2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Will be at the friendly confines tomorrow cheering on my Redbirds. Hoping for at least 2 out of 3 this weekend. 

Matt Carpenter is single handedly tanking my son's fantasy team.  Can you fix that somehow.  Dude is striking out 2-3 times every game.

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The pitching, both the starters and the pen, after throwing a shoe coming out of th he gate has been phenomenal 

When they are clicking, they are the best team in baseball.  And when they aren't, they are the best team in baseball on paper.

Just saw on MLB network that Hendricks average fast ball today was 88 mph and was still shutout a team.  It shows if you can locate your pitches and keep the batter off balance you can still be a good pitcher in the league.  Can't believe there has been a shutout two days in a row in the MLB and today that is a rarity.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just saw on MLB network that Hendricks average fast ball today was 88 mph and was still shutout a team.  It shows if you can locate your pitches and keep the batter off balance you can still be a good pitcher in the league.  Can't believe there has been a shutout two days in a row in the MLB and today that is a rarity.

Complete game shutouts......that is old school.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So, you’re saying I still have a shot at the majors? 88-56. Pish posh. I could put guys to sleep waiting for my “fastball “ to get to the plate.😝

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

So, you’re saying I still have a shot at the majors? 88-56. Pish posh. I could put guys to sleep waiting for my “fastball “ to get to the plate.😝

Yes and if you are a left hander you would be set.

5 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

But can you paint the corners?

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Well, the Reds scored more than 3 runs tonight.  :coffee:

They found a new way to lose tonight by losing an 8-0 lead.  Votto is now batting .212 with 3 homers and 5 rbi's and still have 4 more years with that terrible contract.  Bad thing is the Dietrich a part time player has 7 home runs and 20 rbi's.

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

And his curve had some major heat at 68-69mph Joe said in post game. Fan friendly nice and tidy shutout under the cold temps. Bullpen is still a concern but very few teams can say they have a better 1-5 starting pitching. 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Just saw the score and couldn't help but think oh boy....11 runs, 8 run lead early.....and still lose.

It sure took a lot of excitement away from Senzel's debut.  And, Sonny Gray was finally getting run support and in line for his first victory of the year.  

These kind of games linger all year.  Team's don't always recover from them.  

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

It sure took a lot of excitement away from Senzel's debut.  And, Sonny Gray was finally getting run support and in line for his first victory of the year.  

These kind of games linger all year.  Team's don't always recover from them.  

And Bell making some stupid moves during the game.  Dietrich was 3-4 with 2 home rums and 6 rbi's but take him out through a double switch in the 7th.  The thing was that they brought in Lorenzen who is a good hitter so they did not have to make a double switch.

12 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I love losing because of a grand slam to a scrub back-up catcher. Wacha sucks. 

I know they had to pitch to Davis but with pitcher on deck I'm surprised he just put the pitch square in the middle of the plate. Most MLB players can drive that one. 

Archived