2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The way Garcia is playing, if we do get Merrifield, put him in the outfield.

To me he's our CF and lead off hitter. Put Garcia at 2nd and batting second. Schwarber back to 5th or 6th. That's what I think might be the best option if those things happen.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

To me he's our CF and lead off hitter. Put Garcia at 2nd and batting second. Schwarber back to 5th or 6th. That's what I think might be the best option if those things happen.

I looked up Whit's defensive stats...dude has played every position except SS and C.

Meanwhile...... All rise as Judge smacked a 2 run shot in the bottom of the 8th to give the Yanks a 4-3 lead, and the icing on the cake was Didi hitting a grand slam as the Bronx Bombers won 8-3. With the Sawks losing, order is restored in the AL East.

You may now return discussing the NL Central (yawn).....

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Meanwhile...... All rise as Judge smacked a 2 run shot in the bottom of the 8th to give the Yanks a 4-3 lead, and the icing on the cake was Didi hitting a grand slam as the Bronx Bombers won 8-3. With the Sawks losing, order is restored in the AL East.

You may now return discussing the NL Central (yawn).....

Did I mention I hate the Yankers?

Schwarber goes yard in the bottom of the 10th...Cubs win 4-3.  

Reds blew a great chance to get closer to the cubs last night.  You score 3 runs in the 1st and don't score again in a 10 inning game that is just inexcusable.  The pitching only gives up 3 runs in 9 innings you should win especially if you score 3 runs in the 1st inning..

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds blew a great chance to get closer to the cubs last night.  You score 3 runs in the 1st and don't score again in a 10 inning game that is just inexcusable.  The pitching only gives up 3 runs in 9 innings you should win especially if you score 3 runs in the 1st inning..

Let me get this straight.  Scoring 3 runs in the 1st should guarantee a win?  Is this some rule that I ain't aware of?

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Was surprised. Season debut by Mills with new catcher. When Reds scored 3 in first I thought oh boy...here we go again. Phone started blowing up with other Cubs fans. I'd love to know the data in today's game of holding an opponent to 3 runs or less over 9 innings what the winning percentage is. I'd guess in the .800 area but that's probably high. Even for baseball.

9 minutes ago, rico said:

Let me get this straight.  Scoring 3 runs in the 1st should guarantee a win?  Is this some rule that I ain't aware of?

Where did I say it guarantees a win but when you only give up 3 runs in 9 innings you should be able to win that game.  It was not like the Cubs was sending out one of their top pitchers but a guy who just came up from the minors.

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Was surprised. Season debut by Mills with new catcher. When Reds scored 3 in first I thought oh boy...here we go again. Phone started blowing up with other Cubs fans. I'd love to know the data in today's game of holding an opponent to 3 runs or less over 9 innings what the winning percentage is. I'd guess in the .800 area but that's probably high. Even for baseball.

What else hurt the Reds is that Senzel getting thrown out at home to end the first inning.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What else hurt the Reds is that Senzel getting thrown out at home to end the first inning.

Meh, what hurt was that one inning with runners on 1st and 2nd and no outs...and then comes a DP.

looks like the reds are going to make another mediocre pitcher look like Cy Young today.  Darvich has a no hitter for 4 innings and it appears the Reds are going through their normal offensive slump the last couple of games.  The last 13 innings they have scored 0 runs on 2 hits and this is why they can't put a good run together.  Gray has given up runs on 2 homeruns so far in his 3 innings pitched.

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

looks like the reds are going to make another mediocre pitcher look like Cy Young today.  Darvich has a no hitter for 4 innings and it appears the Reds are going through their normal offensive slump the last couple of games.  The last 13 innings they have scored 0 runs on 2 hits and this is why they can't put a good run together.  Gray has given up runs on 2 homeruns so far in his 3 innings pitched.

If the Reds are making Darvish look like Cy Young,  surely they hit a guy that's been dead for 65 years right. I kid I kid

32 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds have 2 hits now.

