2019 MLB Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Not happy with Fox Sports Indiana because they are the only station I get that carries the Reds games and yesterday and today they are not showing the Reds.  they are showing the state baseball championships instead because they were rained out over the weekend.  Also over the Weekend they showed a Fever game instead of the Reds and was not happy with that.

You can always turn on the radio and listen to the Brennamans fit in play-by-play between bitching about Cub fans

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You can always turn on the radio and listen to the Brennamans fit in play-by-play between bitching about Cub fans

Thom is on TV and not the radio.  I grew up listening to Marty and really liked him but the last few years he has went downhill.

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Another gem by Cubs starters wasted. Hopefully this funk doesn't last much longer with our bats. Stretch of schedule where tons of winnable games leading up to All Star Break. 

Just what is wrong with Pedro?

1 minute ago, rico said:

Just what is wrong with Pedro?

He's been injured off and on but he's not the second coming that some think he is. He's had a couple good seasons but he's also had several bad ones. Once Kimbrel gets called up I think things will settle into place where he's a 7th/8th inning guy. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

He's been injured off and on but he's not the second coming that some think he is. He's had a couple good seasons but he's also had several bad ones. Once Kimbrel gets called up I think things will settle into place where he's a 7th/8th inning guy. 

The way Pedro has looked over all this year, I hope that when Edwards (10 day IL...Throracic strain...the guy is 6'3" 155 lbs...how much of a thorax does he really have?) comes back, it pushes Strop into a middle role. I trust Knitzler and Cishek way more in late inning roles than Strop.

And isn't it time to stop running Car-Go out there? .194 for the Cubs with 1 dinger in 31 ABs. Christ, bring Zagunis back up. He can top those numbers.

18 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The way Pedro has looked over all this year, I hope that when Edwards (10 day IL...Throracic strain...the guy is 6'3" 155 lbs...how much of a thorax does he really have?) comes back, it pushes Strop into a middle role. I trust Knitzler and Cishek way more in late inning roles than Strop.

And isn't it time to stop running Car-Go out there? .194 for the Cubs with 1 dinger in 31 ABs. Christ, bring Zagunis back up. He can top those numbers.

I think I heard those guys correctly last night. For the month of June Cubs are 26th in offense in baseball. Hahaha.....for all the attention our bullpen gets (rightfully so sometimes) my problem remains squarely on the shoulders of our offense. You can't win in 2019 when you don't score. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think I heard those guys correctly last night. For the month of June Cubs are 26th in offense in baseball. Hahaha.....for all the attention our bullpen gets (rightfully so sometimes) my problem remains squarely on the shoulders of our offense. You can't win in 2019 when you don't score. 

I agree. I found an interesting stat today...

Out of Kyle Schwarber's 16 home runs, 8 have been solo shots, 7 2 run blasts, and 1 3 run homer. 

Time to move him down?

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Out of Kyle Schwarber's 16 home runs, 8 have been solo shots, 7 2 run blasts, and 1 3 run homer. 

Time to move him down?

That's the tough part. He's actually been doing well at lead off but Cubs have to be worst in baseball in steals....we need someone up top to get things moving along. Steal a base, hit and run...try anything to get this offense going. 

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Time to move him down?

Quick question...what is his BA and OBP in the lead-off spot?

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Max Kepler, who didn't start last night for the Twins, ties the game up in the 8th with a single, ties it again in the 13th with a home run, and wins the game with a walk-off hit in the 17th over the Bosox.

Not a bad night for a guy expecting to get some rest.

Max is a fine player, glad to see his BA up this year.

12 minutes ago, rico said:

Quick question...what is his BA and OBP in the lead-off spot?

I don't have current numbers. These are some of them as of June 11th. In 24 games hitting leadoff this season, Kyle Schwarber has a .342 OBP and .917 OPS....in his last 7 games since he's batting 5-21, no walks, 3 dongs, 6 rbi and .238 average. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't have current numbers. These are some of them as of June 11th. In 24 games hitting leadoff this season, Kyle Schwarber has a .342 OBP and .917 OPS....in his last 7 games since he's batting 5-21, no walks, 3 dongs, 6 rbi and .238 average. 

That OBP is fine and that OPS is outstanding.

Just now, rico said:

That OBP is fine and that OPS is outstanding.

Yep. He's performed well. Something has to change or maybe Cubs are just going through their annual wtf is going on moment. Seems like over the last 3-4 years we have stretches that defy any and all logic. 

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. He's performed well. Something has to change or maybe Cubs are just going through their annual wtf is going on moment. Seems like over the last 3-4 years we have stretches that defy any and all logic. 

I think the Cubs will be fine, their hitting will come around and pen help is on the way.  

Archived