2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully the Reds keep Bauer long term.  Hate giving up Trammell.      I hope Puig grew a liking to the Reds and  Cincy and they can bring him back as a FA.   I've always really liked Puig though his early immaturity  was tough to take at times.  I was listening to the MLB audio of the Reds announcers  while on my neighborhood walk last night when the WLW broadcast disappeared and went blank in the 8th. THey were losing pretty bad so  I switched to the Ranger game. They announced the Bauer trade and I tried to switch back but the Reds audio was never back.  It would have been exciting radio to hear the Reds crew discuss the trade and the brawl live as it all happened while on a 1 hour walk. 

Been on a lot of walks lately trying to get my back in order again and just last week they were discussing brawls and trying to determine which announcer should take which announcer on the other team.  I think it was the Pirates they were talking about too. Maybe the Pirate announcer won the brawl and took the radio broadcast down. LOL

On 7/26/2019 at 11:57 AM, rico said:

Speaking of Houston I saw where Tony Kemp has been DFA'd.  Be a nice pick up for some team out there.

You were prophetic on that one...I just didn't think it'd be the Cubs picking him up...

I'll throw in some Frisch's tarter sauce along with the Hudepohl and Skyline...

57 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Tanner Roark to the As for Jameson Hannah

Small sample size on Hannah, but I noticed he did play for Dallas Baptist.  A CFer and a lefty is at high A right now.

Edit: Per MLB Rumors

Soon to turn 22, Hannah was a second-round pick in the 2018 draft. He has been playing at the High-A level, where he carries a .284/.341/.381 batting line in 414 plate appearances. It seems his power will need to come around a bit, but he’s regarded as possessing a quality hit tool with an advanced approach.  Prior to the season, Baseball America considered Hannah a 50 grade prospect, citing a “sweet left-handed swing paired with plus athleticism and double-plus speed.”  BA sees Hannah as a strong defensive center fielder and likely big leaguer, making him a nice score for two months of Roark.  It appears the Reds were able to pick up most of the tab on Roark’s salary and extract a better prospect as a result.

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Imagine being in the AL and you face Astros and are staring Verlander, Greinke, and Cole in first 3 games....

IMy thoughts exactly. In a short series, that's a significant advantage. Astros did give up 3 of their top 10 prospects, but not Kyle Tucker

Archived