Nebraska Postgame Thread

KDB

15 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Oh Im sure he did today.  This is a man who's had to sit around for a F'ing year with a 9-9 record in this F'ing league.  This man isn't here to F around this week.  He's F'ing tired of losing to Purdue.  If we don't play up their on Saturday our guys won't believe the next 4 F'ing days.  Archie had to sit around for a F'ing year with a 9-9 record in this F'ing league and our guys had better not put him in that F'ing position again.  Or they're gonna pay for it like they can't F'ing believe.  They'd better get their head out of their ass.

Is this a copy and paste from the other board?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Clearly, to me at least, De'Ron was ready to come back.  As cronicalled by our great friend TDH, in this video :

De'Ron Davis Making Progress for Indiana 

I believe the reason Coach was easing him into the line up was due to conditioning issues, not injury issues. 

Let's not conflate injuries to De'Ron that happened after he came back from the surgery.

I would tell you that’s part of coming back and being fully ready.  I respect your opinion but I think this injury was worth holding him out longer.  Unfortunately I also think Race and other injuries would have and did derail that to some degree.

1 minute ago, iuthruandthru said:

I would tell you that’s part of coming back and being fully ready.  I respect your opinion but I think this injury was worth holding him out longer.  Unfortunately I also think Race and other injuries would have and did derail that to some degree.

The part about being fully ready.... he was physically.  But remember, he was not able to work out like the rest of the team in the summer due to his surgery.  That is what set him back conditioning wise. If there is a fault in all of this... it is De'Ron's willingness to recover from his injury, much much faster than many of us, including myself ever thought would have been possible.  I honestly thought last summer, that he would be lost for this season.  Shocked when he returned.

Also, I highly agree with you that recent injuries to other players have been a factor in Archie wanting/needing to play De'Ron with his most recent ankle injury. As stated before, coaches do make mistakes. 

And additional thought after reading this thread.  One of my biggest issues with Crean was not adjusting to his players skills especially early in those first years.  So it sounds like similar to Crean we are being asked to let Archie force his system into the players as giving up wins bows betters the team in the long run.  Please don’t take this as a criticism of Archie, I like him overall and think we need a few more years to truly assess where we are at.  I am just pointing out I see parallels.  I stated in I would like to see Archie play players that will play the way he wants and if we don’t have them I guess we lose and recruit and practice the ones we have to get there within the system.

However on the flip side I also wonder, if Archie is going to hopefully grab multiple five stars each year does coach K and those freshman buy in to culture?  Does a guy like Zion just show up and do his thing and coach K works with how their game makes sense?  Or do they come in and use their skills in the system and culture he has established all these years?  I ask this simply as wondering Archie has never had top level talent to coach like he seems to be attracting.  Does that also dictate a change in style and allowing for more flexibility dictated by the talent you are bringing in?

52 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Oh Im sure he did today.  This is a man who's had to sit around for a F'ing year with a 9-9 record in this F'ing league.  This man isn't here to F around this week.  He's F'ing tired of losing to Purdue.  If we don't play up their on Saturday our guys won't believe the next 4 F'ing days.  Archie had to sit around for a F'ing year with a 9-9 record in this F'ing league and our guys had better not put him in that F'ing position again.  Or they're gonna pay for it like they can't F'ing believe.  They'd better get their head out of their ass.

Omg...this was awesome..😂

14 minutes ago, Rogermci said:

Hey Mile, were you at the Rose Bowl in 1968 for IU game?

Thanks for asking.

No. Though many of my closest friends flew out for the game.  I chose to stay home... and make money, rather than spend it.  US Steel, the local newspaper... and helping out in my dad's store.

14 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Now there is a blast from the past

I am not knocking CAM he is our coach and with these guys everyday so he knows who deserves. Right now as an observer I dont see us utilizing our strengths. This team  IMO is built to run. The old man down the road as a BA 69 Camaro that sounds like heaven looks beyond imagine and every once in a while he takes it a little drive to keep it loose but it is dying to just cut loose. 

My guess is lack of depth is the concern but you just picture this team with 4 or 5 of our starters running the floor attacking the rim etc. I love that image.  Most nights we have better players and better athletes than our opponent  but we walk it up run our offense allow teams to pack it in and dare us to hit a 3. As a coach I find transition 3's are so much easier to hit draw defense in hit a trail man or swing opposite in rhythm.  

The offense to me is painful to watch. 

Just my 2 cents now let's kick some Toiletmeker Butt

On 1/14/2019 at 8:51 PM, Reacher said:

I'll still watch. Just may have to drink a little more :cheers:

I will still follow them, but I think 2 decades of looking for some semblance advancement is not unreasonable.

Although, upon having a couple of days now to reflect, I can see that injuries have caused our best players to play more than they should.

I am not abandoning the Hoosiers, yet, but I am getting to that point!

1 hour ago, greg haggard said:

I will still follow them, but I think 2 decades of looking for some semblance advancement is not unreasonable.

Although, upon having a couple of days now to reflect, I can see that injuries have caused our best players to play more than they should.

I am not abandoning the Hoosiers, yet, but I am getting to that point!

I've been following for a couple decades as well. Through thick and thin. Hang in there. Better times ahead!

On 1/15/2019 at 11:05 AM, IU Scott said:

Our 81 championship team was about the same going 7-5 in the non conference season.  He finally let Isiah lose and went on a great run to the championship but I don't see this IU team having the same personal as these teams we mentioned.

I fear you're right. As the season moves on, the impact of the supporting cast seems to be diminishing. 

On 1/15/2019 at 6:30 PM, hoosiertildeath said:

I wonder what IU Fans would be saying if Archie had a  healthy Jerome Hunter and Race Thompson from day one of this season ??????

Excuses excuses, none of us even know how good those 2 are. If they play at the same level they did on Monday this next game will get really ugly.

Archived