLY take notice of the Crean recruited players vs. Miller recruited players. I feel you will quickly be suprised as to how many "Crean recruited" players, currently on this team, who are the majority of our frustrations. Granted, Archie is the head coach, but sometimes non-recruited players never buy in....

No, a majority of my frustration is why Damezi and Jake don't see the floor.

Archie will figure it out. The one thing that bums me out is the apparent waste of a rare recruit like Romeo. Hopefully we will see more of these level players coming in, but to not have much to show for this season(this is still to be determined) with a "program-changing" recruit stings.  Maybe his value will not be what he does on the court, but that he started a trend of top players choosing IU.  I am sorry that many of you are so angry and frustrated, and have been for so long.  I choose to believe better days are ahead, and that we do have the pieces in place for prolonged success.  Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I like Archie and by no means am I ready to write him off.  I think the future is bright if he keeps up this recruiting.  But I will say it is on the coach to ensure roster cohesion.  I dont buy this excuse.  

That effort at home was terrible, no doubt about it. We need to bounce back quickly and it won't be easy with the games we have coming up.

That said - Nebraska is pretty good. They were projected as a 6 seed in the NCAAT before tonight's game, same as us. They are #15 on KenPom. This game was never a gimme.

3 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

They are who they are no matter who the coach is. Good Athletes, soft players ,that can't shoot. Crean loved those type players in the end.

9 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Yes, we can hardly expect IU to hang with mighty Nebraska at home when we’re missing the great Al Durham and two freshmen rotation players who have never played a meaningful minute for IU.

The injury excuse is total BS at this point.

Archived