2019 MLB Discussion

rico

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Reds. Please don't blow another lead today. I've tried to be civil with Reds out of respect for this board and the guys who cheer for them but if you mess this one up.....we'll go another direction.

Sincerely,

Cubs Fans

Well your Cubs should not have put themselves in a situation where you need the Reds to beat the Cardinals for you

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well your Cubs should not have put themselves in a situation where you need the Reds to beat the Cardinals for you

So funny. I even knew you were going to say that. PS. I agree. PSS....EVERYONE knows that. Some of the basic stuff doesn't need to be said, right?

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Verlander with a no hitter. 120 pitches. Strikes out 15....and the Reds gotta Reds. Tie game. Probably a reason they are 15-20 games out of first every year. 3x they've had 90+ win seasons since 2000. Some teams always find their level. 

You have a short memory because from 2010-14 the Reds was in the playoffs 3 out of 4 years and dominated the Cubs during that time frame.

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hence the phrase 3x they've had 90 win seasons since 2000. 

To me it is funny that Cubs fans can come on here and talk smack about other teams.  I am 48 years old and for most of that time the Cubs were a laughing stock and was the lovable losers.  Just looked at the Reds record against the Cubs from 2010-14 and it was 60-28 so it looks like it just cyclical and right now is the Cubs time. 

Be still my heart!!!! The Yankees won series with the As today in dramatic fashion!

JA Happ pitched really well for 6 innings keeping Oakland scoreless. Then the relief pitching gave up 4 runs over the next two innings. Down 4-0, the Yankees scored 3 in the 8th and Gardner hit a game tying homer in the ninth and was followed up by a pinch hit, walk off homer by Ford for a 5-4 win!!! This game was followed up by a walk off homer by LaMaheiu in the 11th inning of last night's game for a walk off win!

My ol' ticker can hardly take it!!

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me it is funny that Cubs fans can come on here and talk smack about other teams.  I am 48 years old and for most of that time the Cubs were a laughing stock and was the lovable losers.  Just looked at the Reds record against the Cubs from 2010-14 and it was 60-28 so it looks like it just cyclical and right now is the Cubs time. 

Cool. Cubs still made the playoffs 3x before Don Theo took over. 7x in 16 seasons. Talking smack? That hasn't even started.

Just pointing out a few things. In terms of the lovable loser stuff....I think less than 1% of people actually believe that phrase. It's easy and lazy for other teams fans to think but no one actually believes it. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Cool. Cubs still made the playoffs 3x before Don Theo took over. 7x in 16 seasons. Talking smack? That hasn't even started.

Just pointing out a few things. In terms of the lovable loser stuff....I think less than 1% of people actually believe that phrase. It's easy and lazy for other teams fans to think but no one actually believes it. 

They were called that by the media for many years.  Cubs fans would still go to the games even when they were losing 90+ games a year because of the stadium and not the team.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

They were called that by the media for many years.  Cubs fans would still go to the games even when they were losing 90+ games a year because of the stadium and not the team.

Not true. I've been a Cub fan all my life and once you've seen Wrigley, you've seen it. I went, if the team was good or bad, because I was a fan of the team. Plenty like me, too...

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Nah, the Cubs have rabid fans.  Barking up the wrong tree on that one.

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Not true. I've been a Cub fan all my life and once you've seen Wrigley, you've seen it. I went, if the team was good or bad, because I was a fan of the team. Plenty like me, too...

I am sure there are plenty of die hard fans but to have that many fans go to all of those day games it is more than the team it self.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am sure there are plenty of die hard fans but to have that many fans go to all of those day games it is more than the team it self.

No. In the early days of cable, WGN used to broadcast all 162 Cubs game, unless they were preempted by NBC's Saturday Game of the Week. That spawned Cub fans all over the US. That's why they travel so well. That's why people go to the games. Go to Chicago sometime. It's the Cub's city.

I follow the Cubs through thick and thin. And of the fans I know, I'm not alone.

The Braves and TBS did pretty much the same thing.

9 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Twins win. Indians lose. Twins 5 1/2 up on September 1st.

Cue BNL... “ pinch me, pinch me...”

Strange race there for sure. Thought as strong as the Indians were playing it was going to be tight all the way. 5 1/2 is a pretty good margin...even with 6 games head to head left. Final 13 vs Sox, Royals, and Tigers should provide all the W's you'll need.

23 hours ago, rico said:

Sorry to hear this...I thought Yu was really hitting his stride.

Just in. Yu Darvish just told clubhouse reporter he can't talk about his forearm issue. Another day. Another whatever that is. Haha. What a summer with this crew. After Javy leaving game yesterday with jammed thumb....now this with Yu, Rizzo back, Zobrist, Contreras....just want to have 1 drama free week for the North Siders this season. Just one. 

Just finished up 18 and made the mistake of grabbing my phone. Cubs go in these historical slumps where they don't score for days. Hendricks has faced 3 above the minimum after 6 and will take the loss if we don't rally. 

As it stands today...Cubs will have to do the Wild Card thing. Tip of the cap to Brewers last year and Cards this year. Cubs elevated their game in 15 and most of the division stepped up too. Maddening team sometimes. Now it's a race to who scores first this week. Cubs or Bears.

Edit-After going 24+ innings of no runs Cubs throw a 5 spot up in 7th with help from Schwarber vs a lefty pitcher of all things. Backing off the ledge again. 

Archived