2019 MLB Discussion

rico

13 hours ago, rico said:

Damn, did you even see Bench play?

I only remember his Last 2 or 3 years. He was my Dads favorite so I watched games all my life but 1st game I attended that I can recall was 81 kid glove game.

I became a Jr fan my freshman year in high school when we played Moeller and Jr was a Sr.😀

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I only remember his Last 2 or 3 years. He was my Dads favorite so I watched games all my life but 1st game I attended that I can recall was 81 kid glove game.

I became a Jr fan my freshman year in high school when we played Moeller and Jr was a Sr.😀

I was at Bench's last game.  But it is a shame you never got to see him in his prime.  

14 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Out of all of the players who played in the steroid era, I always thought Junior and Frank Thomas suffered the most.

Their numbers in context pale compared to the people who juiced. Griffey is 7th on the all-time list. Should be 5th. Thomas is 20th and should be 13th.

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Out of all of the players who played in the steroid era, I always thought Junior and Frank Thomas suffered the most.

Their numbers in context pale compared to the people who juiced. Griffey is 7th on the all-time list. Should be 5th. Thomas is 20th and should be 13th.

I loved me some "Big Hurt."

5 minutes ago, rico said:

I was at Bench's last game.  But it is a shame you never got to see him in his prime.  

My best friend's favorite player. I remember when Bench hit his clutch homerun in the bottom of the 9th of game 5 of the 1972 NLCS. We'd literally just walked in the door of my house from school. My friend went crazy, running around our house. My mom thought he should be committed.

23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Barring those injuries I think Jr would have easily surpassed Aaron's HR total.

I remember all the controversy surrounding Jr and his lack of respect for the game because he wore his hat backward. 

23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Those two definitely impacted the most. I'll add one more that at least to me was as good as they get during that time but often gets overlooked or in some cases just forgotten. Will Clark. 

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Those two definitely impacted the most. I'll add one more that at least to me was as good as they get during that time but often gets overlooked or in some cases just forgotten. Will Clark. 

Since, as my wife says, I hold grudges as long as the Hoover Dam holds water, I find it hard to forgive "The Thrill" for the 1989 NLCS....

But you're right...

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Since, as my wife says, I hold grudges as long as the Hoover Dam holds water, I find it hard to forgive "The Thrill" for the 1989 NLCS....

But you're right...

Yep. That's why he's on my list. That whole series between he and Grace was just awesome....minus the outcome.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Damn, I forgot about Will myself.  I had to look up his stats.  Very impressive.  Over 2,000 hits and a lifetime BA over .300.  HoF worthy.

1 minute ago, rico said:

Damn, I forgot about Will myself.  I had to look up his stats.  Very impressive.  Over 2,000 hits and a lifetime BA over .300.  HoF worthy.

We all do. He was a product of being on the West Coast and plenty of us only saw him when our teams faced them. He, Mattingly, Gwynn.....I loved pure hitters.

Well the Yankees completed a 4 game series with the Rays by sweeping a double header against the Rays and taking 3 out of 4 games. They should have won all 4 games if it wasn't for Aroldis losing a lead and the game.

The Rockies are now in town where DJ will face his former team for the first time.

Go Yanks

7 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

We need some Aaron Boone savages for both the football and basketball teams. 

Speaking of Aaron Boone, he got tossed out of the 1st game arguing balls and strikes. I know a manager is not supposed to do that, but the home plate umpire (he looked like a high school kid), really was pretty bad. I found a YouTube video of the rant he had. WARNING: the language is pretty explicit, but see what you think....

Disclaimer, If the mods think it is too rough, you may delete it

Baseball is such an unfair game sometime. Strop comes in to start the 8th holding a 1 run lead for Lester and pukes it up on the first pitch.

Cubs score in the bottom half, Kimbrel strikes out the side (with a walk sandwiched in) and the winning pitcher is...

Pedro Strip...

52 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Baseball is such an unfair game sometime. Strop comes in to start the 8th holding a 1 run lead for Lester and pukes it up on the first pitch.

Cubs score in the bottom half, Kimbrel strikes out the side (with a walk sandwiched in) and the winning pitcher is...

Pedro Strip...

Anymore.....Just Win Baby. 6-1 since the break. The better teams starting to flex. Agree with you though...Strop getting a win today and what he did to my group text seems a tad unfair. 

Archived