2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Really, really like this answer/quote from Mets pitching coach Phil Regan. By the way...he's 82.

Cl

Regan was a member of the 69 Cubs. Our most reliable reliever (along with Ted Abernathy).

Durocher had them (along with the starting 8 and the starting pitchers) worn out by mid August, and they collapsed.

And, yes...I was second guessing managers even back then...😁

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Regan was a member of the 69 Cubs. Our most reliable reliever (along with Ted Abernathy).

Durocher had them (along with the starting 8 and the starting pitchers) worn out by mid August, and they collapsed.

And, yes...I was second guessing managers even back then...😁

We all do. Part of the deal. Right now I'm second guess Theo and why he continues to keep Brach on the roster. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We all do. Part of the deal. Right now I'm second guess Theo and why he continues to keep Brach on the roster. 

I have a feeling when CEJ comes of IL and Kimbrel is promoted, he won't be.

At least I hope he won't be.

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds win their 6th in a row last night in Milwaukee.  It was a long 9 inning game with around 425 pitches total in the game.  After 3 inning in a 3-0 game each pitcher had over 75 pitches which made for long game.

Is Senzel going to be the NL RoY?

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Is Senzel going to be the NL RoY?

Playing well right now but to tell you the truth I have not paid attention to what other rookies are doing.  He went out of the game last night after the 5th inning with a headache.  I know he has had some problems with vertigo in the past so I hope tis doesn't have anything to do with hi going out last night.

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Playing well right now but to tell you the truth I have not paid attention to what other rookies are doing.  He went out of the game last night after the 5th inning with a headache.  I know he has had some problems with vertigo in the past so I hope tis doesn't have anything to do with hi going out last night.

https://www.radio.com/articles/5-mlb-rookies-amazing-stats-2019

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

He gets his fair share of daily rip fest from all aspects. On this particular issue he should have been DFA'd 2 weeks ago. 

Is there a possibility that he is playing through an injury?

39 minutes ago, rico said:

Is there a possibility that he is playing through an injury?

All but guaranteed. Twisted cranium. All between the ears right now. Same with Dylan Maples....by the way who if anybody who follows the Cubs knows he has the best stuff on the team. He just can't execute. Those 2 coupled with injuries has Joe grasping....but our biggest problem remains our hitting. All aspects of it. 

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

After dropping 3 in a row, Twins have won 2 straight. Would love them to be up by at least 10 games on the 4th of July 

Cleveland is starting to play a lot better.  Twins can't let up.

Also, it looks like the feel good story of the Rays is starting to end.  I will be surprised if Tampa even makes the playoffs.  Would never have dreamed that 3 weeks ago.  

40 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Cleveland is starting to play a lot better.  Twins can't let up.

Also, it looks like the feel good story of the Rays is starting to end.  I will be surprised if Tampa even makes the playoffs.  Would never have dreamed that 3 weeks ago.  

Cleveland is playing well. That’s why the Twins need to build as large of a cushion as they can 

13 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I don't believe I've ever seen a starting pitcher allowed to give up 9 earned runs before getting pulled.

0-6 I think in his last 8 starts. Bullpen needs some rest so I'm assuming Joe told him sorry buddy you need to take one today. Before this stretch started (13 games) I was thinking 9-4 minimum...now we sit at 2-3. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

0-6 I think in his last 8 starts. Bullpen needs some rest so I'm assuming Joe told him sorry buddy you need to take one today. Before this stretch started (13 games) I was thinking 9-4 minimum...now we sit at 2-3. 

I suppose. It just kills me to see a team with so much talent struggle like this. Thankfully, the Brewers are struggling as well. The Cardinals (who seem to have righted the ship for now) are only a game back. 

You really have to start wondering, especially considering Maddon's lame duck status, how long it would be before Theo makes a change. I think if the Cubs continue to under perform up to the All Star break, he may make a change.

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I suppose. It just kills me to see a team with so much talent struggle like this. Thankfully, the Brewers are struggling as well. The Cardinals (who seem to have righted the ship for now) are only a game back. 

You really have to start wondering, especially considering Maddon's lame duck status, how long it would be before Theo makes a change. I think if the Cubs continue to under perform up to the All Star break, he may make a change.

Same. I'm a Maddon guy. For what he accomplished at Tampa alone shows he's a first ballot HOF but right now something isn't clicking. All of them. I don't think Theo would ever do that to Joe during a season. I'm thinking a major change is coming soon though. Q, Montgomery, Chatwood and obviously the players on offense we've discussed. Something has to change with this team.

How we're still in first place is beyond me. 

Meanwhile the Yanks keep rolling as they have taken the first 3 games of the 4 game set against the Strohs. Plus they have now hit a HR in 25 games. But I think it ends today as they face the Yankee killer, Verlander in the afternoon game. The Strohs swept the Yanks earlier this season, so turnabout is fair play.

Go Yanks

11 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Meanwhile the Yanks keep rolling as they have taken the first 3 games of the 4 game set against the Strohs. Plus they have now hit a HR in 25 games. But I think it ends today as they face the Yankee killer, Verlander in the afternoon game. The Strohs swept the Yanks earlier this season, so turnabout is fair play.

Go Yanks

That's sort of the frustrating thing. Yankees haven't been healthy all year and still 22 over .500 and getting healthier every day right? 

20 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Go Yanks

Yes, I would think Yankee fans would get sick of all that winning 🙂

I'll say one thing...If George Steinbrenner was running the Cubs right now, Maddon would have been long gone...They'd probably be managed by the ghost of Billy Martin.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Yes, I would think Yankee fans would get sick of all that winning 🙂

I'll say one thing...If George Steinbrenner was running the Cubs right now, Maddon would have been long gone...They'd probably be managed by the ghost of Billy Martin.

You think so? 4 straight playoffs, 1 title,etc....you think George would run Joe out? I mean Theo is all but doing that already without giving him an extension. 

Archived