2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, slojoe said:

Chatwood just isn't a starter.  Quintana and Darvish really suck.  Alzolay has been able to go 4 with excellent results, but in both outings he got into trouble in his 5th inning and got pulled.  Hendricks is supposed to be back after All-Star break.

I agree with everything you said. I think Darvish is the most salvageable, simply because I think power pitchers seem to be able to straighten out their issues more easily than finesse guys like Quintana.

That, and 81 million bucks the Cubs are on the hook for.

I saw today where the Cubs are looking for another left handed reliever, so I guys starting pitching isn't a concern for the powers that be.

Just now, rico said:

But I don't gamble.

I don't either but just in case people do. I've made 2 illegal bets in my life. Both in 2001-02 season for IU. Lost both. Vowed I never would again do the illegal thing. Sure I go to Vegas a couple times and throw some $ in tourney pools but no gambling.

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Nice to see the Tanks with an A grade despite all of their injuries.

Now Cashnan needs to get to work getting a pitcher(s).....

Hamels hurt. Oblique injury. He had similar one in 2017 that caused him to miss 2 months. Time will tell. CarGo gone and Cubs lose another one to worst team in Central. With Gonzales being gone...I suspect others soon. My list is getting longer of who I don't want on the team anymore. Russell, Descalso, Montgomery, Edwards, Brach, Chatwood.....but now with injuries and Zobrist still just MIA we have to keep some of these guys around. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Hamels hurt. Oblique injury. He had similar one in 2017 that caused him to miss 2 months. Time will tell. CarGo gone and Cubs lose another one to worst team in Central. With Gonzales being gone...I suspect others soon. My list is getting longer of who I don't want on the team anymore. Russell, Descalso, Montgomery, Edwards, Brach, Chatwood.....but now with injuries and Zobrist still just MIA we have to keep some of these guys around. 

He's supposed to have an MRI today.  It sounds like only a strain.  In 2017 he had a tear.

Cubs still in first by 1 as Brew Crew lost again.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I agree with you on everyone except Edwards. He seemed to be getting it together before he went to IL. He's a good 7th inning guy (or before if Morrow comes back this year).

I think of those you mentioned, only Russell has any trade value. He's still young enough to salvage a once promising career, although he does have baggage on top of declining numbers.

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I agree with you on everyone except Edwards. He seemed to be getting it together before he went to IL. He's a good 7th inning guy (or before if Morrow comes back this year).

I think of those you mentioned, only Russell has any trade value. He's still young enough to salvage a once promising career, although he does have baggage on top of declining numbers.

Yep. I'm fine with Edwards too I guess. I just started typing and somehow he ended up on my list. This week can't go fast enough. This team needs a break from each other and I need a break from them. Haha..

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. I'm fine with Edwards too I guess. I just started typing and somehow he ended up on my list. This week can't go fast enough. This team needs a break from each other and I need a break from them. Haha..

Maybe we can come back fresh after the break, and with some fresh faces. It can't hurt. The core of this team is way too talented to struggle like this.

Changing out some of the non-producers for some of the kids in Iowa might be just what we need.

I'd be interested to see what Theo would say about Maddon's future if we continue this slump into the break. The dreaded "vote of confidence"?

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

You are selling the Reds short.

Archived