13 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

If the Reds are making Darvish look like Cy Young,  surely they hit a guy that's been dead for 65 years right. I kid I kid

Mound to plate.  6ixty feet 6 inches.  Dead people.  6 feet under.  That's a lot of 6's.  

I think we're delving into the occult.

41 minutes ago, rico said:

Hernandez needs to be DFA'd...pitiful.

As long as David Bell is the manager the Reds will not win.  You don't bring in a guy who for two months can't get outs but you bring him onto a 2 -0 game.  Gives up 2 runs on two walks and a hit in a .3 of an inning,  If not for that those two runs the Reds scored in the 8th would have tied the game.  The bullpen has totally ran out of gas because of the over use early in the season.  Also the Reds are getting nothing from the second base position with Gennett and Dietrich not hitting at all.

I know you like Winker but for most of the year he has brought nothing to this team.  To me you have to play Ervin everyday in left field until he shows that he has cooled down.

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

As long as David Bell is the manager the Reds will not win.  You don't bring in a guy who for two months can't get outs but you bring him onto a 2 -0 game.  Gives up 2 runs on two walks and a hit in a .3 of an inning,  If not for that those two runs the Reds scored in the 8th would have tied the game.  The bullpen has totally ran out of gas because of the over use early in the season.  Also the Reds are getting nothing from the second base position with Gennett and Dietrich not hitting at all.

I know you like Winker but for most of the year he has brought nothing to this team.  To me you have to play Ervin everyday in left field until he shows that he has cooled down.

First off, you sound like HTD concerning the manager.  Geez, Bell is a 1st year skipper and he is gonna make mistakes.  

Now to business, the Reds were short a couple of arms in the pen today.  But I will agree, Hernandez shouldn't have seen the field in a tight ball game.  Horrible decision on Bell's part.  

As far as second...I would be happy playing Peraza there, but you got to see what Scooter can do coming back from injury if anything to showcase him with the trade deadline coming up.  And Dietrich is nothing more than a bench player who happened to have pop early on.

Winker does have 13 dongs...but yeah Ervin has earned his playing time and he is a 1st rounder as well.  I imagine a platoon is coming or it better.

1 minute ago, rico said:

First off, you sound like HTD concerning the manager.  Geez, Bell is a 1st year skipper and he is gonna make mistakes.  

Now to business, the Reds were short a couple of arms in the pen today.  But I will agree, Hernandez shouldn't have seen the field in a tight ball game.  Horrible decision on Bell's part.  

As far as second...I would be happy playing Peraza there, but you got to see what Scooter can do coming back from injury if anything to showcase him with the trade deadline coming up.  And Dietrich is nothing more than a bench player who happened to have pop early on.

Winker does have 13 dongs...but yeah Ervin has earned his playing time and he is a 1st rounder as well.  I imagine a platoon is coming or it better.

The amount of homeruns don't concern me but his RBI's (29) does as does Votto's (23).  When bench players like Farmer has as much RBI's as full time starters does that is a problem.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Strange. You can never just compliment. Yu's stuff has been good to very good in most of his starts recently. Cubs did what they should do vs the Reds or anyone in baseball. Win a home series. Nothing more nothing less. 

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The amount of homeruns don't concern me but his RBI's (29) does as does Votto's (23).  When bench players like Farmer has as much RBI's as full time starters does that is a problem.

Well Winker spent most of his time at lead-off and Votto has been batting second.  Much like the Cubs, the Reds seem to have a batting order issue.

13 minutes ago, rico said:

Well Winker spent most of his time at lead-off and Votto has been batting second.  Much like the Cubs, the Reds seem to have a batting order issue.

Senzel should always be the lead off hitter and it is time to move Joey down the lineup.  Going forward to next year and beyond I see the Reds having 4 guys that I like

Senzel- CF

Suarez- 3B

Puig- RF

Inglesias-SS

I wouldn't put Votto in this list but he is not going anywhere with that contract.  So they need to upgrade LF, 2B,and catcher.

Archived