2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

It's early, but it's cool to see teams like the Rays and Mariners off to such great starts.  

As for the Rays, they really got a steal when they traded Archer to the Pirates.  Glasnow/Meadows/Baz .

The Mariners were solid last year,but I didn't know if it would carry over to this year.  But keep in mind they got Jay Bruce now, I think!!!!

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Real live spit take just occurred. Not sure why that struck me so funny.

HTD is a Dodger fan......adds fuel to the fire that Boiler pulls for the Cards.  Funny take as I was listening to the Cubs game last night as they were talking about the Cards/Dodgers all-time series.  I can't remember all the details but they have been playing each other since before 1900.  With the win yesterday, the Cards took a 1 game lead head-to-head.  Pretty amazing.

15 minutes ago, rico said:

HTD is a Dodger fan......adds fuel to the fire that Boiler pulls for the Cards.  Funny take as I was listening to the Cubs game last night as they were talking about the Cards/Dodgers all-time series.  I can't remember all the details but they have been playing each other since before 1900.  With the win yesterday, the Cards took a 1 game lead head-to-head.  Pretty amazing.

That's impressive.  I am visualize him yelling that Mucker and his Smellermakers and Now the Mucking Fartinals  get this guy off our board

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

That's impressive.  I am visualize him yelling that Mucker and his Smellermakers and Now the Mucking Fartinals  get this guy off our board

He normally pretty quiet, until he wants the Dodger manager fired.  Oh, HTD and his beloved Duck Dodgers in the 21 century.

On 4/11/2019 at 10:57 AM, rico said:

Who is this Whit Merrifield from KC?  31 game hitting streak.

With pitching as it is in this era, long hitting streaks are more impressive than ever.  I would bet no one will ever beat 56 games.  I feel safe saying I won't see it happen.

Also, yay White Sox.  They did something.

15 minutes ago, PoHoosier said:

With pitching as it is in this era, long hitting streaks are more impressive than ever.  I would bet no one will ever beat 56 games.  I feel safe saying I won't see it happen.

Also, yay White Sox.  They did something.

Kind of funny when you think about it.  We got a guy that has a nice hitting streak and at the same time a guy that can't buy a hit.  Irony at it's finest.

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Break up da Redlegs!

Some beach, where is Boiler when you really need him?  And the Deadbirds fall to the "Little Red Wagon".  Team ERA drops....yet again.  And where is Scott?  Winker is heating up.

1 minute ago, rico said:

Some beach, where is Boiler when you really need him?  And the Deadbirds fall to the "Little Red Wagon".  Team ERA drops....yet again.  And where is Scott?  Winker is heating up.

Winker is a hitter, plain and simple.  Should not be platooning,

19 minutes ago, rico said:

He has 6 its all year and is still batting under .200 but does have 3 homeruns

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He has 6 its all year and is still batting under .200 but does have 3 homeruns

Hang on there partner. How much did Jesse miss last year due to injury at the end of the season?  Don't be moving the goalposts here.  He is working himself back...give credit where credit is due.  The Reds need to see what he can do for an entire season, which he has not had....yet.

24 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Winker is a hitter.  I'm sure even Babe Ruth had a bad two week stretch at some point in his career.

Well when he was struggling everybody knows he was put in platoon situation.  He pitched every 4th day!!!!!!!!

Wow.  I grew up a Reds fans during the Big Red Machine days and just stumbled into this site. Seems to have a Reds flavor.  Don't know why but was actually optimisitc for them this year.  Didn't take long to come back to reality.   I follow and watch more Ranger games now but the Reds are still number 1 for me.  I made a game last August in GABP.  Still great to go to a game in Cincy. 

1 hour ago, ATX_sig said:

Wow.  I grew up a Reds fans during the Big Red Machine days and just stumbled into this site. Seems to have a Reds flavor.  Don't know why but was actually optimisitc for them this year.  Didn't take long to come back to reality.   I follow and watch more Ranger games now but the Reds are still number 1 for me.  I made a game last August in GABP.  Still great to go to a game in Cincy. 

There's a coincidence. Those are the last two MLB stadiums I've been to as well (kind of). Was at an event at Texas Live in February, but got a first hand look at the new stadium under construction. And my office is 2 blocks from GABP; was at a game there last Thursday.

4 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

So far I think Reds fans outnumber the other fan bases that post in this thread.  We just like to talk baseball.  Don't be a stranger.

Archived