2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Can a Cub fan explain to me why Happ was in the minors all year until just recently? It’s not like they have 3 stud outfielders that were blocking him. Almora and has -0.4 WAR this year wasn’t cutting it. Why so long to make the move?

Head case and honestly after his leadoff HR last year to start the season he was just brutal. Spring training was bad.....and he was nowhere near Heyward, Schwarber...and honestly Almora before his recent meltdown. With addition of Castellanos and Bryant playing in left he wasn't needed. PS....his errors this past week led to a couple of losses so he's back in the can you go away category for me again. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Head case and honestly after his leadoff HR last year to start the season he was just brutal. Spring training was bad.....and he was nowhere near Heyward, Schwarber...and honestly Almora before his recent meltdown. With addition of Castellanos and Bryant playing in left he wasn't needed. PS....his errors this past week led to a couple of losses so he's back in the can you go away category for me again. 

Gotcha. Can you elaborate on the head case comment? What kind of things has he done?

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

Gotcha. Can you elaborate on the head case comment? What kind of things has he done?

Just his intensity. He's one of those guys who tries so hard, studies so much....nothing bad but in baseball you need to chill every once in awhile because it's such a long season. He's full throttle all the time. Beats himself up mentally. 

Did any of you Reds fans watch the game last night and hear the conversation that Brenaman  and Welsh have about pitching.  Talk about how the bullpens being over used especially early because the starters are not ready early in the year to even go 100 pitches into a game.  Maybe they read this board since we had a very similar discussion the other day.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Did any of you Reds fans watch the game last night and hear the conversation that Brenaman  and Welsh have about pitching.  Talk about how the bullpens being over used especially early because the starters are not ready early in the year to even go 100 pitches into a game.  Maybe they read this board since we had a very similar discussion the other day.

Unless you can produce a recording verified by PriceWaterhouseCooper, I'm skeptical...

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Unless you can produce a recording verified by PriceWaterhouseCooper, I'm skeptical...

In tonight's game they were talking about how starters in baseball is averaging just over 5 innings per game.  Also talking about how they will break the homerun record this year by around 300 homeruns this year and how that is hurting the game or more specifically pitching. 

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Great game for the Reds tonight and had some good pitching.  Lorenzen had a great night with 2IP, 0H, 0R and 2-2 batting.  Also I want to say the shift did help the Reds twice tonight.

Just saw the highlights. The throwback Big Red Machine uniforms were a nice touch.

Maybe the Reds should keep wearing them

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Every once in awhile I take my Cub blinders off and look around at other teams. Obviously Yankees are on another level but look at Rays. 20 over .500 and best road record in baseball yet only 1/2 game lead over A's for final playoff spot. 

Very strong chance that a team will get left out of the play-offs in the AL with 90 wins.

Archived