2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately Cubs don't have the time to lose. Tough one to take at home. Have to get today before Cardinals come to town. I get so wrapped up in our own division....wanted to throw a tip of the cap to the Rays and A's. 2 small market franchises, small budgets and payrolls....zero home attendance in horrible stadiums and somehow they manage to be 30 over .500

9 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Twins come from 2 down in the 12th inning to win 9-8 over Chisox. Winning run derived as they load the bases and then a HBP.

Crazy way to win a ballgame, but at this point, a win is a win.

5 up with 11 to go. 

No 1964 Phillies meltdown, I am hoping.

Probably the last time I get to discuss the White Sox until next April. I remember way back when in June/July some of the Chicago reporters were discussing Sox rebuild and how it might be moving along at a faster pace than Cubs back in 2015. 21 under .500 and 28 games out of first. Heckuva rebuild you got going there on the South Side Rick. 

Give it up for the Reds and Nats! Cubs and Cards unable to take advantage.

Meanwhile, Luis Severino came back and pitched well in a 8-0 win. But Betances suffered a season ending injury after facing 2 batters, he has a partially torn achilles tendon. Talk about bad breaks! Yankees magic number to clinch AL East is 1!!!

Cards, Cubs, Reds, Twinkie fans carry on...………….

47 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds are 71-81 so they need two more wins to avoid another 90 loss season.  They are 22-32 in one run games and if they could have just won 6 or 7 more of those games they would be right in the race.

Yep...They are/were oh so close.

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds are 71-81 so they need two more wins to avoid another 90 loss season.  They are 22-32 in one run games and if they could have just won 6 or 7 more of those games they would be right in the race.

Just to kind of point out the obvious. If the Cubs didn't have the injuries or periods where they can't score....the Reds would be 22.5 games out of first not just 13.5. Kind of goes both ways...right? 

44 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Well shoot! The Yankees lost tonight 3-2 to the Angels. The offense was non-existent as they only managed 6 hits. The Angels winning run was scored on an error by Yankees pitcher Adam Ottavino.

Now I almost wish the Rays win so the Yanks can clinch tomorrow in front of the home crowd.

Go Yanks

Last I heard...Rays down 5-0

59 runs in the previous series and now back to back games of 2 runs each. Oh well. Onto St. Louis. Obviously huge 4 game set starting tonight. Need to take 3 of 4 and see what happens next week when Cards travel to a still in the race Diamonbacks team and Cubs head to Pirates before we play each other again. 

Wish we weren't in this position and honestly we shouldn't be. Very underachieving year from hitting slumps to bullpen. Every team deals with injuries (some more than others) but being down Baez and Rizzo this week just stinks. 

55 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

59 runs in the previous series and now back to back games of 2 runs each. Oh well. Onto St. Louis. Obviously huge 4 game set starting tonight. Need to take 3 of 4 and see what happens next week when Cards travel to a still in the race Diamonbacks team and Cubs head to Pirates before we play each other again. 

Wish we weren't in this position and honestly we shouldn't be. Very underachieving year from hitting slumps to bullpen. Every team deals with injuries (some more than others) but being down Baez and Rizzo this week just stinks. 

Cubs lucked out having 2 of their last 4 series against the hapless Pirates haha. If Cards win the central, they will have earned it. 2 series against the Cubs, 1 against the D-Backs, and 1 against the Brew Crew. Brewers schedule is a joke. 

Archived