2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rico said:

If the Reds traded Senzel in a deal involving Kluber, 20 years from now we would be talking about it as one of the worst trades in MLB history.  Senzel is going to be a star.  Kluber is 33 years old.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

If the Reds traded Senzel in a deal involving Kluber, 20 years from now we would be talking about it as one of the worst trades in MLB history.  Senzel is going to be a star.  Kluber is 33 years old.

I would trade Senzel before Trammel because I think Senzel ceiling is Rendon from the Nationals.  Senzel has not been able to stay healthy and he keeps having bought of Vertigo so you never know how much availability you will have with him. 

41 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would trade Senzel before Trammel because I think Senzel ceiling is Rendon from the Nationals.  Senzel has not been able to stay healthy and he keeps having bought of Vertigo so you never know how much availability you will have with him. 

I would take 10-15 years of Rendon's stat line.  

Reds Hall of Fame announcer Marty Brenneman to retire at the end of the year.  I'm going to miss him and I'm not.  Grew up loving to listen to him and Joe Nuxhall.  Now, with the proliferation of games on TV, I rarely listen to the radio any longer.  But, when I do, it seems that Marty has become too critical and/or cynical in his later years.

36 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Reds Hall of Fame announcer Marty Brenneman to retire at the end of the year.  I'm going to miss him and I'm not.  Grew up loving to listen to him and Joe Nuxhall.  Now, with the proliferation of games on TV, I rarely listen to the radio any longer.  But, when I do, it seems that Marty has become too critical and/or cynical in his later years.

"And this one belongs to the Reds."

Another icon from my childhood.  

And then into my adulthood.

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I dont listen as much as I used to but none the less another sign of my youth passing. Growing up 30 miles from Cincy. Marty and the old left hander were everything to me 

And let's go to the "banana phone".

4 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I dont listen as much as I used to but none the less another sign of my youth passing. Growing up 30 miles from Cincy. Marty and the old left hander were everything to me 

As an 8-14 year old boy there was many a night I fell asleep with the radio on in the bedroom.  Making it through a West Coast game was a personal badge of honor.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

As an 8-14 year old boy there was many a night I fell asleep with the radio on in the bedroom.  Making it through a West Coast game was a personal badge of honor.

Same with me especially since in the Indy area we only got around 30-40 Reds games a year on TV.

7 hours ago, rico said:

Reports are that the Yanks and Reds have agreed to a deal involving Sonny Gray.  Reports say the Yanks will get Shed Long.

I just can't believe how any fans are against this trade on the Reds message boards.  Some just value the prospects and draft picks over proven MLB players.  Especially in  baseball most of those prospects never pan out so I am always in favor of getting proven MLB players.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just can't believe how any fans are against this trade on the Reds message boards.  Some just value the prospects and draft picks over proven MLB players.  Especially in  baseball most of those prospects never pan out so I am always in favor of getting proven MLB players.

I know. I think is a fine trade.  Long is blocked regardless because of Senzel.  

22 hours ago, rico said:

I know. I think is a fine trade.  Long is blocked regardless because of Senzel.  

Guess trade still not finalized due to the fact that the Reds are trying to work out an extension with Gray.  They have until tomorrow after noon to reach agreement or the trade could be off.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Now if we can get a good CF we should be set for soring training.  I would like to see us go after Pollock from Arizona who has still not signed so maybe we could do a 1 or 2 year deal for him.

From what I am hearing they very well could play Senzel in CF....which would make the outfield more crowded than what it already is.  Schebler can play CF as well.  I am just curious what they are going to do with Kemp.  If you got Puig in right, Senzel in center, you have to think that Winker would move to left.  The Reds have problems, but it is refreshing that they are good problems to have.

Just now, rico said:

From what I am hearing they very well could play Senzel in CF....which would make the outfield more crowded than what it already is.  Schebler can play CF as well.  I am just curious what they are going to do with Kemp.  If you got Puig in right, Senzel in center, you have to think that Winker would move to left.  The Reds have problems, but it is refreshing that they are good problems to have.

I think Senzel should start in AAA because he still has not stayed healthy enough to play a full year in the minors.  Also from what I read that when he played the OF it was not that good.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think Senzel should start in AAA because he still has not stayed healthy enough to play a full year in the minors.  Also from what I read that when he played the OF it was not that good.

To my knowledge all his injuries occurred last year......3 of them.  He needs to be on the opening day roster.

Reds fans just have to accept that whoever they put in Center Field is not going to be Billy Hamilton on the defensive side of things.  But, hopefully, the offensive upgrade more than offsets that.

I personally hope Senzel gets first shot.  

Does anyone know if Kemp has any experience at first base?  Could he potentially give Votto a day off against tough lefties, or be a late inning replacement if they pinch run for Votto?

Archived