2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Ok, I'll own that one. In these days of 13 man pitching staffs, and only 4 bench players, it's hard to imagine how difficult  it would be to manage if you've got guys banged up.

The Pirates need to knock off the high and tight stuff. They're either going to get someone hurt (Bote was lucky yesterday) by hitting someone, or starting a brawl.

Good to see Maddon get fired up yesterday. Hopefully, it's contagious.

Pirates are a bunch of bums. 

56 minutes ago, slojoe said:

HTD has always been down on Roberts big time.  Apparently he won't be satisfied until the Dodgers get another ring.

When teams like Boston, Chicago, LAD, and Yankees throw around the kind of money they do... every year they dont win a ring they should be pissed off. 

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

When teams like Boston, Chicago, LAD, and Yankees throw around the kind of money they do... every year they dont win a ring they should be pissed off. 

The White Sox throw around money?  I jest...

1 hour ago, rico said:

Chose not to spend=chose not to win

And in case of the White Sox....they've created this little brother mantra and fans have bought it forever. Jerry and his private investors bought them for $20M in the 80's and now it's worth $1.5B. Money and making money for themselves has always been their MO. 

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And in case of the White Sox....they've created this little brother mantra and fans have bought it forever. Jerry and his private investors bought them for $20M in the 80's and now it's worth $1.5B. Money and making money for themselves has always been their MO. 

And that last sentence sums up what the Pale Hose are.  They SHOULD be a contender every year.

Reds 3 game winning streak is over with a 7-2 loss to Cleveland.  The bullpen was bad today giving up 5 runs n the last two innings after a good start from Disco.  Even when they won the in a row against the Brewers their hitting was not really good and today after scoring  in the first they were shutout the rest of the way.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Reds 3 game winning streak is over with a 7-2 loss to Cleveland.  The bullpen was bad today giving up 5 runs n the last two innings after a good start from Disco.  Even when they won the in a row against the Brewers their hitting was not really good and today after scoring  in the first they were shutout the rest of the way.

The off day yesterday hurt the Reds.  They had good momentum, but after the day off, they just seemed flat.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Puig's average is up to .253

He basically has been the entire offense this week.

I think he's good for the Reds.  Would like for them to find a way to keep him.  Not some huge long term deal, but re-up him for a year or two and see if the team could get over the hump.  

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He basically has been the entire offense this week.

I think he's good for the Reds.  Would like for them to find a way to keep him.  Not some huge long term deal, but re-up him for a year or two and see if the team could get over the hump.  

From what I am seeing on other forums, a majority of Reds fans want Puig in GABP next year.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

From what I am seeing on other forums, a majority of Reds fans want Puig in GABP next year.

I've always been a fan of Puig. I'd much rather have players like him where you have to figure out a way to manage/control his passion vs the alternative. 

Thought you Reds fans would like this. 

26 years ago today: Tom Browning leaves the #Reds' dugout at Wrigley Field in uniform, walks across the street and sits with a group of Cubs fans on the roof of an apartment building behind the right field bleachers. Manager Davey Johnson fines him $500 for the stunt.

D-3-CHuXUAUY8RW.jpg

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Thought you Reds fans would like this. 

26 years ago today: Tom Browning leaves the #Reds' dugout at Wrigley Field in uniform, walks across the street and sits with a group of Cubs fans on the roof of an apartment building behind the right field bleachers. Manager Davey Johnson fines him $500 for the stunt.

D-3-CHuXUAUY8RW.jpg

LOL, I remember watching that game on TV...funny stuff.  We could use a Tom Browning right now.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

LOL, I remember watching that game on TV...funny stuff.  We could use a Tom Browning right now.

Don't have any stats off hand but he was one of the best going there it seemed like for a decade. I had to use wiki but it said he was superstitious and never shaved in between starts so that's why he always had that look. Also said he left to be with his wife (she was in labor) during a playoff game. Reds sent a message to play by play guys saying he needed to return to game. He didn't. Seems like a pretty fun guy actually reading about him.

29 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The 2 things I remember most about Browning are the perfect game and the gruesome arm injury. 

Trivia question. Who is the only catcher who was behind the plate for 2 perfect games?

Wow. Good one. I won't spoil. Knowing an answer like that will win me a radio contest someday.

Archived